MCU: WandaVision (Disney+)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This trailer feels like they're trying too hard or something. Just tell me what it's about.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A little different. Confusing but also know there will be explanations of the weirdness.

I'm going to guess Wanda is running the show due to missing Vision.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife and I watched the two eps last night and we'll be tuning in for more. It's certainly different.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you guys notice the logo on the watch commercial?

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, here is my issue after watching the first two episodes.

There is an underlying story being told to us in secret masquerading as superficial fluff.

it’s not the most enjoyable watch to try and find the clues through the fluff. If you enjoy the fluff, then great, but this is a show that demands your attention and focus while throwing at you the most disposable format it could create.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, here is my issue after watching the first two episodes.

There is an underlying story being told to us in secret masquerading as superficial fluff.

it’s not the most enjoyable watch to try and find the clues through the fluff. If you enjoy the fluff, then great, but this is a show that demands your attention and focus while throwing at you the most disposable format it could create.

Yup, I'm ready to get going on the actual story.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This may be the most brilliant thing Marvel has ever done.

it’s pretty good. I really like it because it’s a new wrinkle from Marvel. They are crushing everyone and it’s because they’re smart enough to know when to evolve to keep their product fresh and innovative. That is what has and will continue to make them the most consistent juggernaut in all of Hollywood, possibly of all time when all’s said and done.

What Kevin Feige has accomplished in just 13 years is nothing short of mind-blowing.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I am really liking this show. I'm not into super hero movies, so I have no idea about Vision and Wanda's backstory. It's certainly refreshing/different kind of show.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am really liking this show. I'm not into super hero movies, so I have no idea about Vision and Wanda's backstory. It's certainly refreshing/different kind of show.
This far, almost in spite of their backstory, it’s not been much of a superhero show. More like an x-files (or what I think x-files is like considering I never watched an episode - so by all means the more familiar can disabuse me of that notion).

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This far, almost in spite of their backstory, it’s not been much of a superhero show. More like an x-files (or what I think x-files is like considering I never watched an episode - so by all means the more familiar can disabuse me of that notion).
I will just say you should watch the X-Files as soon as possible.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I actually starting rewatching the X-Files a little over a week ago. Couple episodes into season 2 right now. I've been skipping a bunch of the monster of the week episodes though. Those were never my favorite so I'm just picking the ones I liked best.

@Ouchie-Z-Clown if you do watch it, give it time to grow. Rewatching it after a number of years now the acting and writing in the pilot and first couple were pretty stiff.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually starting rewatching the X-Files a little over a week ago. Couple episodes into season 2 right now. I've been skipping a bunch of the monster of the week episodes though. Those were never my favorite so I'm just picking the ones I liked best.

Some of them are skippable but there's a few that are among my favorites from the show. Ice, for example, in the first season feels like a well done version of The Thing (or the short story it came from). I typically liked the monster of the week episodes when they took place all in one area (usually remote) rather than the big city monsters.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Katherine Hahn’s character was not identified by SWORD. Another data point that she’s likely a supernatural person and tied to the villain as either a liaison or adversary.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was really worried about Episode 4 being so different but as usual Marvel ups the ante. This show is simply brilliant. Honestly, make Kevin Feige the king of everything Disney.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elizabeth Olsen has been so great in this bat poop crazy series that I am never shaken out of the WTF moments.

I never am really sure what I am seeing or who the Wizard of Oz is.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose