Half time show

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I'm thinking they picked someone who was lesser known because they weren't going to have a big crowd at the game and didn't want to shell out for real A list musical act.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are old old. He is one of the top performers in the world

Among the world's best-selling music artists, with over 75 million records sold,[11] The Weeknd has won three Grammy Awards, five American Music Awards, nine Billboard Music Awards, two MTV Video Music Awards, nine Juno Awards, and has been nominated for an Academy Award.[12] He holds several chart records, being the first artist to simultaneously hold the top three positions on the Billboard Hot R&B Songs chart with "Can't Feel My Face", "Earned It", and "The Hills". The Weeknd was awarded the Allan Slaight Award by Canada's Walk of Fame.[13]

OP
OP
juza76

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Among the world's best-selling music artists, with over 75 million records sold,[11] The Weeknd has won three Grammy Awards, five American Music Awards, nine Billboard Music Awards, two MTV Video Music Awards, nine Juno Awards, and has been nominated for an Academy Award.[12] He holds several chart records, being the first artist to simultaneously hold the top three positions on the Billboard Hot R&B Songs chart with "Can't Feel My Face", "Earned It", and "The Hills". The Weeknd was awarded the Allan Slaight Award by Canada's Walk of Fame.[13]
I'm 44
I don't care much about selling
It wasn't a good show, his voice live is nothing special
Isnt a dancer, the music wasn't entertaining at all

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That tom Brady isnpretty damn good

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score

Yep. I like his music

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On cue my 21 year old cousin said he "killed it"

The NFL just trying to get the under 30 crowd to tune in.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
bad the singing was bad the show wasn't impressive. But when one of the best of the last decade was Prince and Katy Perry ... you know everything you need.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rarely watch the halftime show. Prince was great but the last several I could care less about.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The acoustics are not very good in a football stadium.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I thought he did alright. Dude uses auto tune way too much though.

OP
OP
juza76

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The acoustics are not very good in a football stadium.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

Yes but u can still appreciate vocals real skills
Unfortunately that's not his case

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes but u can still appreciate vocals real skills

I like to listen to live performances to evaluate a singer. All I'm saying this was not a good setting.

OP
OP
juza76

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like to listen to live performances to evaluate a singer. All I'm saying this was not a good setting.

In the stadium is harder for everyone but I heard many having better performances in the same circumstances
I often enjoy watching the live show, the voice for example, I have sung a bit too when I was younger, so even if I don't like the music genre I can appreciate the pure talent
I mean I can't demand some hard rock bands but I would be more pleased listening artists with great voices. Like Jessie J. Damy lovato....or if the voice is nothing special I can enjoy great ballets and choreography

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yeah if you guys didn’t recognize every song he played you’re fossils. I’m 52 and I know the weekend and his catalogue. What surprised me was the lack of surprises or cameos.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
The halftime show blew. It’s like Fonzie has saddled a shark. He’s now... riding that shark, who’s name is Shark, by the way, until he must then... jump (!) a group of choreographed sharks, all named Shark. And then for his victory celebration he goes to Applebee’s.

I should have pooped. Instead, I watched the Weekend. Missed opportunity on my part.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I'm thinking they picked someone who was lesser known because they weren't going to have a big crowd at the game and didn't want to shell out for real A list musical act.
Half time entertainment does not get paid. I heard they shelled out 7 million of their own money. They get paid production costs and travel that's it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave