OT: Matt Stafford and Detroit parting ways

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Stafford doesn't fit the 49ers gameplan. He is more of a gunslinger whose strength is to push it downfield. He isn't a guy who is suited for the play action heavy bootleg game.
I agree.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Def see him in a indy uniform better chance of winning there than Washington

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NE has to be considered a good landing spot for him. Patricia is back with them so he'll have a lot to say about it.

Also, don't get why Detroit would come out publicly and say they are parting ways with him. Kind of destroys any trade value. They could wait until he gets released.
Right
But I guess a trade has been made already

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
IMO Stafford is overrated. When was the last time Detroit won anything? Indy would serve him right.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I tell you what though, all this makes me so happy we already have our franchise QB this year there are some QB hungry teams out there. Teams are going to overpay big time in FA and also early in the draft to move up. Could be our year to get an absolute Gem fall to us at 16

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Denver would be a good spot for him IMO. BUT, SF is probably the best team for him to go to. Hope it's Denver, Indy, anywhere but to the Rams or SF.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
in an alternate universe where the Lions surrounded Stafford with a good team

he would have been Josh Allen version 1

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I can see him in Indy or Denver. I don't think SF gives up on Garoppolo yet. I would not discount NE as a landing place. I think he's the type of QB Belichick would like and he would fit their offense. Makes sense for NE to get him over Fitz due to age difference.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt Stafford is going to the Hall of Fame

unless he has some kind of late career renaissance, which includes getting his team to the playoffs and winning games, I don't see it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is going to go to Denver. Makes too much sense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'll be shocked if they get a 1st for Stafford.
Don't be. Too many teams in QB purgatory. Denver, SF, Indy, NE, Washington, and Chicago are all outside the top 8 and all need a QB desperately.

They are going to bid against each other because the alternative options are just not as good. Maybe that changes if Rodgers and Watson actually come available, but right now, Stafford is the best hope for many teams.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't be. Too many teams in QB purgatory. Denver, SF, Indy, NE, Washington, and Chicago are all outside the top 8 and all need a QB desperately.

They are going to bid against each other because the alternative options are just not as good. Maybe that changes if Rodgers and Watson actually come available, but right now, Stafford is the best hope for many teams.

I guess it might be possible if they ask for a 2022 or 2023 first round pick.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I guess it might be possible if they ask for a 2022 or 2023 first round pick.
For the Football Team, the Colts, the Bears, and the 49ers...there is not a player they can take that will make as much of an impact as Matthew Stafford. Same goes for Denver and New England to be honest.

If you are Nagy (prove it year), Rivera (2nd year on 2nd team), Reich (playoffs with Rivers none without), Belichick (no playoffs without Brady), and Shanahan (constantly doing more with less) why are you not pushing for a guy who can be a top 12 QB?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr