Kiper New Mock Draft

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Another question that is valid. In a division with Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, DK Metcalf, Tyler Lockett, Brandon Aiyuk, and Deebo Samuel...how good do we really need to be at CB?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I mean, I should take Lattimore since he’s actually proven, but.....

I just believe in Farley so much that......

Farley!

Lattimore is probably going to cost $18mm - $20mm per on a long term deal. Maybe you can make that look as low as $10 in the first year

Farley costs you $3.5mm per for the next 4 years

Keim know if the team doesnt win, the cap in 2022 will be somebody else's problem -- so Lattimore

but its not just Farley vs Lattimore, but Farley + 1 $10mm/year FA + 1 $3mm/year FA vs Lattimore

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paywall ESPN +
Forgot that I have that.

3 WRs in top 6 seems insane.

"
30. Buffalo Bills
Najee Harris, RB, Alabama "

only RB in 1st round seems about right,

If any team needs a RB it's the Bills. Josh Allen was their best running option this year and that ain't good.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Lattimore is probably going to cost $18mm - $20mm per on a long term deal. Maybe you can make that look as low as $10 in the first year

Farley costs you $3.5mm per for the next 4 years

Keim know if the team doesnt win, the cap in 2022 will be somebody else's problem -- so Lattimore

but its not just Farley vs Lattimore, but Farley + 1 $10mm/year FA + 1 $3mm/year FA vs Lattimore
Farley vs Lattimore has to factor in the money. Same reason it factors in the production. Similar to Kyler vs Watson. Weighing the cost is a given.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Farley vs Lattimore has to factor in the money. Same reason it factors in the production. Similar to Kyler vs Watson. Weighing the cost is a given.

its a tough one

you love it when Keim trades for a proven star player. But its also one of the reasons why they are alwasy up against the cap.

so you add Lattimore, and solves a big hole at CB. But likely means no upgrade at IOL unless a draft pick comes through.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Another question that is valid. In a division with Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, DK Metcalf, Tyler Lockett, Brandon Aiyuk, and Deebo Samuel...how good do we really need to be at CB?
Wait, not sure if I'm reading this right. Are you saying our opponents' WRs are so good that we shouldn't even bother covering them?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is what I know.

This is going to be a heavy first round QB class. 4 of them will absolutely go in the top 15. If Mac Jones shows well at the Senior Bowl, potentiality 5. It is looking like 4 OL will go top 15. That is 8 or 9 picks taken by those two positions. IMO, WR is the most likely position to drop but not everyone thinks this CB class is special.

The questions are about the EDGE rush class. If teams don't love it, WRs will go higher because there are only so many CBs worth a top 15 spot. The "meh" DL class could have the same impact. WR may go high because of the lack of top end talent on defense.

There's a long way to go yet. There are guys went top 15 last year that were late 1st rounder before the senior bowl or combine. Lots going to change.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
There's a long way to go yet. There are guys went top 15 last year that were late 1st rounder before the senior bowl or combine. Lots going to change.
Without a combine things may not really change. Medicals, of course, but this will be a film draft. You either like it or you don't. A pro-day is not going to give you enough info to dramatically change your feelings on a player. When people talk about the film on the OL, they tend to like it. QBs aren't going to just pop up and fill the needs of teams and next years's QB class does not jump off the page. The need for OL and QBs in the draft is not going to dramatically shift.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Wait, not sure if I'm reading this right. Are you saying our opponents' WRs are so good that we shouldn't even bother covering them?
I would argue that outside of Metcalf, none of these guys are in the coversation of top 10 WRs.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I would argue that outside of Metcalf, none of these guys are in the coversation of top 10 WRs.
Wow, I think all of those WRs are pretty high tier talent or trending up. Deebo obviously was hurt, and Aiyuk was flat out dynamic to close the season, but didn't get on the field until later. Otherwise, the rest of the list all appeared in the top 30.

You don't need to have one target monster on the team to have really good WRs.

Edit:
I know fantasy football isn't real football, but it's a pretty valid look at production - and Metcalf/Lockett/Woods are all top 15 scorers, with Aiyuk in the top 20 in PPG, important given how many fewer games he played than those three.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose