Seahawks new OC

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
.... is a McVay disciple straight from the Rams. Now if we couldn't stop Goff and Wolford in that offense, imagine Russell Wilson performing bootlegs against us. He can go deep as well unlike the Rams QBs. He will throw for 400 and rush for another 100 against us. Vance Joseph has absolutely proven that he isn't capable of stopping the outside zone/bootleg game.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
.... is a McVay disciple straight from the Rams. Now if we couldn't stop Goff and Wolford in that offense, imagine Russell Wilson performing bootlegs against us. He can go deep as well unlike the Rams QBs. He will throw for 400 and rush for another 100 against us. Vance Joseph has absolutely proven that he isn't capable of stopping the outside zone/bootleg game.

True, but also the Rams play that awful short passing game with nothing deep.

I don't expect he will play that way though with the players he has at the Hawks. I think it's a good hire for the chicks.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Another one of those "doesn't call the plays guys". It will depend on how well he transitions into that responsibility. But, I imagine he will end up being a good hire.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If they don't fix their OL, I don't care who the OC is. I'm sure that Carroll has seen enough of Wilson ending up on his back & will make the necessary changes to improve the line. Their RB's can't stay healthy, so additions will be made there too. This offense actually looked worse than ours down the stretch.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the Seahawks have been running boots and waggles for the entirety of Russel Wilson's tenure

Darrel Bevel lit the Cards up like no other OC -- i was glad to see him go

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this. Mods please move if appropriate

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
the Seahawks have been running boots and waggles for the entirety of Russel Wilson's tenure

Not really, especially the last few years - it's been incredibly frustrating how little they've tried to move the pocket

Agree with the above in that the lack of play calling and Pete potentially influencing could hamper

Glad they are looking at something new and it seems like they are listening to their players a bit

If they can bring a couple new run designs, move the pocket, get the TEs involved and open up pace and short options it would be a needed miracle

Crazy that last year was their best scoring year, yet they spent the last 6 weeks getting absolutely smothered by a basic 2 high safety look...........