Suns @ Grizzlies Monday game thread 1-18-21

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So are not being able to visit families and friends, keep stores open, send kids to school, eat out in restaurants, etc.

As long as people, especially Arizonans (we are the worst in
the nation), continue to fight solving the virus, each year will
be another year of failure to do so.

The new administration will follow the scientists and doctors and
have the
right words, but will the people listen? Soon we will begin
Year #2.

Not until political gridlock is recognized as hazardous to our
health
will we see progress.

That is what is really annoying! Not being able to watch a ballgame
on TV is low on the priority list.

The part in bold is why a ballgame is important.

Sports
provides some sanity in a world torn apart by the pandemic, job loss and politics.

Done correctly like in the Orlando bubble, sports without fans poses minimal risk to the public.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The part in bold is why a ballgame is important.

Sports
provides some sanity in a world torn apart by the pandemic, job loss and politics.

Done correctly like in the Orlando bubble, sports without fans poses minimal risk to the public.

I blame the players. For example I’m assuming smith is single. Obviously young and has some money. And who was the first to go on the suns covid list?

These guys just have too much money to not just sit at the hotel or avoid going out. It’s a money thing and a nba culture thing.

just bubble them for 3 weeks at time. Week off. Back on again. Idk what else would could be done to have a season. At this point I’ve kind of checked out, it’s becoming less interesting with all the pauses and not having a full roster available. Every game at this point has an asterisk beside it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I blame the players. For example I’m assuming smith is single. Obviously young and has some money. And who was the first to go on the suns covid list?

These guys just have too much money to not just sit at the hotel or avoid going out. It’s a money thing and a nba culture thing.

just bubble them for 3 weeks at time. Week off. Back on again. Idk what else would could be done to have a season. At this point I’ve kind of checked out, it’s becoming less interesting with all the pauses and not having a full roster available. Every game at this point has an asterisk beside it.

I don't think an individual player should be singled out. Lots of players in the NBA are on health and safety protocol. It doesn't take much to get exposed.

It would have probably been smart for NBA to go back to the Orlando bubble concept but I doubt the players wanted to do it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So are not being able to visit families and friends, keep stores
open, send kids to school, eat out in restaurants, etc.

As long as people, especially Arizonans (we are the worst in
the nation), continue to fight solving the virus, each year will
be another year of failure to do so.

The new administration will follow the scientists and doctors and
have the
right words, but will the people listen? Soon we will begin
Year #2.

Not until political gridlock is recognized as hazardous to our
health
will we see progress.

That is what is really annoying! Not being able to watch a ballgame
on TV is low on the priority list.

I’m well aware Covid and all the suffering and stupid politics surrounding it is “more annoying.”

it’s possible... forget it. Lecture on as if I don’t care about Covid some more.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

oh it’s an “NBA Culture” thing to break Covid rules?

right it’s not like it’s been a huge left wing white thing all year to hold super spreader events and be anti mask/Vaccine

but yeah totally “NBA Culture”

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh it’s an “NBA Culture” thing to break Covid rules?

right it’s not like it’s been a huge left wing white thing all year to hold super spreader events and be anti mask/Vaccine

but yeah totally “NBA Culture”

yeah... with you here. don’t think it’s “NBA culture”. Baseball was a disaster when they started back up too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson is starting today. Jae Crowder will move to bench.

It must be the change Monty was thinking about.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Eddie Johnson just gave a moving tribute to the memory of Martin Luther King on the pre-game show.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Xavier Tillman Sr will start at center for Grizzlies. He has been a pleasant surprise as a rookie.

Grizzlies have some nice young players. Desmond Bane is on their roster as well.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About time for tipoff.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can Ayton take advantage of Tillman?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Booker opens with a jumper.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tillman blocks Ayton jump shot.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol, I literally forgot Paul is on the team. Booker passed to him and I went "oh yeah..."

To be fair, I borrowed a lot of today's happiness last night. Anyone have a great hangover cure?