Ted Lasso

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This started out as a sketch years ago and they just made it into a series on Apple TV

me and my wife have been watching it and it’s just a really good show with a lot of heart.

check it out if you get a chance

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I just binged this the last few days and it was great. I kept thinking while watching it that it's the soccer version of Major League. It's a bit more of a drama and less comedy though.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I just binged this the last few days and it was great. I kept thinking while watching it that it's the soccer version of Major League. It's a bit more of a drama and less comedy though.
I don’t know that I’d say more drama than comedy. But certainly more drama than expected. I think it found a good balance between the two to find a lighthearted feel-good enjoyable little of entertainment. Not much of that exists these days that I consider watchable with no more Good Place (and mind you as much as I like this it in no way approaches Good Place).

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I don’t know that I’d say more drama than comedy. But certainly more drama than expected. I think it found a good balance between the two to find a lighthearted feel-good enjoyable little of entertainment. Not much of that exists these days that I consider watchable with no more Good Place (and mind you as much as I like this it in no way approaches Good Place).

Sorry, I meant that in the context of the comparison to Major League that I made. It was more drama and less comedy ML to me. Like you said, it had a good balance and was lighthearted fun. It was nice change of pace to not have a nihilistic show. It was a good first season and hopefully it gets even better with seasons 2 and 3.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wife and I absolutely loved this show. Shockingly so. We were trying to find something to binge and we really were not interested in this show but decided to give it a shot. The show just got better as the season went along.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I haven’t watched anything on Apple TV before. Do you need a subscription for it or can you get access if you have an apple device?

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I haven’t watched anything on Apple TV before. Do you need a subscription for it or can you get access if you have an apple device?

It's a subscription service. They had been giving away a free year of it with hardware purchases but I believe that ended in the fall. It has a bunch of good shows though. This and Mythic Quest have been my two favorites so far.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just binged this the past 3 days. I really, really loved it. I haven't been this into a show in years, maybe decades.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Welp, just binged the entire first season in 5 hours.

Loved it. Favorite new show if 2020, I’ll put it up there with What We Do In the Shadows as the best half hour shows of last year.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can anyone not absolutely love this?

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Heads up that season 2 started this weekend.

I never realized that we have so many Dutch posters around here, especially the regulars in P&R. ;)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wife and I are so happy this is back. It's one of our favorite shows on TV.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New season's out, 3 episodes in. So great. Didn't miss a beat and it sucks I have a wait a week every week. Also sucks it's not out on dvd so I can send to people.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for piquing my interest enough to give this show a try. Absolutely wonderful show! They have successfully teetered on the good side of silly while managing to stay funny and meaningful. Every single actor does an outstanding job with Sudeikis leading the pack. Wowzers.... just wowzers!!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious what everyone’s thoughts are on the Christmas episode.

i thought it was one of the best of the series. The bad breath runner was hilarious and sweet. This show is so damn sugary sweet and so damn good at it! It’s really insane writing/casting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose