OT: Deshaun Watson officially wants out of Houston

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well i guess being a cards fan is better than a texan fan now

Who ever lands watson will be lucky talent qb hell i wouldn't mind trading murray for him less swatted passes and familiar with nuk but rough contact will never happen:(

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The question is who has enough to offer the Texans to move on from him? Is Sam Darnold and the #2 pick enough + other stuff enough? Is Tua and multiple picks including the #3 pick enough? Also, Watson has a no trade clause so they can't just unload him anywhere.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't bet against him coming to the NFC West. That seems to be how it goes when a top tier player is available.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The question is who has enough to offer the Texans to move on from him? Is Sam Darnold and the #2 pick enough + other stuff enough? Is Tua and multiple picks including the #3 pick enough? Also, Watson has a no trade clause so they can't just unload him anywhere.

3 firsts easy. Darnold isn't worth a 1st.

I reckon Jets would need to give up 2 #1's, Darnold and a 3rd.

Niners have to be contenders. It's the main piece they are missing and can send Jimmy G the other way as a stop gap.

Colts are big contenders. Have the team and the cap space.

Pats? They don't mind trading picks for players and need a QB desperately.

I don't see the Jets. Too many holes to give away so many picks. Too far away from contending.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
3 firsts easy. Darnold isn't worth a 1st.

I reckon Jets would need to give up 2 #1's, Darnold and a 3rd.
The real question is where is Watson willing to go. That will be the biggest determining factor.

The best situations
Indy
SF
Rams
Balt
Dallas

The best offers
Jets
Jags
Dolphins
Balt (not that they are interested, but Lamar is a player Hou would be interested in)
AZ (same as above)
Chargers (same)

And here is really the other question. If Houston doesn't love Zach Wilson, Tua, Darnold or fields, I expect they would contact teams who have a QB they could sell to their fan base. Herbert, Lamar, Kyler, and Burrow are probably the beginning if the Texans are looking a options. Young and cheap and exciting. Dak is a possibility though the injury hurts.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The real question is where is Watson willing to go. That will be the biggest determining factor.

Agreed. Some good teams out there who need a QB who are ready to contend though. Niners and Colts top the list for me.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

·
3m

Here's Houston's leverage, if used:
*Can fine Deshaun Watson $95,877 for missing minicamp.
*Can fine him $50,000 per day for each day of training camp missed, plus one week salary -- $620,000 -- for each preseason game missed.
*If he retires, Texans can collect $21.6 million.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

The best situations
Indy
SF
Rams
Balt
Dallas

The best offers
Jets
Jags
Dolphins
Balt (not that they are interested, but Lamar is a player Hou would be interested in)
AZ (same as above)
Chargers (same)

And here is really the other question. If Houston doesn't love Zach Wilson, Tua, Darnold or fields, I expect they would contact teams who have a QB they could sell to their fan base. Herbert, Lamar, Kyler, and Burrow are probably the beginning if the Texans are looking a options. Young and cheap and exciting. Dak is a possibility though the injury hurts.
I would put Dolphins is your best situation column, too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The best situations
Indy
SF
Rams
Balt
Dallas

The best offers
Jets
Jags
Dolphins
AZ (same as above)
Chargers (same)

Lol, be serious man.

Us, Chargers, or Ravens aren’t trading any of our QBs. Houston isn’t trading him to a divisional rival either.

My money is either on Miami or New York.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

The best situations
Indy
SF
Rams
Balt
Dallas

The best offers
Jets
Jags
Dolphins
AZ (same as above)
Chargers (same)

Where do you rank the Saints offer....because...I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose