Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This was intense to watch and listen to. *Language*

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marion can EAD. I remember that second half of Game 5 in 2007, where he went TOTAL TORTILLA like he ALWAYS did when the chips were down. You can go back to that thread and I was probably shredding him for shrinking in the moment.

And of course it came down to what Steve did... that's because MARION NEVER DEVELOPED ANY HANDLES or any kind of post game and couldn't take advantage of them putting Tony Parker on him.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
First off, Marion would routinely shrink when it counted. Year after year, he would disappear. That said, I do think he is right. San Antonio would beat us year after year doing the exact same thing, and D'Antoni would refuse to adjust.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
First off, Marion would routinely shrink when it counted. Year after year, he would disappear. That said, I do think he is right. San Antonio would beat us year after year doing the exact same thing, and D'Antoni would refuse to adjust.
Agree. Just bc matrix is wrong about what he was capable of and shirking his role in the failures doesn’t make his rant about Dantoni any less accurate.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had me confused by saying the Suns should have won the next year, not the year Amare got suspended in the Spurs series. That next year they lost to the Spurs in the first round. He did say the year Dallas went to the finals though which was a year prior. He's really all over the place with how he talks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had me confused by saying the Suns should have won the next year, not the year Amare got suspended in the Spurs series. That next year they lost to the Spurs in the first round. He did say the year Dallas went to the finals though which was a year prior. He's really all over the place with how he talks.

I definitely noticed that as well.

yes, DA didn’t make adjustments. Water is wet. Thanks for the rant Shawn.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say to Shawn, if you're getting open, taking and making shots in the second half, Steve Nash gets you the ball.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I could listen to angry Matrix all day

*LANGUAGE*

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Well, D'Antoni sucked eggs. I can't argue with that part.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I could listen to angry Matrix all day

*LANGUAGE*

I've talked about this before, you look at the metrics that define a hall of famer... Marion is DEEPLY in the margin of hall of fame players. Basketball reference's HOF measurement has him as one of the best 100 players of all time.

His gripe is legit, a player who was one of the best rebounders of his era, one of the best defenders of his era, a guy who could defend virtually any position and someone who was able to score 20 a game in his prime while feasting on scraps and corner threes... which at the time were not valued at near the level they are now.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've talked about this before, you look at the metrics that define a hall of famer... Marion is DEEPLY in the margin of hall of fame players. Basketball reference's HOF measurement has him as one of the best 100 players of all time.

His gripe is legit, a player who was one of the best rebounders of his era, one of the best defenders of his era, a guy who could defend virtually any position and someone who was able to score 20 a game in his prime while feasting on scraps and corner threes... which at the time were not valued at near the level they are now.

It's crazy that the Suns haven't even put him in the ring of honor. Same with Stoudemire.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I had to come back in to this forum after not posting for years for this rant...

I think Shawn was right about most of what he said. I do think the Suns were a better overall team the year they lost to Spurs in R1.

With that said, I can't stand it when players rant like this, while at the same time taking 0 responsibility for their own failures at the same time.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's crazy that the Suns haven't even put him in the ring of honor. Same with Stoudemire.
It is criminal.
Marion refused a trade that would have put us in great shape for a championship, Stoudemire demanded a trade putting an end to those championship hopes. So I suspect when they make the movie it will be called The Small-Minded Emperor Strikes Back.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Marion refused a trade that would have put us in great shape for a championship, Stoudemire demanded a trade putting an end to those championship hopes. So I suspect when they make the movie it will be called The Small-Minded Emperor Strikes Back.

That would of brought KG to Phoenix and Amare would of been delt for Steph Curry right?

Good lord could you imagine

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boohoo. I thought this was a 'business?' Why do owners do this? Also looking at Bidwill and Anquan here...

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My goodness. Shawn is a lot more . . . errr . . . eloquent than he was when here as a player. He could hardly talk then. Anyone remember how painful interviews were with him. His speech was unintelligible. We commented about it here often. The difference is so stark that I almost wonder if it really him on this clip.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr