OT: Josh McCown

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/texans-interview-josh-mccown-jim-caldwell-for-vacant-head-coaching-job

This guy is one helluva story IMO. He stayed in the league as a player for 18 years which kinda boggles the mind.

I remember quite a few posters back in 2002-2005 that would say some stuff about how dumb he seemed and was just too slow mentally etc etc...

Clearly he did something right and is well respected around the league. Now with no coaching experience he is interviewing for a HC position... I don't expect him to land it at this point in time but WOW.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would be a big slap in the face to Bieniemy.

I totally understand what your saying. But how much of what we see from that KC offense is actually Bieniemy? Does anyone really know?

If he is the actual and true captain of that ship coaching wise then he should be a no brainer hire... Should be hired yesterday...

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I totally understand what your saying. But how much of what we see from that KC offense is actually Bieniemy? Does anyone really know?

If he is the actual and true captain of that ship coaching wise then he should be a no brainer hire... Should be hired yesterday...
The first paragraph didn’t stop Dan Campbell from getting hired.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Uhhhh...didn’t Pederson get the Eagles job, from the same position as Bienemy...and didn’t Reich get Colts job, coming from same position with Pederson? Those 2 never called plays and I think had their OC positions for less time. Something is definitely amiss with Bienemy...some question he’s a bad interview??? He’s seems capable and thoughtful with answers in press conferences. I’ve seen some saying it’s similar to Ray Horton...but Ray left scorched Earth in his wake, whenever he was passed on a job...haven’t seen that from Bienemy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No problem Josh getting an interview, at least in my opinion. BIG issue if he gets the job, again, in my opinion.

Lots of candidates get interviews to check out how it works. Josh needs to get in the assistant ranks for a few years before he’s handed the keys.