RIP: Hank Aaron (1934-2021)

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
RIP... Hank was THE sports (not only baseball) legend when I first started following pro sports as a kid. Found his card in the third or fourth pack of baseball cards I ever got, right after he had broken the HR record, and that is still probably one of the most exciting moments of my childhood.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bob Nightengale
⁦‪@BNightengale‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

I have never seen a man so revered walking into a room filled with other Hall of Famers than Hank Aaron. He was a giant in so many ways, and his death today, many who have spoken to him in recent weeks, has left his closest friends in disbelief.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What a great, great baseball player, ambassador for the game and human being. R.I.P. Hammerin' Hank. The world is a lesser place without you in it.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a great, great baseball player, ambassador for the game and human being. R.I.P. Hammerin' Hank. The world is a lesser place without you in it.

I have no words. Just a sad day for baseball.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This seems more sad than celebratory because of all the horrible things he went through. The treatment of him by fans during the HR chase was as bad as it gets.

FTR I think his talent would’ve transcended era. If you watch his swing he has insane wrist power. If you take away every HR he hit during his career he’d still have over 3,000 hits.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
This seems more sad than celebratory because of all the horrible things he went through. The treatment of him by fans during the HR chase was as bad as it gets.

FTR I think his talent would’ve transcended era. If you watch his swing he has insane wrist power. If you take away every HR he hit during his career he’d still have over 3,000 hits.
Excellent point! He and Ernie Banks generated their power with their wrists.

Except for the few musclebound sluggers, all ballplayers should specifically
include wrist exercises in their preparation, whether swinging for line drives
into the gaps or home runs.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
There is a push in Atlanta,,where they're talking about changing the Braves name
to the Hammers. In honor of the passing of Hammerin' Hank Aaron

The Atlanta Hammers. I like it!

It hits the nail on the head . . . 'Sorry about that. :hammer: