OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/cardsw...e-arians-retired-for-his-wife-his-health/amp/

I mean that’s from BA himself. We built a win now veteran team to make a run and we made it to the NFC championship game.

he didn’t want to be part of a rebuild and was in bad health

You can believe whatever you want but that’s the truth.

He also said one of the most important reasons for stepping away was because he wanted to spend time with his adult son. Told the story about being shocked to discover his son turned 40. Yada yada yada. Guess a year was enough.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He doesn't take a break if he was working for a competent and professional owner and front office.

Right.

I remember how you were saying we would rue the day because he would go to the Super Bowl somewhere else. That you were totally supportive of his refusal to fire any assistant coaches. You were calling him out that what he was saying his about his health and family was all ********.

Sorry. I don't know how I forgot all that.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

LOL

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He also said one of the most important reasons for stepping away was because he wanted to spend time with his adult son. Told the story about being shocked to discover his son turned 40. Yada yada yada. Guess a year was enough.

Oh make no mistake those guys are like drug addicts they need that coaching lifestyle. You hear the stories about Gruden not even going home and sleeping at the office and apparently that’s common for a lot of them.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Stupid. Packs coach will and should get roasted for the decision to kick a fg. And what the hell os wrong with Rodgers? Why didn’t he take off running?
Postgame Rodgers said he eschewed running on 3rd because he was thinking he’d have a 4th down crack at a TD.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Postgame Rodgers said he eschewed running on 3rd because he was thinking he’d have a 4th down crack at a TD.

this makes no sense. I have a likely TD or at least have a chance to get a shorter 4th down but instead I will throw a terrible ball into double coverage that almost gets picked because I know I have 4th down?

yeah... no. Rodgers blew it and then his compounded his mistake.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lol Drafting a midget for a qb
Lol hiring a college head coach with a losing record
Lol letting Calais Campbell go and instead deciding to resign gresham
Lol hiring a defensive coordinator who sucks at scheming
Lol drafted isabella over metcalf
Lol drafted 3 receivers in a receiver heavy draft and not hitting on one
Lol not exercising reddicks option
Man is this damning of his talent evaluation.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Actually, it should never be said again because it's an idiotic conspiracy theory with no basis in fact, and this country has had far too much of that BS lately.

It's really, really tiresome.

...dbs
Sounds neat. Yet.

When Arians unretired and Wilks was fired why the heck did the Cardinals not even attempt to bring back the Arians? The whole gang was available including Bowles. OH, Arians wanted to go to a team with better talent with a chance to win? This is where we land on Bidwill preferring Keim, despite 7-8, 8-8 and 3-13 seasons, over Arians.

Even today in Bidwill's view, Keim is better than Arians. As John Madden said, keep the coach not the suit.

Alas, seasons change, presidents change yet these Cardinals, 5 years removed from Bruce, no way near their 2014, 2015 teams that Keim put together. No "fake news" kicker in this is, Keim's 2014/2015 teams won only one playoff game. 8 years into Keim's tenure that is the sole playoff win.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
this makes no sense. I have a likely TD or at least have a chance to get a shorter 4th down but instead I will throw a terrible ball into double coverage that almost gets picked because I know I have 4th down?

yeah... no. Rodgers blew it and then his compounded his mistake.
Agreed. Then again, hard to keep emotions in check after a rough loss.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ugh forgot about Licht. Looks like we let the wrong front office guy go.
Hey, also the owner and existing front office guy didn't even interview Frank Reich when they hired Kliff.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bucs got the worst winning % out of every single sports franchise counting all franchises from the Big 4 (NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL) & yet they could end up having TWO titles in their history.

Wild.