They tried to trade Ayton!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't read the whole thread was there any detail on who they contacted and what they were looking for? just curious what they thought the market for Ayton would be.

I get that he's not set the league on fire and he needs to play harder than he does, but he is an elite rebounder and his first 2 years he was a pretty good scorer albeit not taking to the basket hard enough. This year his scoring is down for whatever reason. THe obvious of course is a guy that big and strong and athletic should not average less than 3 fta's a game

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't read the whole thread was there any detail on who they contacted and what they were looking for? just curious what they thought the market for Ayton would be.

I get that he's not set the league on fire and he needs to play harder than he does, but he is an elite rebounder and his first 2 years he was a pretty good scorer albeit not taking to the basket hard enough. This year his scoring is down for whatever reason. THe obvious of course is a guy that big and strong and athletic should not average less than 3 fta's a game

There is speculation it was for Giannis or perhaps Towns.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We don't really know but I don't believe they shopped him per se, they just inquired about unhappy stars with the idea that Ayton would be the center piece of our side of the deal. I suspect they found out that it would take Ayton and quite a bit more for the 2 or 3 stars we probably looked at.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Ayton was on another team, we would be dying to trade for him.

He's received some outlash nationally this season, so i wouldn't think so. Mainly due to us having cp3 and us atually having a game or two televised.

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
Whatever the case with the trade rumor, Ayton has been a different player since
the mini-layoff. In my mind, Suns lose that game last night v. Rockets without
Ayton's performance. Hopefully it continues.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Really? Not even on his best game of the season? This is what people have been crying about for weeks.
Uh my comment was about Ayton not having a problem being underpaid. What issue do you have with that statement?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yeah the FTs are a big deal. And not just bc it’s scoring opportunities. The stress you place on the opponent by causing fouls is invaluable.

And a random aside, Jokic is averaging 25/11.5/10. That is just astounding.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
One thing is for sure. The second we trade him he will become a perineal all star, league MVP. And drop 50 on us whenever we play against him. Such is the life of a Suns fan.
That's a critique of our coaching staff.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I remember wanting to trade him for Embiid last summer. There was nothing to the Towns stuff other than Booker and him being buds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose