Arizona Cardinals off season news for the week of January 11, 2021

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is pretty cool.

In Gosselin's rankings, the Cardinals were fifth-best in kickoff coverage, fifth in fewest penalties (only seven, for 31 yards), tied for first with three takeaways and first in opponent's starting point (the 23.3-yard line.)

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Special team coverage was very good minus 1 or 3 returns. Take our FG mishaps, and lack of punt return yards out of the equation and they played at a high level

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Special team coverage was very good minus 1 or 3 returns. Take our FG mishaps, and lack of punt return yards out of the equation and they played at a high level
I agree.... with the exception of our place kicker our special teams were pretty impressive

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we ever fired Vance I'd have no problem with Jeff Rodgers having a shot at DC.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we ever fired Vance I'd have no problem with Jeff Rodgers having a shot at DC.
Why? He has zero experience coaching anywhere except for special teams. You don’t thrust someone with no experience on one side of the ball into a coaching position.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why? He has zero experience coaching anywhere except for special teams. You don’t thrust someone with no experience on one side of the ball into a coaching position.

Because he's a good coach. Just because he's only worked ST's doesn't mean he can't run a defense.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have heard of special teams coaches becoming head coaches (Harbaugh)

I have never heard of ST coaches becoming a DC.

The strangest thing a football team has done is bring in a former dc to be a TEs coach. (Mangini)

So I guess it can be done.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Because he's a good coach. Just because he's only worked ST's doesn't mean he can't run a defense.
I understand he’s a good coach, but with zero defensive background, who would call the plays? In the film room what can he diagnose to put together a game plan to stop the opponent? These are important to being a DC.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Imagine if one said, "just because he's only worked ST's doesn't mean he can't run an offence."

Obviously, the offence is more complex, but defence is not simply, "line-up and react".

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine if one said, "just because he's only worked ST's doesn't mean he can't run an offence."

Obviously, the offence is more complex, but defence is not simply, "line-up and react".

I know but it's not like STC haven't become DCs or HCs in the history of the NFL

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kliff and Vance have been running a hustle on Bidwll.

Both should be gone, but it is what it is.

Reaction score
Kliff and Vance have been running a hustle on Bidwll.

Both should be gone, but it is what it is.

We've seen the offense & defense both improve each year. Progress is obviously being made but not as fast as some on here want it to be. Some want overnight Superbowl champs. We were 3 & 13 two years ago.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We've seen the offense & defense both improve each year. Progress is obviously being made but not as fast as some on here want it to be. Some want overnight Superbowl champs. We were 3 & 13 two years ago.

Vance's track record in the NFL has been on a downward slope, he shows no ability to evolve his defense around his players.

Kliff, well is Kliff.

We will next year. Hopefull lessons are learned and growth takes place

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vance's track record in the NFL has been on a downward slope, he shows no ability to evolve his defense around his players.

Kliff, well is Kliff.

We will next year. Hopefull lessons are learned and growth takes place

Right. No adjustments to losing CJ or a decimated D-line, etc., etc. :bang:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose