Brandin Cooks - WR
Benardrick McKinney - LB

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
There are some others like Preston smith who likely just get cut. Jared Cook. Etc.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Are we even really in a position to be making trades this year? We have 5 picks and aren't exactly in stellar cap space ourselves, with a lot of roster spots to fill.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Vikings need to shed $ as well:

Kyle Rudolph, TE

very curious if they would listen to offers for Adam Thielen

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Marshon Lattimore, please. You'll have to extend him right away, but you can give him whatever money we were planning to give Peterson. I'd be happy to hand over our first-round pick to not have to be uncertain about what we're getting.
Saints are so cap strapped I'm wondering if we can low ball them and keep our 1st rounder.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think we are anywhere near close enough to give away primo picks for guys like Lattimore.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Marshon Lattimore, please. You'll have to extend him right away, but you can give him whatever money we were planning to give Peterson. I'd be happy to hand over our first-round pick to not have to be uncertain about what we're getting.
We would be looking at an extension almost exactly like Ramsey's, 5 years 100 mil. Probably get this year's cap hit from 10 to 6 or 7.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Well, if we don't make the playoffs next year, you could argue that everyone is getting fired and we will be even further so that could make it very worth it.
Cool, so hamstring the team with a bad contract right before we need to pay Kyler, as we're paying Hopkins a ton of money.

Not that I'm saying Keim wouldn't do it, but it's not a winning strategy, IMO.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I would like us to look into Murray, Sanders, and Ertz. They wouldn't cost so much on a 1 or 2 year deal, would they?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

I think this is a Keimy situation right there.

I am going to dream away and say Fletcher Cox because he is one of my favorite players to watch.....well, was. He is still very good but 2 years ago he was dominant....and not by number, but you watch him just rag doll guys.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For all those drooling on Lattimore his PFF grade for 2020 was 54. That was worse than P2. Lattimore allowed a 117 passer rating on balls thrown his way.

His 2019 season was 68. The year before 73. He hasn't been great since his rookie year in '17 where he graded 86.

He's declined every year.

Now before the PFF haters chip in. I agree their system isn't perfect, but it is consistent. So they way they rank CB's across the league and over time is the same. If there is a drop off in their grades it's highly likely to mean a drop off in play.

Just to confirm this, here's a Canal Street Chronicles article on how bad Lattimore's season has been.

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.c...study-the-worst-in-a-bad-season-for-lattimore

Here's a recent Fanduel article thats taken down but still cached on Google

https://webcache.googleusercontent....n-2020-01emhdjx8fj2+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Here's an article from the 2019 season saying the same thing

https://saintlyreport.com/2019/09/17/the-curious-case-of-struggling-saints-cb-marshon-lattimore/

I'm not sure anyone should be wanting to trade for him. Never mind a 1st round pick and a fat contract.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
For all those drooling on Lattimore his PFF grade for 2020 was 54. That was worse than P2. Lattimore allowed a 117 passer rating on balls thrown his way.

His 2019 season was 68. The year before 73. He hasn't been great since his rookie year in '17 where he graded 86.

He's declined every year.

Now before the PFF haters chip in. I agree their system isn't perfect, but it is consistent. So they way they rank CB's across the league and over time is the same. If there is a drop off in their grades it's highly likely to mean a drop off in play.

Just to confirm this, here's a Canal Street Chronicles article on how bad Lattimore's season has been.

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.c...study-the-worst-in-a-bad-season-for-lattimore

Here's a recent Fanduel article thats taken down but still cached on Google

https://webcache.googleusercontent....n-2020-01emhdjx8fj2+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Here's an article from the 2019 season saying the same thing

https://saintlyreport.com/2019/09/17/the-curious-case-of-struggling-saints-cb-marshon-lattimore/

I'm not sure anyone should be wanting to trade for him. Never mind a 1st round pick and a fat contract.

LOL. He's a three-time Pro-Bowler, including this season. The Saints defense was 5th in scoring and passing yards. This doesn't happen by accident.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL. He's a three-time Pro-Bowler, including this season. The Saints defense was 5th in scoring and passing yards. This doesn't happen by accident.
Maybe he wasn't the reason their defense was good
Didn't watch any saints games, but allowing a 117 rating on balls throwed his way, isn't just a pff grade, it's pretty mediocre
About pro bowl status i would care less then zero

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe he wasn't the reason their defense was good
Didn't watch any saints games, but allowing a 117 rating on balls throwed his way, isn't just a pff grade, it's pretty mediocre
About pro bowl status i would care less then zero
That’s the problem.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Allowing 117 rating to qbs throwing his way
Is a deceiving stat?

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The Pro Bowl is a hype contest. Don't quote Pro Bowl's to me as soon kind of measure of talent.

It's literally "Which guy have I heard was good once?"

Mitch Trubisky made the Pro Bowl.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose