The corona virus & The NBA. 20-21

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this on Twitter, no surprise Harden is traveling to Portland. Probably making that a preferred trade destination also.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found this interesting. Apparently the Heat will start allowing some fans into games this week, approximately 2000 which is 10% capacity, but they'll be screened by covid sniffing dogs before being let in.

I recommend reading the who!e piece on ESPN.com but below is an excerpt on using the dogs for covid detection.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30770833

The coronavirus-sniffing dog idea has been put into place at airports in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and Helsinki in recent months. At Heat games, fans arriving for the game will be brought to a screening area and the detection dogs will walk past. If the dog keeps going, the fan is cleared; if the dog sits, that's a sign it detects the virus and the fan will be denied entry.

A German study last year found that dogs there were right 94% of the time when it came to coronavirus detection.

"Researchers are finding that specially trained dogs can detect COVID on humans quickly and accurately," Jafarian said.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found this interesting. Apparently the Heat will start allowing some fans into games this week, approximately 2000 which is 10% capacity, but they'll be screened by covid sniffing dogs before being let in.

I recommend reading the who!e piece on ESPN.com but below is an excerpt on using the dogs for covid detection.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30770833

It makes one wonder why the COVID-sniffing dog idea has not been used more. The dogs could even scan players before a game. Reportedly they have been used elsewhere. The implications are far reaching when it comes to scanning crowds. I can't help but wonder if they have been used in NFL playoff games where there have been fans in attendance.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cant we just inject the players with bleach and put them under UV lights?

Also rub the ball with that bitter apple stuff that keeps dogs from chewing to stop the finger lickers.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They seem to have gotten control of things after implementing stricter guidelines. Haven't heard of all the cancellations that there were early on.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Someone needs to explain to Tim Bontemps that tweeting "Masks will be required when they are required" three times in a row is not exactly journalism.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA