Arizona Cardinals off season news for the week of Jan 18, 2021

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There were a few years when he didn’t decide until February. I think that’ll be the case this year.

I don't think he will be back. Not unless he's willing to take a lot less money just to keep playing.

It's a down cap year AND he's not worth $11m any more even if it wasn't.

I want to take the Fitz money and give it to Curtis Samuel who I think would be a great addition for us. Still really young, ascending and poised to really break out.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think he will be back. Not unless he's willing to take a lot less money just to keep playing.

It's a down cap year AND he's not worth $11m any more even if it wasn't.

I want to take the Fitz money and give it to Curtis Samuel who I think would be a great addition for us. Still really young, ascending and poised to really break out.
In years past, I was always confident that Fitz would be back. I'm less confident this year. And, for the reasons you stated, we just can't shell out $11M for the production he's limited to. Trim that number down, and I'd be onboard.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
In years past, I was always confident that Fitz would be back. I'm less confident this year. And, for the reasons you stated, we just can't shell out $11M for the production he's limited to. Trim that number down, and I'd be onboard.

i think Fitz puts a burden on the offense beyond his cap number

first: he can only play in the slot, pushing Kirk and others better suited for the slot into outside roles
second: Fitz scares nobody deep. it makes the offense more predictable
third: the consecutive game reception thing drives some playcalling. Even if Fitz accepts a backup role -- do you think KK wants to be the guy who is responsible for ending Fitz' reception streak?

Reaction score
i think Fitz puts a burden on the offense beyond his cap number

first: he can only play in the slot, pushing Kirk and others better suited for the slot into outside roles
second: Fitz scares nobody deep. it makes the offense more predictable
third: the consecutive game reception thing drives some playcalling. Even if Fitz accepts a backup role -- do you think KK wants to be the guy who is responsible for ending Fitz' reception streak?

The thing is Fitz is still better than Kirk.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
ESPN reported Wednesday the Cardinals will be rolling over a little more than $5 million in salary cap space for 2021. Overthecap.com had already estimated the Cards with about $11M in cap space before the rollover (based on a projected $180M cap, which will be a dropoff from the $198M cap of 2020.)

Cardinals Sign Two More To 'Futures' Contracts (azcardinals.com)
bout to be some dead bodies rollin'.

I hope Maxx, Pugh, Hicks and Chandler decide to extend/restructure. If not, our roster is about to go to total crap because Keim is not that good at filling holes on the roster.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Max Williams has 23 catches for 300 yards in two years with us. This year he missed quite a few games.

I don’t get the love for this guy. i don’t know what he will cost us but it better be cheap.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Max Williams has 23 catches for 300 yards in two years with us. This year he missed quite a few games.

I don’t get the love for this guy. i don’t know what he will cost us but it better be cheap.

He doesn't offer a lot regarding receiving, but was an important component blocking on running plays. With his injury this season, I think Drake's production dropped. I don't mind keeping him, but it has to be a cheap deal. Maybe add incentives for receiving yards. The FO should be safe, lol.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He doesn't offer a lot regarding receiving, but was an important component blocking on running plays. With his injury this season, I think Drake's production dropped. I don't mind keeping him, but it has to be a cheap deal. Maybe add incentives for receiving yards. The FO should be safe, lol.

Maxx is already under contract.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose