Nuggets @ Suns Saturday game thread 1-23-2021

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is nonsense. He scored 10 points against Ayton and used 18 possessions to get those points. He did crush Frank, I will concede that. Your point is dumb. Ayton fouled out in an overtime we never should have been in if Monty actually wasn’t a ****** and fouled up 3.

how is my point dumb? First, Ayton gave up the 3 to force OT. And then Jokic fouled Ayton out of the game. Ayton’s inability to defend Jokic without fouling opened it up for Jokic to go nuts on us.

and seriously... can you ever have a discussion about basketball without calling people “garbage”, “trolls”, “dumb”?

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I fear we are done after this game. That's The type of thing that rips your soul.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Neither of these Denver losses were bad losses, but what losing them did was accentuate how bad the losses against Detroit and Washington (and Memphis to a lesser extent) were. We need to (and should) win 5 out of the next 6 games to get the season back on track.

Mostly agree. If we go 4-2 next 6 we are fine. Even 3-3 isn’t a disaster. League is really flat this year. And who knows when Booker will be ready.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m wondering if you think the Nuggets suck. We lost in OT last night and we lost in Double OT tonight without Booker. And Dario, who we needed desperately in both games. Wondering why you think we aren’t good.
Uh I think he clearly said why we aren’t good. 3-6 in last 9. You’re only as good as your record. And frankly, nuggets aren’t great this year. They’re two games above .500.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Am I missing something

this teams bench so so good earlier Galloway and Payne playing great and not Nader is getting all the minutes? Why

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
We won the first 3 quarters by 2, 1 and 1. Without Booker.

And, although we scratched and clawed though the first OT,
Ayton, once again, flaked out. His stats do not correlate to
success for the team. His empty stats!

This game produced what the Suns ceiling has been for over
a half century. A moral victory. A moral victory and that's it!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mostly agree. If we go 4-2 next 6 we are fine. Even 3-3 isn’t a disaster. League is really flat this year. And who knows when Booker will be ready.

you are what your record is and right now we are 3-7 in our last 10

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is nonsense. He scored 10 points against Ayton and used 18 possessions to get those points. He did crush Frank, I will concede that. Your point is dumb. Ayton fouled out in an overtime we never should have been in if Monty actually wasn’t a ****** and fouled up 3.
Always an excuse for Ayton. I guess we shouldn’t count overtime for some reason.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fear we are done after this game. That's The type of thing that rips your soul.

Suns don't play again until Wednesday against OKC at home so maybe they regroup and get Saric back.

Winning only 4 out of the last 10 games is the wrong direction.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something

this teams bench so so good earlier Galloway and Payne playing great and not Nader is getting all the minutes? Why

Nader missed 2 weeks because of concussion protocol. He was playing early in the year when we were winning.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
Come on, Nader has shown WAY more than Galloway, who has been AWFUL since his big game against Detroit.
Nader has played like 30 mins all year before tonight...not sure he has shown WAY more. Maybe he was the better choice for this game as he’s more of an SF, but he played horrible tonight. Him and Payne killed us.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He was worst on the team at -23. I'm really cranky, but I cut him, don't even let him take a shower.

That’s a little harsh for a guy who has played, what, 2 games? And he thrust into minutes and role he’s unsuited for.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Neither of these Denver losses were bad losses, but what losing them did was accentuate how bad the losses against Detroit and Washington (and Memphis to a lesser extent) were. We need to (and should) win 5 out of the next 6 games to get the season back on track.
On each games face you’re right. In the aggregate of the last 9 games it’s all bad.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
how is my point dumb? First, Ayton gave up the 3 to force OT. And then Jokic fouled Ayton out of the game. Ayton’s inability to defend Jokic without fouling opened it up for Jokic to go nuts on us.

and seriously... can you ever have a discussion about basketball without calling people “garbage”, “trolls”, “dumb”?

I’ll break it down:
1. It’s not Ayton’s fault that he didn’t foul Jamal. Monty should have advised the team to foul anyone who catches the ball not facing the rim. Jokic should have been fouled earlier. And it should have been A CLEAR DIRECTIVE from the coach to do so.

2. Ayton defended the shot really well. Murray is an elite shot maker. He drilled it. It happens. It should NEVER BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN in this context. Again, 0% Ayton’s fault (or anyone else on the team); 100% Monty’s fault.

3. You keep saying Ayton kept fouling Jokic and now you have the gall to claim “Ayton’s inability to defend Jokic without fouling” cost us the game! That is ridiculous. Jokic had about 30 touches where he Iso’d Ayton and either shot, turned it over, got fouled, or passed for a reset. Jokic is a MVP caliber player. Of those 30 actions he “won” about 7. That is an INSANE success rate for a defender against him. Doubt anyone does better this year.

If you say clown stuff you get treated accordingly. Ice up.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Uh I think he clearly said why we aren’t good. 3-6 in last 9. You’re only as good as your record. And frankly, nuggets aren’t great this year. They’re two games above .500.

Small sample size logic error. Both us and Denver are top-10 SRS. Keep it up!

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That’s a little harsh for a guy who has played, what, 2 games? And he thrust into minutes and role he’s unsuited for.
He showed nothing. 30 minutes of that guy? Maybe Monty deserves blame if he thinks Nader belongs on the floor that long.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Come on, you know this early in the season records mean little. Do you really think the Nuggets are mediocre?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
IN OVERTIME. Lol you keep acting like Jokic drawing 2 fouls on Ayton including a random one for #6 is somehow an indictment of Ayton. It’s as if you think as a child might.
You’re right. Ayton has no control over fouling a player he’s defending. I forgot about that rule of nature. Craziness.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nader has played like 30 mins all year before tonight...not sure he has shown WAY more. Maybe he was the better choice for this game as he’s more of an SF, but he played horrible tonight. Him and Payne killed us.

I'd rather see more of Smith than Nader. Suns need that third point guard.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He showed nothing. 30 minutes of that guy? Maybe Monty deserves blame if he thinks Nader belongs on the floor that long.

In two games Nader has shown more than Galloway has in all but one game this season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't see it that way. To me, last night's loss was far more discouraging. Despite this loss, I'm encouraged by the way this team fought against Denver tonight. We aren't where we need to be but even still, we're in most every game.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nader and zero defensive depth behind DA killed us. Go out and find a big that can play d.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don’t look at it like that. To me the suns level of play noticeably improved in the two Denver games.

Correct. We beat Detroit and Wash and Mem if we play with the same caliber we did yesterday and today. It’s a process. 15 games in. We need another 15 to really be able to say anything definitively (barring like an 8-game W/L streak or something).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA