The Market 2021

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
why are they blaming this on reddit, by the way? they have their villain, but elon musk was tweeting about this too. it's gotten so big it's evolved way past reddit at this point

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why are they blaming this on reddit, by the way? they have their villain, but elon musk was tweeting about this too. it's gotten so big it's evolved way past reddit at this point
reddit is where it originated. They are demonizing them instead of the mega investors the reddit group just screwed.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I might be giving all my money to Chamath after watching that.. lol. I've seen alot of cnbc over the years and this was a pure anomaly which brought a huge smile to my face.

Scott had no answer. Just kept saying the price doesn't match the fundamentals as if all stocks track their fundamentals. This is a short term tactical trade same as what Icahn and others did to Ackman with Herbalife.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, that makes sense. The comments I was seeing made it sound like it was a halt within the brokerage.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Absolutely love that guy. Over and over I'm happy they're making money "no you're not."

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when we lose, its okay - when they lose, they want to turn the game off

Yeah that pissed me off what is the fundamentals behind this move by GME. Well what what the fundamentals that allowed them to short 140% of a company?

I totally agree with that guy if people are smart enough to see an arbitrage opportunity and jump in on it, more power to them.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Remember the fundamentals when they were bundling subprime mortgages and rating them AAA and selling them back to investors.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Absolutely love that guy. Over and over I'm happy they're making money "no you're not."

It was great when he said that. It sucks though, the video got pulled. I need to see if I can find the 2nd half of the interview. I haven't seen it yet.

Wapner sounded like such a tool in that interview. I loved too when he said that they should be valued based on their earnings and Chamath hit back with Tesla. I was thinking the same thing when it said it. Tesla, Amazon, etc. were never held to what their earnings were by the hedge funds. Now that they got squeezed they want those fundamentals in place. It's a joke and going to fuel the "us against the man" narrative.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Scott had no answer. Just kept saying the price doesn't match the fundamentals as if all stocks track their fundamentals. This is a short term tactical trade same as what Icahn and others did to Ackman with Herbalife.
Funny how he has the nerve to say he was dodging questions...when that's all Scott was doing the entire time. Haha. He was and is pure establishment and you could tell with the way he was talking and Chamath called him on it. Beautiful.

His ability of question dodging was about as solid as Powell today not following up his questions about monetary policy inflating asset prices.. lol.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Updated with a video that hasn't been pulled yet. Hopefully it lasts. it also has the 7 minutes of it from after the commercial break that the first one didn't have.
Pulled? What are you...some kind of conspiracy theorist? ;)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Many more people lose money trading options. They can be used as hedges, but also used to take on insane amounts of risk. You can make money on the premiums by writing calls and puts, but if the options are exercised, you are obligated to buy or sell the underlying security at the contract price. There is always somebody on the opposite side of the option contract betting against you and only one investor can be right.
So I am looking to try and make my own money so I can work from home indefinitely. What would you suggest besides Options to generate monthly cash flow? I don't have a million dollars to generate enough interest on an investment to generate cash flow that is meaningful. I am willing to learn.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I am looking to try and make my own money so I can work from home indefinitely. What would you suggest besides Options to generate monthly cash flow? I don't have a million dollars to generate enough interest on an investment to generate cash flow that is meaningful. I am willing to learn.

There's no secret sauce. Slow and steady wins the race unless you want to try your luck YOLOing with the WSB boys. In order to generate significant cash flow you need a significant asset. Building wealth takes time. Try to max out your 401K every year in a diversified equity strategy. The 401K is the most powerful wealth building tool of the working class.

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree with folster. But, if you are interested in learning the business of technicals/options as a trader, it will take time. Do your research and find some good sources and guys to follow that can teach you some sound philosophy behind your trading regime. Risk management is your most important part of any good strategy. You can pm me if you are interested in some of my highly regarded sources.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agree with folster. But, if you are interested in learning the business of technicals/options as a trader, it will take time. Do your research and find some good sources and guys to follow that can teach you some sound philosophy behind your trading regime. Risk management is your most important part of any good strategy. You can pm me if you are interested in some of my highly regarded sources.
i'm not gonna act like my +32% portfolio isn't pure luck, and buying when key companies were at an all time low during covid, but I really want to keep thing going when things bounce back. would anyone recommend and good books on the subject of playing the market? I welcome unconventional.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i'm not gonna act like my +32% portfolio isn't pure luck, and buying when key companies were at an all time low during covid, but I really want to keep thing going when things bounce back. would anyone recommend and good books on the subject of playing the market? I welcome unconventional.
Tons out there..but, I've been with stockcharts for years now and John Murphy has been a contributor for a long time. His insight into intermarket analysis is a great first step imo. He has a few books out there that can be bought off Amazon. Stockcharts also has a huge database that can be of extreme value to anyone looking for the technical side of the market.

Ps. Buying while everyone is extremely fearful like you did is also an extremely good strategy. So you're on the right path. Warren buffett would agree. ;)

https://school.stockcharts.com/doku.php

These are some basics into technical analysis, if you're interested. Good luck.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tons out there..but, I've been with stockcharts for years now and John Murphy has been a contributor for a long time. His insight into intermarket analysis is a great first step imo. He has a few books out there that can be bought off Amazon. Stockcharts also has a huge database that can be of extreme value to anyone looking for the technical side of the market.

Ps. Buying while everyone is extremely fearful like you did is also an extremely good strategy. So you're on the right path. Warren buffett would agree. ;)

very interested, thank you. looks like a great starting point i'll look into these resources

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

i've got some pretty wild stories already, most of them revolve around "omg why did I sell when I did"

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i've got some pretty wild stories already, most of them revolve around "omg why did I sell when I did"
I bet.. But, if and when you develop a long term investing/trading strategy those wild stories will turn into having an exact reason of why you sold and won't look back. :).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose