Cobra Kai (Netflix)

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems they hinted at Terry Silver all season with the Kreese flashbacks and the phone call at the end but Thomas Ian Griffin has already declined a return. Its been long enough that recasting wouldn't be awful but I hope they convinced him to come back. I know the kid who played Mike Barnes has expressed interest in doing something on the show also but I hope its Silver who shows up to help Kreese.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It seems they hinted at Terry Silver all season with the Kreese flashbacks and the phone call at the end but Thomas Ian Griffin has already declined a return. Its been long enough that recasting wouldn't be awful but I hope they convinced him to come back. I know the kid who played Mike Barnes has expressed interest in doing something on the show also but I hope its Silver who shows up to help Kreese.

They called him by name in the flashbacks. So it’s either him or a recast.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
They called him by name in the flashbacks. So it’s either him or a recast.

TVLINE | At the end of the finale, Kreese reached out to his old army buddy Terry for help. Has that role been cast yet and, if so, who will be playing him?

HURWITZ | Just because Kreese reached out to somebody, doesn’t necessarily mean that he’s returning to the show. That said, on our show, we try to bring back the original actor who played characters in the past as much as possible. We all loved the character of Terry Silver in The Karate Kid 3 and his portrayal by Thomas Ian Griffith, so if that character was to return for Season 4, we’d hope that he’d be the one playing him.

SCHLOSSBERG | There’s no confirmation, anything can happen, really. But I will say: If you do love Terry Silver, this is probably the best show to tune into to see if he does show up. [Laughs] But we can’t promise anything at this point because it’s all a mystery.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
TVLINE | At the end of the finale, Kreese reached out to his old army buddy Terry for help. Has that role been cast yet and, if so, who will be playing him?

HURWITZ | Just because Kreese reached out to somebody, doesn’t necessarily mean that he’s returning to the show. That said, on our show, we try to bring back the original actor who played characters in the past as much as possible. We all loved the character of Terry Silver in The Karate Kid 3 and his portrayal by Thomas Ian Griffith, so if that character was to return for Season 4, we’d hope that he’d be the one playing him.

SCHLOSSBERG | There’s no confirmation, anything can happen, really. But I will say: If you do love Terry Silver, this is probably the best show to tune into to see if he does show up. [Laughs] But we can’t promise anything at this point because it’s all a mystery.
I believe there is one instance where Kreese's buddy in Vietnam is called "Silver." So that would confirm it's the character.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hadn't quite watched the end of S2 and Netflix spoiled for me
That Miguel gets injured and in a wheelchair
When I let my Netflix go idle and show me TV shows. SMH.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hadn't quite watched the end of S2 and Netflix spoiled for me
That Miguel gets injured and in a wheelchair
When I let my Netflix go idle and show me TV shows. SMH.

That sucks but it is a major plot point in season 3 that Miguel's story is driven by. I think the season should still be enjoyable knowing that though. I'm sure you can guess how he ends up in his situation but it was a good episode that helps explain where other stories are going.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pretty much hate watched seasons 1 and 2 and got through four episodes of season 3 before I finally just gave in to the show and started to love the ridiculousness and bad acting.

these guys created a Miyagiverse.

that’s pretty amazing.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
I pretty much hate watched seasons 1 and 2 and got through four episodes of season 3 before I finally just gave in to the show and started to love the ridiculousness and bad acting.

these guys created a Miyagiverse.

that’s pretty amazing.

I hope you're saying that with deference to William Zabka, who has been amazing in his scenes.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried this way back when the first season came out and couldn't get into it after like 2 or 3 episodes. Knowing they go to Okinawa (actually Okinawa), where I lived a long time ago, makes me want to give it another shot.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I tried this way back when the first season came out and couldn't get into it after like 2 or 3 episodes. Knowing they go to Okinawa (actually Okinawa), where I lived a long time ago, makes me want to give it another shot.
When you first start to watch it, you don't really know where it's going. I felt like the producers weren't sure just how much Daniel they were going to put in the show. It seemed like they were just going to go all-in on Johnny and his misadventures.

I don't know if getting Daniel in as one of the main characters was the original plan, but once they brought him in with equal time, the show really takes off.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if getting Daniel in as one of the main characters was the original plan, but once they brought him in with equal time, the show really takes off.

From all I've read the plan originally was a series for Johnny only with Daniel only being mentioned. They hoped he'd do a cameo or show up 2-3 times in the first season. Ralph Machio had essentially retired from acting and wanted nothing to do with Karate Kid. He's said he's been pitched ideas for almost 3 decades to get him to return as Daniel Larusso but he had zero interest. This series sold him though. What was initially going to be a very short guest spot turned into a full fledged return. I'm glad he did return because I don't think we'd be going into season 4 without his inclusion.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope you're saying that with deference to William Zabka, who has been amazing in his scenes.

I'm not sure if Zabka can do any other character, but I agree, he's been the most compelling actor in the series.

Of course,
Liz Shue came in guns a blazin' which was to be expected. She's so great that I'm still crushing on her thirty-odd years later.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Zabka can do any other character, but I agree, he's been the most compelling actor in the series.

Of course,
Liz Shue came in guns a blazin' which was to be expected. She's so great that I'm still crushing on her thirty-odd years later.

yup. she's still amazing in every way. lights up a screen any time she's on it.

she had to have retired early or something, right? I can't imagine how she wouldn't have continued to blow up as a star after the 80's.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
yup. she's still amazing in every way. lights up a screen any time she's on it.

she had to have retired early or something, right? I can't imagine how she wouldn't have continued to blow up as a star after the 80's.

Loved her in Leaving Las Vegas in 1995. Nominated for an Academy Award. Enjoyed her in The Boys as well.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have really enjoyed season 3 cool Elizabeth shue made an appearance she is gorgeous and a talented actress!!

Also love that chosen is in it amazing scene!!! Hope a lot more of him

Also always good johnny scene

No mercy!!! Honk :) lol

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Of course,

Anybody know that he has been nominated for an Academy Award? Albeit not for acting...

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cobra Kai season 4 officially starts production

https://netflixlife.com/2021/02/26/cobra-kai-season-4-filming/

Cobra Kai never dies, and Cobra Kai season 4 is underway!

The Cobra Kai team announced on Friday that season 4 of the Netflix original series was officially in production via their Instagram page. The caption of the photo read: “There’s no more time for training. Season 4 is officially underway.”

The third season of the series dropped on January 1, 2021, and most fans binged it in one full day. Since coming over to Netflix, Cobra Kai has exploded on the scene and has become one of Netflix’s most beloved shows.

The success and love for the show allowed the series to greenlight a fourth season. Netflix announced that Cobra Kai was coming back for a fourth season before season three even dropped. That just goes to show you how much confidence Netflix has in the series.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that season 4 was coming this summer. I guess that's incorrect if production just started. I'm sure they could get it out that quick but thats a pretty quick turnaround.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that season 4 was coming this summer. I guess that's incorrect if production just started. I'm sure they could get it out that quick but thats a pretty quick turnaround.

I’m guessing they have the entire season written over the pandemic. For a half hour show, ten episode, probably oooking at 3-4 months of production, post going on concurrently. Add in another month of post after production’s wrapped and it wouldn’t surprise me if it was ready late summer, like August.

that said, they might like where it played over the holidays and leave it there for season 4.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm halfway through season 3 now and haven't read the thread but I turned it on just to check it out and was HOOKED. What a great show. I think the old sensei is an unnecessary distraction from what was brewing as a great show and season 3 def doesnt feel as good as seasons 1 and 2 so far. hoping it picks up well as I keep progressing.

When it makes hawk noises as hawk fights people - lmao!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose