2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel for the families of the innocent victims who lost their lives in the crash.

I see that Kobe's widow is initiating a mega-suit against the helicopter company.

We'll never know if Kobe told the pilot to turn around and he blew it off. Or if the
pilot did not consider doing so, but should have known better.

Or, on the other hand, if Kobe, as driven and invincible as he was, told the pilot to
continue, reminding him that that he was paying the bill and he called the shots.

Either scenario was possible. Again, no one will ever know. Any lawsuits should be
thrown out of court without proof.

I know we have attorneys posting to this site. What are the legalities?

However, from photos I saw of that helicopter design, the passenger seats were two
rows of long benches without seat belts in the cabin. For that they should be fined
heavily. Of course, it would have no bearing in this case of crashing into a mountain
in a thick fog and exploding.

Bottom line? It's a damn shame that people lost their lives because Kobe did not
want his daughter to miss a basketball game despite the heavy fog as reported.

I have visited a fraternity brother and his wife in nearby Westlake Village. And I
detoured many times onto the 134/101 at San Bernardino through Thousand Oaks
to avoid the traffic on the I-10 via L.A. IIRC, it is right near the Mount Baldy area.
A lot of mountains.

I can picture the low visibility as they approached the area. Driving the 134/101
on the ground was bad enough for me.

Quit blaming Kobe! Can't you let him and his daughter, as well as the other victims rest in peace rather than continuing your quest to blame Kobe for the accident?

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I feel for the families of the innocent victims who lost their lives in the crash.

I see that Kobe's widow is initiating a mega-suit against the helicopter company.

We'll never know if Kobe told the pilot to turn around and he blew it off. Or if the

Or, on the other hand, if Kobe, as driven and invincible as he was, told the pilot to
continue, reminding him that that he was paying the bill and he called the shots.

Either scenario was possible. Again, no one will ever know. Any lawsuits should be

However, from photos I saw of that helicopter design, the passenger seats were two
rows of long benches without seat belts in the cabin. For that they should be fined
heavily. Of course, it would have no bearing in this case of crashing into a mountain

Bottom line? It's a damn shame that people lost their lives because Kobe did not

I have visited a fraternity brother and his wife in nearby Westlake Village. And I
to avoid the traffic on the I-10 via L.A. IIRC, it is right near the Mount Baldy area.
A lot of mountains.

I can picture the low visibility as they approached the area. Driving the 134/101

You must be registered for see images attach

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

A lot of mountains.

straight clown show bro

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made almost this exact suggestion twice here and on a UCLA board in the last few weeks. rumor is the Pelicans are open to trading Lonzo Ball and the Warriors are one of the teams who have shown interest involving Oubre. Apparently the Pels want to trade Redick too, not clear if he would be in the same deal or not. Would make some sense the Warriors need shooting but I hate Redick.

Lonzo gives them some of what iggy did, or Livingston, but obviously not as good as Iggy.

I still want Joe Harris from the Nets

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A lot of mountains.

Jesus. I hated Kobe Bryant both as a player and person, but the above is just sick in the head. What is wrong with you BC, trying to make some imaginary argument that Kobe basically killed all those people.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Jesus. I hated Kobe Bryant both as a player and person, but the above is just sick in the head. What is wrong with you BC, trying to make some imaginary argument that Kobe basically killed all those people.
There were similar articles at the time.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were similar articles at the time.

There were questions, when it happened but that was a year ago. The questions weren't framed how you did either. Everything you asked was assuming Kobe was at fault, somehow. You aren't a reporter or an analyst and its clear you have a preconceived bias. Your posts and comments helped get the thread locked last year and bringing it back up on the anniversary of his passing is wrong. Quit trying to justify your bad posts and move on.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

A lot of mountains.

If you want people to take you seriously, you have to stop being this tone deaf. Blaming Kobe Bryant for the crash is both disgusting and irresponsible. It was a damn tragedy and many innocent people lost their lives. That’s all that matters.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man was I just wrong about Washington. Jebus, they are AWFUL.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man was I just wrong about Washington. Jebus, they are AWFUL.

Wizards have about six players out to health and safety protocols but they did have Beal, Westbrook and Lopez last night when they lost to Rockets.

The Suns loss to the Wizards on January 11th does not make me feel better.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isaiah Thomas to play for team USA in AmericaCup qualifying tournament.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
My post was in response to his widow now pursuing multiple lawsuits, when it was
reported that Kobe was obsessed with his daughter not missing a basketball game
despite obvious unsafe flying conditions.

That is neither irrational nor emotional thinking. Someone was responsible for bad
judgement, which led to the deaths of innocent people. We need to speak for them.

I'm sorry if I ruffled feathers with logic in retrospect and in memory of the innocent
victims of the episode. And now a widow trying to make money from it. I mourn her
losses, but not her multiple lawsuits we are reading about.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My post was in response to his widow now pursuing multiple lawsuits, when it was
reported that Kobe was obsessed with his daughter not missing a basketball game
despite obvious unsafe flying conditions.

That is neither irrational nor emotional thinking. Someone was responsible for bad
judgement, which led to the deaths of innocent people. We need to speak for them.

I'm sorry if I ruffled feathers with logic in retrospect and in memory of the innocent
victims of the episode. And now a widow trying to make money from it. I mourn her
losses, but not her multiple lawsuits we are reading about.

You aren't speaking for anyone but yourself. Quit thinking you are some crusader for the innocent victims in this because you continually blame some of them for the incident. You're doing it again claiming Kobe was obsessed with his daughter making her game and ignoring the weather.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jamal Murray fined $25K for foul to the groin area on Tim Hardaway Jr. that was ruled a Flagrant Foul 2.

It should have been much more! JMHO

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jamal Murray fined $25K for foul to the groin area on Tim Hardaway Jr. that was ruled a Flagrant Foul 2.

It should have been much more! JMHO

He should have been suspended. He threw a punch, essentially, and if it was aimed at someone's torso or head then it would have been an automatic suspension. Why does aiming below the belt garner a lesser penalty?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is good news. Only one new NBA player testing positive for coronavirus since January 20th.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
So your beef is with Vanessa?
It is with Kobe, who had the chance to instruct the pilot to turn the helicopter around
and miss the girls' basketball game. But they continued into the dense fog.

And, a year later, yes, it is with Vanessa trying to get rich via haphazard lawsuits.

Innocent people lost their lives. Nothing can bring them back. But this is now
being turned into a Kardashian-like publicity stunt. That is shameful!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is with Kobe, who had the chance to instruct the pilot to turn the helicopter around

And, a year later, yes, it is with Vanessa trying to get rich via haphazard lawsuits.

no, BC, the BOLDED is shameful. WTF is wrong with you?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We have no idea what Kobe knew or didn't know, what Kobe said or didn't say. I think it's unreasonable to condemn him without knowing more of the facts, far more of the facts. Also, it was reported almost a year ago that Vanessa was being advised by her lawyers to file lawsuits to protect herself against damages from suits aimed at Kobe's estate. It's not a publicity stunt, it's a legal maneuver to protect her financial situation.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
We have no idea what Kobe knew or didn't know, what Kobe said or didn't say. I think it's unreasonable to condemn him without knowing more of the facts, far more of the facts. Also, it was reported almost a year ago that Vanessa was being advised by her lawyers to file lawsuits to protect herself against damages from suits aimed at Kobe's estate. It's not a publicity stunt, it's a legal maneuver to protect her financial situation.
Thank you, Steve, for a response which addresses the situation.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose