Nuggets @ Suns Saturday game thread 1-23-2021

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jokic destroyed us. 26/21/6.

and he was able to do that by fouling Ayton out of the game. As well as Ayton played in some one on one situations, that brutal stationery is on him. If Jokic goes nuts because you can’t stay in the game, you get the blame.

Game isn’t all on Ayton though. This team is iffy enough with Booker playing. Without him on a back to back, unless someone went totally nuts we were in trouble.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

and he was able to do that by fouling Ayton out of the game. As well as Ayton played in some one on one situations, that brutal stationery is on him. If Jokic goes nuts because you can’t stay in the game, you get the blame.

Game isn’t all on Ayton though. This team is iffy enough with Booker playing. Without him on a back to back, unless someone went totally nuts we were in trouble.

look we lost both of these games but we went to OT in both.
It’s not like we suck.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m starting to question Monty a little. There is literally no offensive flow, no matter who is on the court.

We are so dependent on the 3 ball and we aren’t a good enough shooting team to play that way.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How many steps is Murray allowed to take, 7?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

lol we were up 3 with 12 seconds
AND
had 3fts down 2 with 10 seconds in OT

We had two really good chances to win, and Monty blew it and Nader couldn’t hit em. The latter is whatever but the former needs to be fixed fast.

You not putting it all on Ayton is really charitable seeing as how he shut down Jokic all night.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
look we lost both of these games but we went to OT in both.
It’s not like we suck.

we’ve lost 6 of 9, some of those to the worst teams in the league.

I’m not saying we suck. I’m saying I don’t think we’re good at this point.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Can’t remember last time we got crushed on the glass this badly. Outrebounded 65-48.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m starting to question Monty a little. There is literally no offensive flow, no matter who is on the court.

We are so dependent on the 3 ball and we aren’t a good enough shooting team to play that way.

I don’t think it’s on Monty. You tell me who on the team is a good at slashing?

the answer is nobody. We don’t have a choice but to hoist a ton of threes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AND

You not putting it all on Ayton is really charitable seeing as how he shut down Jokic all night.

26/21/7. you can’t shut someone down from the bench.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why didn't Galloway get Nader's minutes? What has Nader shown? His crap okay might have been the difference.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
we’ve lost 6 of 9, some of those to the worst teams in the league.

I’m not saying we suck. I’m saying I don’t think we’re good at this point.
I’m wondering if you think the Nuggets suck. We lost in OT last night and we lost in Double OT tonight without Booker. And Dario, who we needed desperately in both games. Wondering why you think we aren’t good.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A stack of ice cream cones could defend Jokic better than Frank
To be fair we don’t have anyone on this team other than Ayton that can guard any halfway decent center. Even if saric and jones were healthy they’d get used by jokic.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why didn't Galloway get Nader's minutes? What has Nader shown? His crap okay might have been the difference.

I thought he has played pretty well actually. He just choked on the free throws.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Too much one on one dribbling from Paul for me. We just don’t seem to push the pace, perhaps because Paul can’t or won’t. We can’t execute in a half court offense and settle for too many threes.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Come on, Nader has shown WAY more than Galloway, who has been AWFUL since his big game against Detroit.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final 2 OT:

Nuggets 120 - Suns 112

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
26/21/7. you can’t shut someone down from the bench.

This is nonsense. He scored 10 points against Ayton and used 18 possessions to get those points. He did crush Frank, I will concede that. Your point is dumb. Ayton fouled out in an overtime we never should have been in if Monty actually wasn’t a ****** and fouled up 3.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s on Monty. You tell me who on the team is a good at slashing?

the answer is nobody. We don’t have a choice but to hoist a ton of threes.

Disagree. We have a guy in the middle who can draw double teams and get fouls but Monty either hasn’t figured out how to unlock that in Ayton to be that player or he hasn’t tried. Either way, if you’re not getting the best out of your players or developing any kind of second way to play on offense, that’s a coaching problem.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I thought he has played pretty well actually. He just choked on the free throws.
He was worst on the team at -23. I'm really cranky, but I cut him, don't even let him take a shower.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Neither of these Denver losses were bad losses, but what losing them did was accentuate how bad the losses against Detroit and Washington (and Memphis to a lesser extent) were. We need to (and should) win 5 out of the next 6 games to get the season back on track.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
AND

We had two really good chances to win, and Monty blew it and Nader couldn’t hit em. The latter is whatever but the former needs to be fixed fast.

Until jokic fouled him out so jokic could close out the game.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
To be fair we don’t have anyone on this team other than Ayton that can guard any halfway decent center. Even if saric and jones were healthy they’d get used by jokic.

Saric is at least OKAY against Jokic. And he isn’t a total waste on offense like Frank.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Until jokic fouled him out so jokic could close out the game.

IN OVERTIME. Lol you keep acting like Jokic drawing 2 fouls on Ayton including a random one for #6 is somehow an indictment of Ayton. It’s as if you think as a child might.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave