Doug Pederson

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stop acting like a OC under Andy Reid actually matters.

Congrats to him on going 9-7 in a awful division twice & the other due to Frank Reich’s obvious brilliance.

So because he one season where the Eagles was decimated by injury and Wentz was garbage he's now trash who only won because of Reid and Schwartz?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So because he one season where the Eagles was decimated by injury and Wentz was garbage he's now trash who only won because of Reid and Schwartz?
A coach left one team & that team has done nothing, but crashed in a bad division.

That same coach went to a team has done nothing, but trend up in a tougher division.

I’m not gonna break it down any longer, even for you.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Stop acting like a OC under Andy Reid actually matters.

Congrats to him on going 9-7 in a awful division twice & the other due to Frank Reich’s obvious brilliance.
So Pederson gets no credit for being the OC, but Reich gets all the credit for being the OC?

What has Reich won in Indy? He's never finished first in a mediocre division.

I could care less about Reich or Pederson but I don't get the logic and praise for Reich.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A coach left one team & that team has done nothing, but crashed in a bad division.

That same coach went to a team has done nothing, but trend up in a tougher division.

I’m not gonna break it down any longer, even for you.

Probably a good job really as before the season began you were holding up Pederson as a top tier coach who had done great work at Philly without much talent at the skill positions.

So it would look rather silly if you kept down this path of saying he was garbage that only did well because of Reid and Reich.

You: "Where did I say in that post that Arians didn’t matter? He was a good coach for us. Sorry, I’m not going to do backflips & hold him in a similar regard to the Doug Pedersons of the world"

Solar7: "What the hell has Doug Pederson done besides one streaky Super Bowl run? His teams play in the garbage NFC East and have barely held on to do anything that matters outside of that one year. He has had a ton of talent to work with for years. He's an alright coach, but that's about it."

You: "What’s streaky about it? He has made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years there & the 1 year he missed it, it was his & Wentz’s rookie year. You know you, me, & everyone else here would be doing backflips if Arians did what Pederson has done, especially with a backup(!!!!) QB. He doesn’t have a ton of talent. He just has a good OLine/DLine. Most of the skill positions players leave a lot to be desired."

So either you're just arguing for the sake of it, or you changed you whole opinion of a coaches career based on one season where practically the whole of the O line was out, plus some of the backups and where for large chunks of the season the entire starting WR corps and DB corps have been out.

It's fair to think a little less of someone after a bad season, but I'm not sure how you go from Pederson is great to "Pederson only ever won anything because of Reid and Reich".

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably a good job really as before the season began you were holding up Pederson as a top tier coach who had done great work at Philly without much talent at the skill positions.

So it would look rather silly if you kept down this path of saying he was garbage that only did well because of Reid and Reich.
It’s crazy that opinions can change, right?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s crazy that opinions can change, right?

From this guys great to this guys only ever been good because of Reid and Reich? That's not a change. That's rewriting history.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From this guys great to this guys only ever been good because of Reid and Reich? That's not a change. That's rewriting history.
I’m not gonna break it down any further like you’re 12. This is my fault for even entertaining you this long.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not gonna break it down any further like you’re 12. This is my fault for even entertaining you this long.

No need to break it down, I get it. Your opinions are built on sand. They are of the moment. They don't evolve so much as get deleted and replaced.

Doug Pederson winning and he's a top tier coach. Doug Pederson has a single bad season with a ridiculously long injury list and a QB that forgot how to play and he's "only ever been good because of Reid and Reich". Makes sense. Let's move on then.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Pederson gets no credit for being the OC, but Reich gets all the credit for being the OC?

What has Reich won in Indy? He's never finished first in a mediocre division.

I could care less about Reich or Pederson but I don't get the logic and praise for Reich.
For what it's worth they were the best team to lose in the wild card round and a helluva bit better than Chuck Pagano who had Luck.

P.S. Lurie is the guy who fired Andy Reid.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Do I think Doug Pederson is better than Kliff Kingsbury? His resume shows that it is.

Did he still manage to get fired despite that resume? Yes, so I don't know how big the gap is between the two of them.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

You: "Where did I say in that post that Arians didn’t matter? He was a good coach for us. Sorry, I’m not going to do backflips & hold him in a similar regard to the Doug Pedersons of the world"

Solar7: "What the hell has Doug Pederson done besides one streaky Super Bowl run? His teams play in the garbage NFC East and have barely held on to do anything that matters outside of that one year. He has had a ton of talent to work with for years. He's an alright coach, but that's about it."

You: "What’s streaky about it? He has made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years there & the 1 year he missed it, it was his & Wentz’s rookie year. You know you, me, & everyone else here would be doing backflips if Arians did what Pederson has done, especially with a backup(!!!!) QB. He doesn’t have a ton of talent. He just has a good OLine/DLine. Most of the skill positions players leave a lot to be desired."

So either you're just arguing for the sake of it, or you changed you whole opinion of a coaches career based on one season where practically the whole of the O line was out, plus some of the backups and where for large chunks of the season the entire starting WR corps and DB corps have been out.

It's fair to think a little less of someone after a bad season, but I'm not sure how you go from Pederson is great to "Pederson only ever won anything because of Reid and Reich".
I had to do a double take here to figure out where I came in. I didn't realize this was a long time ago.

Arians > Pederson > Kingsbury.

And, yeah, I think @DVontel's quick to jump from "they're great" to "they're trash" a little faster than needed. Pederson will get another head coaching job, I imagine. If not, he'll at least be a highly regarded candidate at OC.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do we want a coach that was trying to get fired?

Right? Especially when we already have that guy after that 3rd and 18 option call with a QB on a bad leg, followed up by a wave the white flag 4th down punt with 3 minutes left, down 11 with the playoffs on the line.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do I think Doug Pederson is better than Kliff Kingsbury? His resume shows that it is.

Did he still manage to get fired despite that resume? Yes, so I don't know how big the gap is between the two of them.

How many coaches don't get fired if they are around long enough? There are very few Mike Tomlins and Sean Paytons and their time will come.

At the end of the day the football world was surprised Pederson was fired. Or left by "mutual consent". It seems Pederson wanted out because the FO were telling him who he had to fire as they did with Mike Groh last yeah and Pederson had enough of the interference and wanted out so he refused to do it this year.

It's not like they fired him because he was garbage.

I said towards the end of the season that I didn't want Kliff fired, but that was before the Rams game which I thought was just abysmal. From the decision that Streveler was a better backup than Hundley (clearly not) to running a speed option on 3rd and 18 with a gimpy QB, the whole game was a disaster. We held the Rams to 18 in a crucial game and we couldn't score 19. Kliff crapped the bed.

I've also said before that I think there are very few head coaches that could properly make use of Kyler. I think Pederson is one of them. He did well with Hurts late in the season and I think if we want a HC with NFL experience, a good record and a SB win that would fit this offense Pederson is a rare opportunity.

On saying that I know it won't happen, but if we only talked about things that will happen this board would be empty :)

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
How many coaches don't get fired if they are around long enough? There are very few Mike Tomlins and Sean Paytons and their time will come.

At the end of the day the football world was surprised Pederson was fired. Or left by "mutual consent". It seems Pederson wanted out because the FO were telling him who he had to fire as they did with Mike Groh last yeah and Pederson had enough of the interference and wanted out so he refused to do it this year.

It's not like they fired him because he was garbage.

I said towards the end of the season that I didn't want Kliff fired, but that was before the Rams game which I thought was just abysmal. From the decision that Streveler was a better backup than Hundley (clearly not) to running a speed option on 3rd and 18 with a gimpy QB, the whole game was a disaster. We held the Rams to 18 in a crucial game and we couldn't score 19. Kliff crapped the bed.

I've also said before that I think there are very few head coaches that could properly make use of Kyler. I think Pederson is one of them. He did well with Hurts late in the season and I think if we want a HC with NFL experience, a good record and a SB win that would fit this offense Pederson is a rare opportunity.

On saying that I know it won't happen, but if we only talked about things that will happen this board would be empty :)

The football world was not surprised in the least, and the football world is probably expecting Wentz to be next now

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The QB situation is thought to,have put him at odds with Lurie and his GM. Case of a coach forced to play politics on a politics-laden team and winding up over his head.

Last edited:

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

This is bull. We should be opening up the bank to make him an offensive coordinator here. Let he and Kliff both get eyes on the offense and work together on maximizing it. As long as Pederson doesn't mind Kliff having final say.

Pederson would add a tremendous amount of experience and a winning culture to our staff. Its what Keim wants to try and do with Vance Joseph. I would take Pederson as our new HC...but if hes willing to work as an OC next year it would be great to bring him here.

It all comes down to what part of the offense is Kliff willing to open up to someone else...up to and including playcalling.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson