Rams trade Goff, 2 1sts for Stafford

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I perpetually feel like we are locked into 3rd place in our division. This changed nothing for me.

If the Niners get Watson....... I will lose all hope. haha

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is what it is. Is Stafford better than Goff? Absolutely. But, as someone said earlier, Goff always played great against us. Can Stafford play that much better against us than Goff did? Marginally at best. It’s the Ram’s D that eats our lunch. Having a week interior OL is kryptonite against the Rams. We have to strengthen our OL & fix our WR group in order to beat the Rams. I was 1000% sure that Goff wasn’t coming back, so this trade doesn’t surprise me one bit.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@Shane I'm disappointed in you. I thought you'd make a thread or deter this thread into whats THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION

Does she follow Goff to Detroit
You must be registered for see images attach

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just did a quick check of Stafford’s numbers at Pro Football Reference. Solid career overall of course as well as good TD-INT ratio, but he’s winless in the postseason (0-3). I know I know, he was a Lion, but LA may find themselves with a very good regular season QB who doesn’t perform well in big games. We’ll see....

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We have to stop worrying about what other teams in our division do. We have NO control over that. We have a great young QB. Build around him & we can compete in any division.
lol.

If the 49ers make a corresponding move, we'd better worry about what other teams in our division do. They're the only ones we're guaranteed six games a year against. We have a QB with potential, a GM who can't draft, and a head coach who can't find ways to win.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We have to stop worrying about what other teams in our division do. We have NO control over that. We have a great young QB. Build around him & we can compete in any division.
Its the building part that has many concerned.

Deshaun Watson was a top 5 QB this year and it didnt matter. Cause the organization/team wasnt built properly.

We're going to need to see more from Keim and there's no BOB to do him a solid.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol.

If the 49ers make a corresponding move, we'd better worry about what other teams in our division do. They're the only ones we're guaranteed six games a year against. We have a QB with potential, a GM who can't draft, and a head coach who can't find ways to win.
And worrying will do what?? The Cardinals are a historically pathetic organization. Maybe you should worry about finding a new favorite team.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
And worrying will do what?? The Cardinals are a historically pathetic organization. Maybe you should worry about finding a new favorite team.
Yay, here comes the "find a new team" argument again. How about instead of being okay with being historically pathetic, the team should worry about finding a decent GM and not hire failed college head coaches?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its the building part that has many concerned.

Deshaun Watson was a top 5 QB this year and it didnt matter. Cause the organization/team wasnt built properly.

We're going to need to see more from Keim and there's no BOB to do him a solid.
Watson was a statistically top 5 QB mainly because the Texans D was the worst in the NFL so they were forced to throw the ball against teams playing soft zones protecting big leads. Odds are that Keim is gone if the Cardinals don’t win this year. Is anyone confident that should that happen, that MB will make a good choice hiring his replacement? I don’t. As long as a Bidwill owns the Cardinals, it’ll always be an uphill battle.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Kyler takes that Josh Allen leap next year.

I'm starting to think thats whats needed to get in the playoffs next year.

That and draft some impact rookies. Its possible. Again its the Keim part I worry about. Good draft and an improved QB could go a long way.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yay, here comes the "find a new team" argument again. How about instead of being okay with being historically pathetic, the team should worry about finding a decent GM and not hire failed college head coaches?
Maybe instead of finding a new team, you should buy the team. The problem is ownership & that won’t change any time soon.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
cant wait for you to say the same with the next move the Seahawks make.

And then we’ll watch both of them continue to get to the playoffs while we sit on the sidelines watching for the sixth straight year.

why are you so concerned about this? Stafford isn’t really that good and he’s def past his prime if he ever had one.

QB is the one position more than any other in the NFL where you can see a guy put a team on his back and for 10 years nothing. He’s been in the league a decade what’s his defining moment? I’ll wait. A decade!

he’s a compiler who has to chuck the ball a 100 times a game cause there always losing.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Maybe instead of finding a new team, you should buy the team. The problem is ownership & that won’t change any time soon.
Cool, let's keep saying we should be fine with them losing then, and turning on fellow fans for being unhappy we're not succeeding.

TK421

Veteran
Reaction score
What are you guys worried about?? We couldn't even beat the Rams with Wolford at QB. Rams own us regardless of who is playing QB. My main concern is if niners end up with Watson.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Watson was a statistically top 5 QB mainly because the Texans D was the worst in the NFL so they were forced to throw the ball against teams playing soft zones protecting big leads. Odds are that Keim is gone if the Cardinals don’t win this year. Is anyone confident that should that happen, that MB will make a good choice hiring his replacement? I don’t. As long as a Bidwill owns the Cardinals, it’ll always be an uphill battle.
I’m thinking you’ve not watched many Texans games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave