with the 16th pick......Daniel Jeremiah has the Arizona Cardinals taking

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Sewell falling to 10 and Parsons falling to 15 is total insanity from DJ. I'm sincerely hoping this was a troll job on America.

However...... Pitts falling to San Francisco is one of my current worst nightmares. Can you imagine Pitts and DK Metcalf in the same division? ooooof.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So how the Cardinals plan on scoring points or moving the ball consistently

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Good pool of edge rushers but based more on athletic prowess than statistical accomplishments. I’m not ready to rank yet but at this point I’d agree with Brit this seems a little high. You could likely drop back and select a comparable talent.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good pool of edge rushers but based more on athletic prowess than statistical accomplishments. I’m not ready to rank yet but at this point I’d agree with Brit this seems a little high. You could likely drop back and select a comparable talent.
That’s....what you’re supposed to draft pass-rushers for....

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think I would argue that 15.5 sacks in the year where Greg Rousseau opt-ed out is pretty high production. He does have a history which is not really mentioned. That said, DJ's mocks are generally what he is hearing more than how he ranks players. So he is hearing something indicating the Cardinals may be interested in an EDGE player in round 1.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Sewell falling to 10 and Parsons falling to 15 is total insanity from DJ. I'm sincerely hoping this was a troll job on America.

However...... Pitts falling to San Francisco is one of my current worst nightmares. Can you imagine Pitts and DK Metcalf in the same division? ooooof.
Parsons is an off-ball LB which could push him down boards and Sewell is his #2 rated OL in the draft. I would hope the Cardinals would explore trading up if Sewell started to fall. Same with Slater.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Parsons is an off-ball LB which could push him down boards and Sewell is his #2 rated OL in the draft. I would hope the Cardinals would explore trading up if Sewell started to fall. Same with Slater.
We are not in position to sell picks

The expert says there are many offensive lineman in the top 100
We are not just one player away from being good

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am going to have to take another look at Vera-Tucker.

The other name I am hearing more about which matters to us is Michigan R-Soph Jalen Mayfield. I am hearing more and more people talk about him at OG and having the power that we are lacking.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would argue that in this draft and for a opt end need player, we are. If Sewell is your #1 or #2 OL and the gap between him and the next is huge, you should make the small move up. Our draft history is so bad and the scouting process of this year is so off that having more picks may not be as much of a benefit as it normally is.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would argue that in this draft and for a opt end need player, we are. If Sewell is your #1 or #2 OL and the gap between him and the next is huge, you should make the small move up. Our draft history is so bad and the scouting process of this year is so off that having more picks may not be as much of a benefit as it normally is.
barring injuries Sewell doesn't go outside the top 8
Trading from 16, include a future first round pick
We cant afford that

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trading from 16 to 9 would probably cost a 2nd rounder.
At today I wouldnt do that but let's see what they will do in free agency, getting two great free agents, a guard and a receiver, could change the scenario

Do u think Josh Jones can play guard based in what u saw from him in college
Cause this year just played few snaps at tight end/extra tackle role so its difficult to judge him, was far from being ready i guess

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

The expert says there are many offensive lineman in the top 100
We are not just one player away from being good

Agreed.

And I think 16 to 9 would cost more than one 2nd round pick.

In 2019 the Steelers moved from #20 to #10 with the Broncos. Other than that swap of picks the Broncos received a 2nd and a 3rd.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
At today I wouldnt do that but let's see what they will do in free agency, getting two great free agents, a guard and a receiver, could change the scenario

Do u think Josh Jones can play guard based in what u saw from him in college
Cause this year just played few snaps at tight end/extra tackle role so its difficult to judge him, was far from being ready i guess
Jones had better feet than anchor ability coming out. He has the size and frame to change that though. What the Cardinals do in FA and the draft will tell you what you need to know about him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose