2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Steve, for a response which addresses the situation.

Instead of thanking Steve for his response, how about you actually respond to it since it flies in the face of every bit of mud you’ve been throwing against Vanessa and her dead husband.

what do you think now after reading Steve’s response?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Instead of thanking Steve for his response, how about you actually respond to it since it flies in the face of every bit of mud you’ve been throwing against Vanessa and her dead husband.

what do you think now after reading Steve’s response?
I'm posting about the issue and you're posting about me.

Steve brought up a point of which I was not aware.
Did you?

That's what the board should be about.

In response. your brother is so much more civil than you.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did you?

Big surprise that you start crying about being personally attacked. People are responding to what YOU said. You posted your deranged point of view and it was torn apart but rather than accept that you'd rather try and claim the high road by saying people are attacking you.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Big surprise that you start crying about being personally attacked. People are responding to what YOU said. You posted your deranged point of view and it was torn apart but rather than accept that you'd rather try and claim the high road by saying people are attacking you.
What is deranged in saying that Kobe, who hired the copter, should
have made the decision to turn around and not drive into the fog in
a mountainous area? Getting his daughter to a basketball game was
not more important. Obviously!

Innocent people in the cabin died, for cripes sake. Why are you not
showing compassion for them? Because Kobe was a celebrity?

'Sorry, I don't buy it!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What is deranged in saying that Kobe, who hired the copter, should
have made the decision to turn around and not drive into the fog in
a mountainous area? Getting his daughter to a basketball game was
not more important. Obviously!

Innocent people in the cabin died, for cripes sake. Why are you not
showing compassion for them? Because Kobe was a celebrity?

'Sorry, I don't buy it!

That’s some wild speculation considering you have no idea what actually happened inside that helicopter.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
That’s some wild speculation considering you have no idea what actually happened inside that helicopter.
It was reported at the time that Kobe was intent on getting his daughter to the game,
despite adverse weather conditions.

I feel compassion for the people in the cabin. Anyone who puts hero worship over them
has a priority with which I don't agree.

You have your opinion. I have mine.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was reported at the time that Kobe was intent on getting his daughter to the game,

I feel compassion for the people in the cabin. Anyone who puts hero worship over them

Show one article that backs your claim that Kobe told the pilot to disregard the weather so his daughter could make the game because it was so important to him. Please, just one. Ill wait.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Show one article that backs your claim that Kobe told the pilot to disregard the weather so his daughter could make the game because it was so important to him. Please, just one. Ill wait.
Cheap shot! Do you think I keep a Lakers scrapbook?

OK, you win the debate. Are you happy?

Innocent people still died in the helicopter
that Kobe rented in foggy conditions.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheap shot! Do you think I keep a Lakers scrapbook?

OK, you win the debate. Are you happy?

Innocent people still died in the helicopter
that Kobe rented in foggy conditions.

It's not about winning a debate, its about not sitting by while you disrespect the dead like you have. There is nothing out there that backs your claims, which is why you've received the response you have. You refuse to back off your stance that Kobe was to blame, even when claiming to concede the debate and thats reprehensible.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It's not about winning a debate, its about not sitting by while you disrespect the dead like you have. There is nothing out there that backs your claims, which is why you've received the response you have. You refuse to back off your stance that Kobe was to blame, even when claiming to concede the debate and thats reprehensible.
OK, who then was responsible for flying into extremely foggy conditions, which took their lives?

It's the guys in the cockpit. The celebrity who hired the copter and its pilot to get them to a
basketball game.

I'm disrespecting the dead? What an outrageous comment. My heart goes out to the innocent
people in the cabin who died, as I've posted. Try to not cross the line of decency when you post.

I'll leave it up to the many posters on ASFN to decide who has been showing compassion.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, who then was responsible for flying into extremely foggy conditions, which took their lives?

It's the guys in the cockpit. The celebrity who hired the copter and its pilot to get them to a
basketball game.

I'm disrespecting the dead? What an outrageous comment. My heart goes out to the innocent
people in the cabin who died, as I've posted. Try to not cross the line of decency when you post.

I'll leave it up to the many posters on ASFN to decide who has been showing compassion.

Yeah, the guy in the cockpit, the pilot is to blame, if anyone and not Kobe. He's innocent in this also and so is his wife and daughter but you've chosen to paint both Kobe and Vanessa in a very ugly light by claiming Kobe made the pilot ignore the fog and continue flying and then blaming Vanessa for protecting her family by suing the helicopter company.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

You should’ve just said “I got nothing”.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did you?

Someone who’s claiming Kobe Bryant got people killed and his wife is some money grubbing woman trying to profit off his death is talking about being civil? Do you have ANY self-awareness?

Also, you didn’t answer the question. Do you still think Vanessa is some money grubbing horror show or can you actually admit for the first time in your time on the board that you were wrong?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

basketball game.

hero worship? Most people here HATED Kobe. But apparently not the disgusting extent you did where you are blaming him, without any evidence of killing nine people. The above is so tone deaf/lacking in self-awareness scolding others for their lack of decency that I am starting to think you’re just trolling and bored in your old age.

whatever is the actual reason, it’s pathetic.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfair:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The one against the lakers was better because it was against the Unibrow but that was a very long shot blocker in his own right in Jaeden McDaniels. Curry wasn't really that good last night 6-17 from the floor 4-11 from 3 but he missed his first 8 shots so he was 6-9 after that. The first one he made was a blatant walk to they just didn't call it but it was right before halftime. 2nd half he got it going.

Oubre was terrific and Wiseman was outstanding 3 for 3 from three point land 25 points much of that in the actual game not the garbage time. he still fumbles too many passes, had a couple of lobs last night he failed to flush but man is he better than I expected

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Someone who’s claiming Kobe Bryant got people killed and his wife is some money grubbing woman trying to profit off his death is talking about being civil? Do you have ANY self-awareness?

You didn’t answer the question. Do you still think Vanessa is some money grubbing horror show or can you actually admit for the first time in your time on the board that you were wrong?

I was not privy to the idea that the lawsuits were recommended by Vanessa's attorneys, as Steve pointed out.

Cheese, rather than your dramatics, would you please use some common sense. Why would they advise that?

As a defense mechanism! For the reason I've posted. To preclude Kobe being held responsible (in the cockpit) for
the helicopter continuing into heavy fog to attend a basketball game, rather than safely turning around. He was the one
with motivation to do so. The pilot and his employer would get paid no matter what.

You haven't explained why you rule that out. I've said all I could say about it. If this is about you getting the last
word, go for it! Hopefully with details rather than innuendos. What is your basis for saying that Kobe could not
have been responsible for continuing into the heavy fog, which risked and took the lives of innocent people?

That is the humanitarian question. This is about careless loss of lives.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
hero worship? Most people here HATED Kobe. But apparently not the disgusting extent you did where you are blaming him, without any evidence of killing nine people. The above is so tone deaf/lacking in self-awareness scolding others for their lack of decency that I am starting to think you’re just trolling and bored in your old age.

whatever is the actual reason, it’s pathetic.
So this is about age discrimination? Sad!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this is about age discrimination? Sad!

lol... only a mind so warped (regardless of age) that it continually posts disgusting stuff and then accuses others of having a lack of decency could believe this is about... age discrimination.

it’s about you being the kind of person who spits on someone’s grave and then spits on that persons grieving widow.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
lol... only a mind so warped (regardless of age) that it continually posts disgusting stuff and then accuses others of having a lack of decency could believe this is about... age discrimination.

it’s about you being the kind of person who spits on someone’s grave and then spits on that persons grieving widow.

Yeah Kobe was a tremendous douche, and I severely disliked him, but BC is basically running on unproveable claims.

No one knows WHO decided to push through the fog. Maybe it was Kobe, maybe it was the pilot. The ultimate responsibility for the aircraft if with the pilot, so even if Kobe demanded to push through, the pilot still makes the call.

Not going to lie, I cringe every time people here in LA glorify Kobe, but to assassinate the character of his family over unproveable claims is disgusting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah Kobe was a tremendous douche, and I severely disliked him, but BC is basically running on unproveable claims.

No one knows WHO decided to push through the fog. Maybe it was Kobe, maybe it was the pilot. The ultimate responsibility for the aircraft if with the pilot, so even if Kobe demanded to push through, the pilot still makes the call.

Not going to lie, I cringe every time people here in LA glorify Kobe, but to assassinate the character of his family over unproveable claims is disgusting.

with you 100%. The hero worship in LA is really ridiculous. But so is BC’s garbage in his death.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

All of this.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
with you 100%. The hero worship in LA is really ridiculous. But so is BC’s garbage in his death.

It would be same in Phoenix if a guy spent almost 20 years with the Suns was considered an all time great and brought us 5 championships.

I totally get why he’s loved so much. He’s 100% home grown they seen him grow since he was like 17

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be same in Phoenix if a guy spent almost 20 years with the Suns was considered an all time great and brought us 5 championships.

I totally get why he’s loved so much. He’s 100% home grown they seen him grow since he was like 17

I even get choked up even seeing Leandro Barbosa coach for the Warriors. The Suns practically raised him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose