2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Postpone the Suns game!

It's starting to look like they are more interested in managing and spreading out the impact of the virus rather than preventing it, almost the Scott Atlas approach. Given that they are dealing mostly with a young and healthy population, I could see it working but then it inevitably spreads through family and friends into a much more vulnerable population. The league is trying to prevent the outward spread but a lot of players are apparently resisting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's starting to look like they are more interested in managing and spreading out the impact of the virus rather than preventing it, almost the Scott Atlas approach. Given that they are dealing mostly with a young and healthy population, I could see it working but then it inevitably spreads through family and friends into a much more vulnerable population. The league is trying to prevent the outward spread but a lot of players are apparently resisting.

The number of NBA players testing positive was really low for awhile. Now it seems to be more widespread.

I think it would be smart to preemptively postpone some games, like the Suns last game with the Wizards, rather than risk the virus spreading.

The management approach to the virus does seem to be winning right now where it is anticipated teams will have players on health and safety protocol.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyrie Irving's return to Nets is likely Wednesday and Friday games against Cleveland.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Heat vs Pistons game today will be delayed or postponed.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No idea how valid but apparently there's a rumor the Bulls are offering Zach LaVine to the Warriors in exchange for Jordan Poole, Kelly Oubre, Erich Paschall, the Twolves #1 pick and the Warriors top 10 protected pick.

Personally as a Warrior and UCLA fan I think that's too much. Zach can really score but he doesn't play any defense at all, it's worked with Wiggins, they got him to buy in, so maybe they think they can get Zach to buy in too but I would NOT want Paschall in the trade. Oubre, Poole and the picks absolutely ok with it, but Paschall is arguably the key to the Warriors 2nd unit success, moving him would be a bad idea IMO.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No idea how valid but apparently there's a rumor the Bulls are offering Zach LaVine to the Warriors in exchange for Jordan Poole, Kelly Oubre, Erich Paschall, the Twolves #1 pick and the Warriors top 10 protected pick.

Personally as a Warrior and UCLA fan I think that's too much. Zach can really score but he doesn't play any defense at all, it's worked with Wiggins, they got him to buy in, so maybe they think they can get Zach to buy in too but I would NOT want Paschall in the trade. Oubre, Poole and the picks absolutely ok with it, but Paschall is arguably the key to the Warriors 2nd unit success, moving him would be a bad idea IMO.

That's a lot for someone like Lavine. That sounds more like a package for Harden or a legit All-Star.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's too much for the Warriors to give up. There has to be better trades out there.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's too much for the Warriors to give up. There has to be better trades out there.

Oh I agree it's too much. The idea I suppose is they think their window is going to close soon with Steph, Draymond and Klay getting older so if you get LaVine now it might help and bridge you to the 2nd team that has Zach, Wiseman etc on it. The Wolves pick is top 3 protected so they're not getting Cunningham or Suggs or Jalen Green, there are some other good prospects in that draft but if you made this deal you're saying they're not sure things we need a sure thing offensively and that's Zach.

Again I would not do this deal with Paschall in it and others say you have to take out the Wolves pick as well although one guy said take out that pick the 3 players and the Warriors pick is probably still too much but do it.

I just found it interesting that people seem to think the Warriors are an obvious landing spot for Zach.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I agree it's too much. The idea I suppose is they think their window is going to close soon with Steph, Draymond and Klay getting older so if you get LaVine now it might help and bridge you to the 2nd team that has Zach, Wiseman etc on it. The Wolves pick is top 3 protected so they're not getting Cunningham or Suggs or Jalen Green, there are some other good prospects in that draft but if you made this deal you're saying they're not sure things we need a sure thing offensively and that's Zach.

Again I would not do this deal with Paschall in it and others say you have to take out the Wolves pick as well although one guy said take out that pick the 3 players and the Warriors pick is probably still too much but do it.

I just found it interesting that people seem to think the Warriors are an obvious landing spot for Zach.

It's not a terrible idea after thinking about it more.

Draft picks are not as important to the Warriors as other teams because they can attract top free agents. Also they probably let Oubre walk.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s hard to believe in a team when their best player gets forced to shoot.

lol

that’s on the coaching and team why is he even in that Position

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Oubre continues sucking then maybe the Suns can bring him back this summer as a Sixth Man for the mid level exception. I doubt he'll get more than that if he doesn't snap out of it.

Maybe staying in OKC would have been better for him, then no one would see him suck. I wonder if its a team fit thing or if he's slumping because the arenas are empty. He constantly played to the crowd here and if there is one guy who I had to guess would suffer from no fans being at games, it would be him. Regardless of what team he played for.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Oubre continues sucking then maybe the Suns can bring him back this summer as a Sixth Man for the mid level exception. I doubt he'll get more than that if he doesn't snap out of it.

Maybe staying in OKC would have been better for him, then no one would see him suck. I wonder if its a team fit thing or if he's slumping because the arenas are empty. He constantly played to the crowd here and if there is one guy who I had to guess would suffer from no fans being at games, it would be him. Regardless of what team he played for.

no thanks.

I don’t want Iso Oubre

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kelly was great last night, helped key the win over the lakers. Paschall got a chance on national tv and he shined too, 19 in 19 minutes basically unguardable. I was impressed they were very unhappy with the officiating in the game, Paschall repeatedly fouled on drives with no call kept complaining and then got a phantom foul guarding Harrell that I thought was going to get both him and Kerr a T. Oubre got a T for blowing a kiss at a Laker player, but Schroder was taunting Warrior players the entire game without a T. I think it motivated the Warriors to keep fighting back they'd get close the Lakers would make a run and pull out and either Schroder or Kuzma would start talking smack and the Warriors would fight back.

After 2 tough losses and a cancellation last night was much needed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CJ McCollum fractures left foot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kelly was great last night, helped key the win over the lakers. Paschall got a chance on national tv and he shined too, 19 in 19 minutes basically unguardable. I was impressed they were very unhappy with the officiating in the game, Paschall repeatedly fouled on drives with no call kept complaining and then got a phantom foul guarding Harrell that I thought was going to get both him and Kerr a T. Oubre got a T for blowing a kiss at a Laker player, but Schroder was taunting Warrior players the entire game without a T. I think it motivated the Warriors to keep fighting back they'd get close the Lakers would make a run and pull out and either Schroder or Kuzma would start talking smack and the Warriors would fight back.

After 2 tough losses and a cancellation last night was much needed.

It's great to see Oubre get it going for the Warriors shooting 9-18 for 23 points, 2 blocks, 2 steals and 4 rebounds.

Warriors are now 7-6.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CJ McCollum fractures left foot.

whats with this guy, he cant stay healthy it seems. Last year he played with the back issue. I dont know how he injured it, but just seems like Dame is usually there more than McC

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whats with this guy, he cant stay healthy it seems. Last year he played with the back issue. I dont know how he injured it, but just seems like Dame is usually there more than McC

I don't wish any bad on any team but Portland's injury woes may give the Suns a better chance at the playoffs.

The Trail Blazers have Nurkic, McCollum and Collins out.

I don't know what to make of McCollum being injured but he has played 70 games each the past two seasons.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't wish any bad on any team but Portland's injury woes may give the Suns a better chance at the playoffs.

The Trail Blazers have Nurkic, McCollum and Collins out.

I don't know what to make of McCollum being injured but he has played 70 games each the past two seasons.

He did play games but man that back downgraded his play.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Delonte West has a job at Florida rehab facility. It sounds like Mark Cuban has been a positive influence.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So many injuries around the NBA.

Myles Turner has a slight fracture in right hand.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose