Arizona Cardinals off season news Jan 25-Feb 25, 2021

Reaction score
I believe Pitts (or any top TE) adds two things on offense.

1 - He creates personnel mismatches vs pretty much whatever defensive personnel you line up against him. This means you are adding another player like Hop who can win one on one matchups.

2 - He enables a larger and more physical personnel package on offense while also increasing offensive team speed. We need to be more physical on offense and he can do that.

I'm all for Pitts at 16. He's a willing blocker & excellent receiver. If not him then we need to find a good athletic TE in one of the later rounds who is at least an average receiver & decent blocker.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mostert being fastest is no surprise. Drake being 3rd & Tyreek being "only" 5th are pretty shocking to me!

...dave

Needless to say I was shocked to see Drake at #3. Too bad he doesn't get more opportunities to flash that speed.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mostert being fastest is no surprise. Drake being 3rd & Tyreek being "only" 5th are pretty shocking to me!

...dave

I don't know what's more shocking. Tyreek being 5th or Drake being 3rd.

One thing is for sure. Drake isn't the 3rd fastest player in the league. I'm going to guess he was running sideways at the time and it somehow threw the calculations off.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what's more shocking. Tyreek being 5th or Drake being 3rd.

One thing is for sure. Drake isn't the 3rd fastest player in the league. I'm going to guess he was running sideways at the time and it somehow threw the calculations off.
Drake going sideways is a great way to put it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Stupid question, can we move him outside and have him be WR2?
This is the point. You can't really evaluate a guy like Pitts as a TE because he isn't a traditional one. You have to run an offense which detaches him from the line, puts him in motion and gives him one on one opportunities. Thankfully, Kliff likes to do these types of things which is why his fit and impact in this offense is different than it would be in more traditional ones. You have to view him as a replacement for both Fitzgerald AND Dan Arnold. A 2nd TE who can run the seam and a big WR who is athletic enough to run double moves from the slot or one on one matchups from the outside.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

...dave

His speed was on a different level on that run against us. You hardly see that separation as an RB anymore.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I fear we’re going to sign him because he’s cheaper and let Reddick walk.
Mine as well. The guys after Burns & Gambo the other day said they would rather keep Golden than franchise Reddick because he is a one year wonder. TB franchised Barrett after a career last year, he finished season with 8 sacks which is a solid number but far from his total last year. However, he is a vital piece to TB's pass rush this year and will get another nice payday this offseason. Again, I would TT him at $14.5M ($3M less than FT) and let another team set the market which I don't think will be more than $14.5M annually.

If you bring back Reddick, pass rusher won't really be a need in first 2 rounds. Allowing focus on CB & WR or OL.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Me too. We were less than 2 minutes away from a SB title. Just couldn't get Roethlisberger down on that last drive.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave