OT the DeShaun Watson trade stuff

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Only way they get Watson is if they throw Donald or Ramsey in the deal.

(They (the Rams) don’t have nearly the capital to do it regardless btw)

i think that second part is correct. no 1st round pick this year, and taking Goff back would be a terrible choice relative to other options

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i think that second part is correct. no 1st round pick this year, and taking Goff back would be a terrible choice relative to other options
Please, no trade with the Niners or Rams. We’re already getting pounded by both of them, can you imagine if either added Watson?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It’s ridiculous to want Watson over Murray. With our OL, Watson would get sacked 60-70 times. You’ve drafted your QBOTF. Now build around him & shut the hell up.
It is ridiculous to want a QB who is 5 inches taller, 20 lbs heavier, mobile and a better QB at this point in time?

Debatable for sure, but ridiculous?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It’s ridiculous to want Watson over Murray

Why? Watson is the superior QB and doesnt have physical limitations like Kyler. It's not ridiculous to want the better player. Maybe Kyler gets to Watson's level, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I might have put this in another thread, but for those worried about the cost difference, that doesn't occur until 2022.

Next year, the cap difference if we traded for Watson vs keeping Kyler is 1 mil.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only thing Kyler has over Watson is injury history due to Watson’s two torn ACLs.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Only thing Kyler has over Watson is injury history due to Watson’s two torn ACLs.

That's fair, but it does seems like Murray has these nagging injuries later in the season, which considerably hamper his performance. It may be mental for him at this point.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would add to this, if you are the Cards and you are even remotely considering inquiring, you better be sure because if you make overtures to get Watson and it gets out too quickly you are screwed. Generally speaking when discussing trading someone they don't have the very real option of saying ok I'll just quit football and go play pro baseball, Kyler has that option. if he found out about discussions and didn't want to play for the Texans he could completely derail the franchise if he wants to, no I'm not going to Houston, I'm playing baseball stick that in your pipe and smoke it

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I would add to this, if you are the Cards and you are even remotely considering inquiring, you better be sure because if you make overtures to get Watson and it gets out too quickly you are screwed. Generally speaking when discussing trading someone they don't have the very real option of saying ok I'll just quit football and go play pro baseball, Kyler has that option. if he found out about discussions and didn't want to play for the Texans he could completely derail the franchise if he wants to, no I'm not going to Houston, I'm playing baseball stick that in your pipe and smoke it

The GM’s job is to do what’s best for the team and Keim knows this is it for him. You’re right he has to be careful in what comes out publicly should we kick the tires. You can’t control what Houston leaks which they’d probably do to up the bidding war. If I’m Houston I’d tell Arizona that SF is offering three FRP’s.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Im the Jets, I make this happen. If they had landed the #1 pick, they probably would have taken Lawrence and not been in the running, but finishing #2 makes it interesting. They got Salas, who can hopefully put out a decent defense even in year one. If Salas wants to get to a second contract, he has a better chance with Watson than he does with Darnold and the 3 first round rookies it would cost to land Watson.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way it happens
Many holes to folks, no much salary available
As much as I like Watson, I stick with Murray and with much more chances to improve the roster
If i was the GM of the 49ers, rams, Washington, Indianapolis, patriots I would do it in a heartbeat

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
No way it happens
Many holes to folks, no much salary available
As much as I like Watson, I stick with Murray and with much more chances to improve the roster
If i was the GM of the 49ers, rams, Washington, Indianapolis, patriots I would do it in a heartbeat
Salary isn't an issue in this potential deal. The difference this year is minimal and next year we have a ton of cap space.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Watson is becoming extremely overrated at this point.
Strong disagreement with this. I would argue that people feeling that Kyler Murray is in the same discussion as Watson outside of the cost element is extremely overrating Kyler.

Any unbiased person would take Deshaun Watson over Kyler Murray if the cost is the same. Watson has shown more at the NFL level and is only 2 years older than Murray. He is bigger and more polished as a pocket passer. Both operate in dysfunctional franchises.

And actual facts are that the cost is only going to be significantly different for one year, 2022. After that Kyler will be expecting an extension so he isn't playing out his option year.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Strong disagreement with this. I would argue that people feeling that Kyler Murray is in the same discussion as Watson outside of the cost element is extremely overrating Kyler.

Any unbiased person would take Deshaun Watson over Kyler Murray if the cost is the same. Watson has shown more at the NFL level and is only 2 years older than Murray. He is bigger and more polished as a pocket passer. Both operate in dysfunctional franchises.

And actual facts are that the cost is only going to be significantly different for one year, 2022. After that Kyler will be expecting an extension so he isn't playing out his option year.

No at all.

> His arm strength is not plus
> He hold onto the ball too long, which also is indicative of his pocket passing is not as good as what people are framing it to be.

His best season was when his team went 4-12.

There is nothing in Deshauns game that makes him significantly better than Kyler. at all.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
No at all.

> His arm strength is not plus
> He hold onto the ball too long, which also is indicative of his pocket passing is not as good as what people are framing it to be.

His best season was when his team went 4-12.

There is nothing in Deshauns game that makes him significantly better than Kyler. at all.
Except for the fact that Watson is a better QB in almost every facet of the game, I believe you.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Matt Miller
⁦‪@nfldraftscout‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

Spent today talking to a few sources on the Deshaun Watson story.

No disrespect to other reporters, but I’ve been told the Jets are NOT his preferred destination should a trade take place.

His no trade clause makes this very important.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
His sauces had us taking Murray instead of Bosa before the draft started.

Btw it's free content so take it for what it's worth.
You must be registered for see images attach