Weapons, weapons, weapons

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Look at the 2 SB teams. Sure they have great QB's but they also have a plethora of weapons on the outside that teams can't deal with. It's insane the quality of guys Brady and Mahomes have to throw the ball to. Hell, Scotty Miller had more impact on one play than Isabella had all year.

Even go to the college game. Bama had too many playmakers and speed on the outside for anybody to handle. OSU had a great WR corps too. That's why they were in the title game. Last year Burrow had an ungodly WR room.

That's where the game is these days. KK's offense needs playmakers on the outside. This whole off season should be focused on getting Murray some threats to make plays after the catch. Speed kills on the outside and also opens up the run game.

It looks to be a decent WR free agent class. Target guys with speed and RAC ability, my top 5 are Will Fuller, Curtis Samuel, Demarcus Robinson, JuJu, John Ross(sign 2 of them) and then do what it takes to draft JaMar Chase.

You hired KK and drafted Murray to have an explosive offense. Now go get one.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even protection Is important
Expecially the interior line, our collapse too often and Murray has big guys close to him, and with his height he struggle to see the field, certainly he has to improve to throw outside the pocket too
But to me the first thing to do, is getting a quality center and right guard, Pugh is decent so we can use him till his contract end up

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice to have CBs that aren’t liabilities either. Just look at Kevin King.
Yes terrible, doesn't have any clue
Slow to recognize a play, undisciplined
Looks like bethel with less effort
Was the x factor yesterday

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You point to exactly where our season changed. When he got hurt against Seattle it all went to hell. We need him to play out of this world to win we are to dependent on him. We don’t have a running game that can take over or WR that can make the game easy outside of Hopkins I thinks all our weapons could be upgraded.

I’m all in favor of drafting the best weapon on offense. Smith, Waddle or Pitts whoever is there at 16

the best RB on the board in round 2

I go out and sign the best guard I can I’m not depending on rookies to protect him not this year plus this should be the year Jones steps in.

mid season I see who’s out there and trade my number 1 next year

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Even protection Is important
Expecially the interior line, our collapse too often and Murray has big guys close to him, and with his height he struggle to see the field, certainly he has to improve to throw outside the pocket too
But to me the first thing to do, is getting a quality center and right guard, Pugh is decent so we can use him till his contract end up
You can find those in free agency though. Did I hear correctly, other than Fisher, all of KC's OL were undrafted guys?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't agree.

75% of Chiefs passes went to Kelce and Hill. Chiefs would have won with Kelce and Hill and a bunch of JAGs.

The Bucs completed 20 total passes (less than Kelce and Hill had alone). They won with deep shots and good defense. Godwin 5/110. Evans 3/51. Watching the Bucs is a lot like watching the 2015 Cardinals.

I'd like to see us add Curtis Samuel. But thats it. That with better scheme and better use of guys like Arnold would be enough weapons.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't agree.

75% of Chiefs passes went to Kelce and Hill. Chiefs would have won with Kelce and Hill and a bunch of JAGs.

The Bucs completed 20 total passes (less than Kelce and Hill had alone). They won with deep shots and good defense. Godwin 5/110. Evans 3/51. Watching the Bucs is a lot like watching the 2015 Cardinals.

I'd like to see us add Curtis Samuel. But thats it. That with better scheme and better use of guys like Arnold would be enough weapons.

you don’t agree that both these teams are stacked with weapons?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
ill sign up for "both" weapons and protection

specifically, better protection in the middle of the offensive line --

the one thing i noticed in the second half of the year was more pressure from up the middle -- and from guys you have never heard of. The line didnt handle stunts very well. It also seemed like Beachum started to hit a wall maybe

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Look at the 2 SB teams. Sure they have great QB's but they also have a plethora of weapons on the outside that teams can't deal with. It's insane the quality of guys Brady and Mahomes have to throw the ball to. Hell, Scotty Miller had more impact on one play than Isabella had all year.

Even go to the college game. Bama had too many playmakers and speed on the outside for anybody to handle. OSU had a great WR corps too. That's why they were in the title game. Last year Burrow had an ungodly WR room.

That's where the game is these days. KK's offense needs playmakers on the outside. This whole off season should be focused on getting Murray some threats to make plays after the catch. Speed kills on the outside and also opens up the run game.

It looks to be a decent WR free agent class. Target guys with speed and RAC ability, my top 5 are Will Fuller, Curtis Samuel, Demarcus Robinson, JuJu, John Ross(sign 2 of them) and then do what it takes to draft JaMar Chase.

Agree 100%. I've said for over a year now that they should be building up the offensive side of the ball until it's fixed. Here in York, PA, both BA & SK have long time friends that I occasionally have contact with. Unfortunately, Covid has slowed down this channel of communication. Keim is still seething that Simmons didn't play until the season was half over. Keim loved CeeDee Lamb, but understood he couldn't pass on Simmons. Our WR group (and interior OL) was the single biggest reason why this team didn't win 11 games this year. It's still unfathomable to think that Kirk didn't break a single tackle all season. Without RAC ability, this offense cannot be run. Exactly why it was pathetic by the end of the season. I definitely like the FA options you have listed. Cardinals need to put 100% focus on the offense. Something that should have been done the moment they drafted Murray.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

About these receivers u listed
We need one who can stay healthy too
So Curtis Samuel is my favorite
He is getting better season by season, and has the playmaking ability
If we get him then u can give a 1 year prove it deal to john Ross who should the cheaper of that list
Zach pascal is another I would sign

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice to have CBs that aren’t liabilities either. Just look at Kevin King.
Pererson ugh how would Peterson do as a saftey? Just his speed not a factor anymore

Hope cards draft a corner in early rounds

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we draft a corner in the early rounds, we are doing what we always do and that is tread water, expecting rookies to replace veterans.

The early parts of our draft should be focused on offense

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Build around the deep ball

Speed speed and more speed. Cardinals need to look like KC lite to be successful.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So your ok with going in to next year with the same WR crew and same RB and TE?

No, thats why I said I wanted to add Curtis Samuel.

But one WR and replacing Drake would be fine. You don't need Godwin, Evans, AB, Gronk and Scotty Miller to be successful.