Arizona Cardinals off season news for the week of Jan 18, 2021

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Max Williams has 23 catches for 300 yards in two years with us. This year he missed quite a few games.

I don’t get the love for this guy. i don’t know what he will cost us but it better be cheap.

He has a $3.1m cap saving and only 250k dead money. I'm guessing he's likely to be cut. Or a new cheaper deal as Chopper said.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the cap is in the range of 180mil

Pugh
Hicks
Maxx Williams
Alford

Are likely gone

Chandler cap hit the next year is another problem, I hope they extending him, converting some money in signing bonus

I don't mind having Tallejo, zeke Turner or cheaper free agent starting inside with Simmons, we need speed, Tallejo isn't the fastest guy but certainly has more speed then Hicks and looks with very good motor

Weatherspoon is the cb i would sign, pretty young and has some upside

Samuel WR would be a nice fit for this offense

Then getting a top guard or center should be a priority

If there is chance to get a big back for 3/4 mil year good, otherwise using the third round pick

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
maybe

i guess the problem with the top three on that list is that while you are saving money, you are also creating holes to be filled, either via free agency or the draft
Easily replaceable with cheaper guys

Pugh - - - - Galliard/draft pick
Hicks - - Tallejo/free agent
Maxx Williams - - - Daniels/free agent no injury prone/draft pick
Alford - everyone healthy

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Easily replaceable with cheaper guys

Pugh - - - - Galliard/draft pick
Hicks - - Tallejo/free agent
Maxx Williams - - - Daniels/free agent no injury prone/draft pick
Alford - everyone healthy
Personal opinion but I feel that you are underestimating the holes that losing Pugh and Hicks would cause. Hicks because I believe he calls the defense and Simmons couldn't even be trusted to play every snap in year 1. Pugh because he was the best of our interior three and I don't believe we get better cutting the best of the three.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Personal opinion but I feel that you are underestimating the holes that losing Pugh and Hicks would cause. Hicks because I believe he calls the defense and Simmons couldn't even be trusted to play every snap in year 1. Pugh because he was the best of our interior three and I don't believe we get better cutting the best of the three.
Hicks calls an undisciplined defense, so I don't know if his calls are fine, then he is too slow, struggle in coverage, we played much better with Vallejo
If u think we can have a solid defense with Hicks in the middle u ll be disappointed
2 years in row leader of a crappy defense, there is a reason why they allowed many third downs conversion, his slowness is one of the reasons
Pugh is the best of a mediocre interior unit, can be replaced
We need to sign a top interior offensive lineman and draft an high pick Og

Last edited: