I was just thinking about if we had drafted Josh Allen

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
It was the 2018 draft where we drafted the other Josh. For only giving the Bills a 2nd and a 3rd after swapping 1sts, we could have taken Allen (according to the Value Chart). Would there have been any difference whatsoever in where we are now?

I think it would have gone exactly the same. We would have traded him to Miami just like we did Rosen. Remember Allen's first year in the league he was horrible just like our guy was. His passing % was like in the 50s somewhere. The way we handle, teach, and have little patience, I think we would have done exactly the same thing: Hired KK, drafted KKs boy Murray, and shipped Allen off to Miami. i

What is the point of this insight? You tell me, if any? Maybe it says something about the way we deal with our draft picks in a variety of aspects? Or maybe I am just bored, lonely, and tired of watching "the election was stolen" news reports. Next Thursday's News Headline: "They gave an inauguration and no one showed up!"

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was the 2018 draft where we drafted the other Josh. For only giving the Bills a 2nd and a 3rd after swapping 1sts, we could have taken Allen (according to the Value Chart). Would there have been any difference whatsoever in where we are now?

I think it would have gone exactly the same. We would have traded him to Miami just like we did Rosen. Remember Allen's first year in the league he was horrible just like our guy was. His passing % was like in the 50s somewhere. The way we handle, teach, and have little patience, I think we would have done exactly the same thing: Hired KK, drafted KKs boy Murray, and shipped Allen off to Miami. i

What is the point of this insight? You tell me, if any? Maybe it says something about the way we deal with our draft picks in a variety of aspects? Or maybe I am just bored, lonely, and tired of watching "the election was stolen" news reports. Next Thursday's News Headline: "They gave an inauguration and no one showed up!"

no way the Bills would have dropped all the way down to 15 and taken themselves out of the QB market

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I think it would have completely depended on if we still had Wilkes. If we went into that offseason planning on trading up for Allen, and then based a coaching choice around that plan...a lot of things could have been different.

If we could have hired Mike Vrabel and drafted Josh Allen that year, I think we would still have that combo now and would have probably had some success.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Bills wanted Allen from the start. They would have taken Allen over Mayfield & Darnold. They wanted a strong armed QB who could throw during the Buffalo winters. With a background throwing in Wyoming, he was their perfect choice. They certainly didn’t want Rosen either. Rosen was more interested in sipping coffee while sitting under a tree reading a book in perfect California weather.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Bills wanted Allen from the start. They would have taken Allen over Mayfield & Darnold. They wanted a strong armed QB who could throw during the Buffalo winters. With a background throwing in Wyoming, he was their perfect choice. They certainly didn’t want Rosen either. Rosen was more interested in sipping coffee while sitting under a tree reading a book in perfect California weather.
Dude had a hot tub in his dorm room.

You must be registered for see images attach

I know I know :deadhorse:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We’d still have Bruce Arians and Todd Bowles too. The team would be nasty. Brady would prob be a niner though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose