OT-Senior Bowl, practices, Shrine Bowl. And some other draft talk leading up to the combine

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Matt Miller
⁦‪@nfldraftscout‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

Working on Senior Bowl prospects this week but snuck in some underclassmen tape too.

Here are my CB ranks

1 Patrick Surtain II
2 Caleb Farley
3 Jaycee Horn
4 Tyson Campbell
5 Elijah Molden
6 Eric Stokes
7 Greg Newsome II
8 Kary Vincent, Jr
9 Asante Samuel
10 Allie Green

1/21/21, 8:20 AM

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My DVR is already set to record all of the practices. So excited for Senior Bowl week. Great group of talent which will create some nice matchups to watch.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ben Fennell

@BenFennell_NFL

·
2h

Sage Surratt joining his former Wake QB Jamie Newman down in Mobile! Sage one of most athletic WRs in CFB - former North Carolina Player of Year in BOTH football & basketball... Effortless Hands, Deceptive Speed/Acceleration, Tracking Ability. Reminds me of Jordy Nelson!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huge Red Flag is the disparity between Combine and Pro Day numbers. (Combine numbers were generally more reliable).

Under the new structure, they're scrapping the more reliable Combine in favor of the less reliable Pro Days.

Each of us will have to accept various forms of rating content with the proverbial grain of salt.

And we can expect more sleeper picks - with some scouting depts shrewder than others.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Pete Werner is trash as was pretty much the whole OSU LB crew.

Werner is THE WORST LB I have seen play at OSU that received the amount of playing time he did. He's good if you like your LB's out of position and take bad angles. I'll have to say, he must do something right in practice because he started 3 years. I don't see how, but he did.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Huge Red Flag is the disparity between Combine and Pro Day numbers. (Combine numbers were generally more reliable).

Under the new structure, they're scrapping the more reliable Combine in favor of the less reliable Pro Days.

Each of us will have to accept various forms of rating content with the proverbial grain of salt.

And we can expect more sleeper picks - with some scouting depts shrewder than others.

Scouts and GM's are just gonna have to trust their eyes, when they review the tape. No more underwear olympics distractions.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Brandon Thorn
@BrandonThornNFL

Alabama's OL averaged 334 pounds per player in 2020, which would probably rank in the top 5 for the NFL off the top of my head. Their tape is right up there with 2017 Notre Dame for most dominant I've seen in the last 5-6 years from CFB. It's glorious.
This is the type of thing that makes it difficult to analyze anyone on that offense. When it’s a team of all stars it’s tough to determine if any of their individual success is due to their individual abilities or should be attributed to the results driven by the whole.

is Mac jones a good QB or did he just have the best protection and weapons?

is Najee a great rb or did he just have huge holes blown open by nfl linemen abd defenses scared of nfl passing attack?

mare any of the wrs transcendent or is it just impossible to cover all of them and defend the rushing game?

same kind of critical analysis applies on defensive side as well.

I know they get the highest ranked recruits, so I’m certain these are actually superior athletes. But when they all play together it may mask some of their individual deficiencies. It’s possible that none of them are A players but they are all B+ or A- minus players that when playing together all look like A+ players becasue they are playing against B players with an occasional A player here or there.

it’s why I’m always somewhat skeptical of Alabama players being considered the beat at their positions.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Matt Miller
@nfldraftscout

·
1m

A quick pre-Senior Bowl top 15 players.
1. QB Lawrence
2. OT Sewell
3. WR Smith
4. OT Slater
5. LB Parsons
6. WR Chase
7. QB Wilson
8. WR Waddle
9. TE Pitts
10. CB Surtain
11. CB Farley
12a. QB Lance
12b. QB Fields
14. EDGE Paye
15. EDGE Ossai
16. LB Owusu-Koramoah

LB Owusu-Koramoah isn’t a fit for cards

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jim Nagy
@JimNagy_SB

·
57s

The American LB group features size/length in Robinson (FSU) and Smith (UAB), speed in Cox (LSU) and Stuard (Houston), strength in Britt (Auburn) and Rice (UGA), and instincts in Fisher (NW) and Cole (S. Alabama).@Panthers
will be able to find someone to upgrade their LB corps.
You must be registered for see images attach

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Man I was hoping the Ifeatu was going to slip through to round 2 or 3. He caught my eye as a true freshman against the tar heels. Big kid too. Watch that tape I figured this kid was worth watching.