OT: Deshaun Watson officially wants out of Houston

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I disagree with Herbert. Loved what I saw, but those types of QBs get caught up to. I need atleast one more year of tape before I make that decision.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk Pro

Where are "those types of QBs"? Because if you're talking about pocket passers, I have some bad news for you about the historical long-term performance of mobile QBs.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Where are "those types of QBs"? Because if you're talking about pocket passers, I have some bad news for you about the historical long-term performance of mobile QBs.
Sorry. I was vague.

First year qbs. I've seen too many flame out when defenses catch up to them.

I want to see him adjust and get better over time.

Allen did it but not all do.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk Pro

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Didn’t hurt Detroit. As long as there’s multiple teams interested it doesn’t hurt their leverage.

I think the value would be about even here...

Kyler/#16

Tua/#3/#36 (maybe another late-rd)

I just think the Texans are going to set a precedent if they trade a superstar QB in his prime for a haul for the ages. It also sounds like his agent shot down rumors that he’ll be a no-show for off-season practices.

That trade would be awful, since even in comparing rookie seasons, Murray is a lot better than Tua.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Kyler for Watson should be either a: A straight up deal. or b: they should give us capital for taking on more than 40mm in contract value towards the cap in a very bad cap year.

If neither of those things are viable....... We don't even consider a deal.

Kyler is cheaper for 3 more years and that matters in this environment.
Kyler is a legend in Texas. Not huge, but it is a factor.
At his age, Kyler represents the greatest UPSIDE of any offer they might consider except for 4 truly untradeable QB's. Pat, Allen, Lamar, Russ, and I think that's it.

Seriously...... If we gave up Kyler and a 1st rounder..... It would be lunacy.

Watson and a #3 for Kyler and a #2..... Fine. Kyler and a #1 for Watson? no way.

I honestly think it should be Kyler and a #2 for Watson and their next 1st rounder in 2022. Something like that makes more sense to me.

Actually Watson’s post trade cap hits:

21’ - $10.5m
22’ - $35m
23’ - $37m
24’ - $32m
25’ - $32m

Quite reasonable for a top-5 QB in his prime. I don’t think we’d give up what it takes to get him.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
#5 and #6 are overstated. If you could replace him with DW the locker room negativity would be minimal at best. So would the national scrutiny. He is far and away a better player then KM at this point and still young.
With two blown knees. Murray has been still relatively healthy

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With two blown knees. Murray has been still relatively healthy

You mean the one-armed mostly non-running Kyler after the sack he took in the second game against Seattle en route to a horrid 2-5 finish? That relatively healthy Kyler? :shrug:

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You mean the one-armed mostly non-running Kyler after the sack he took in the second game against Seattle en route to a horrid 2-5 finish? That relatively healthy Kyler? :shrug:
RELATIVELY. And he still started ALL 16 games. Try again

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Congrats. Looks like we have a franchise starter. :rolleyes:
You big mad he’s still our qb?? Nitpicking about nagging injuries in which he PLAYED through?? He’s no RG3, never missed a game, the smallest guy on the field and is the best at protecting his body. And you trying to downplay it like he’s injury prone. Pathetic. No more pathetic then ragging on Kobe for YEARS after he cheated on his wife wishing he had bad games even though she forgave him years before.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You big mad he’s still our qb?? Nitpicking about nagging injuries in which he PLAYED though?? He’s no RG3, never missed a game, the smallest guy on the field and is the best at protecting his body. And you trying to downplay it like he’s injury prone. Pathetic. No more pathetic then ragging on Kobe for YEARS after he cheated on his wife wishing he had a bad games even though she forgave him years before.

Still waiting for him to prove me wrong. He was doing well until he got injured. Shows me that we have a need for a much better backup QB if this is how it will be going forward.

We were a playoff team if only we had a decent backup QB.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Still waiting for him to prove me wrong. He was doing well until he got injured. Shows me that we have a need for a much better backup QB if this is how it will be going forward.

We were a playoff team if only we had a decent backup QB.
He already did when he played though the injuries. We had a decent backup qb who beat Seattle in Seattle 2 years ago but for some reason Kliff didn’t activate him.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He already did when he played though the injuries. We had a decent backup qb who beat Seattle in Seattle 2 years ago but for some reason Kliff didn’t activate him.

I'd rather win with a decent backup than lose with an undersized starting QB looking to show "how tough he is" by playing (ineffectively) while being injured. Coupled with a coach that doesn't know what he's doing much of the time is a recipe for disaster - or 8-8 and no playoffs, in this case.

Imagine if Kyler could have taken some games off and gotten healthy and come back ready for the playoffs... Oh, well - just another wasted season.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely need a better backup than "The Leveler". The only thing that guy "levels" is the chance to win.

What's wrong with Brett Hundley? Thought he was a decent backup QB but he never saw the field...

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What's wrong with Brett Hundley? Thought he was a decent backup QB but he never saw the field...

Better than Streveler. I’m OK with Hundley as backup but I think he sucks pretty bad. Can’t understand why Kliff went with the Canadian backup reject, who sucks more, instead.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd rather win with a decent backup than lose with an undersized starting QB looking to show "how tough he is" by playing (ineffectively) while being injured. Coupled with a coach that doesn't know what he's doing much of the time is a recipe for disaster - or 8-8 and no playoffs, in this case.

Imagine if Kyler could have taken some games off and gotten healthy and come back ready for the playoffs... Oh, well - just another wasted season.
Give me a break, if he didn’t play a couple games to get fully healthy then you’ll be questioning his toughness and ability to play through adversity along with being a leader of men, and eying baseball. You moving goalposts. Kyler puts us in a position to win, and is the reason why we were sniffing the playoffs. I don’t see how you could complain about injuries and he still played through them. You can’t predict injuries and still went back in the game.

No coach in the league will have their most valuable player rest for a couple of games to get fully healthy.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If you're an unabashed Murray Stan, avert your eyes

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're an unabashed Murray Stan, avert your eyes

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He says Mayfield and Murray probably belong in the second group but need another season.

I fail to see the insult.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson