Patrick Surtain II at 16

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That draft source is whacked out. I went to their site and that mock is on an island all by itself. Some crazy pick positions. Surtain is the #1/2 rated CB and NFL loves CBs. Even with the QB and WR runs I don't see him dropping out of top 10. I would love to see him drop to the Cards. Jaycee Horn CB So Car would be available at 16.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m taking the best offensive weapon on the board at 16 and not looking back

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
a top CB is a solid pick for us, along with a top WR, OT, or DE/Edge/OLB.

It will truly come down to if and which top 10 player should fall way down to us at 16. Players I would think we would love to see slip through the cracks and fall that far include: WRs - D.Smith/Chase, OT - Sewell, ILB - Parsons, TE - Pitts. The other top 10 rated players all seem to be QBs. The hard part is how these possible top 10s slide by the teams picking 11-15. Seems unlikely they would get to us.

More likely scenario is which one of the players ranked between 11-20 that we might be interested in are there for us. Maybe those include: Rousseau-Edge, Farley-CB, Cosmi-OT, Waddle-WR, Slater-G/C, Collins-OLB, Nixon-DT, Etienne-RB.

Others that we might decide to reach a bit for might include: Harris-RB, Darrisaw-OT, Barmore-DT, Tryon/Phillips- DEs, Davis/Smith-OGs, Bolton-LB, Olave/other-WRs.

I smell a Poll coming on!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or another slot CB, or a CB best suited to switch to safety.

Lots can happen between now and the draft, but I don't see Surtain being available. It'd be a gift if he was.
Jaycee Horn will be the pick.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then u see Fairley flying in 40's and putting crazy numbers
Combine is overrated but it makes the difference

It's not even close for me. Farley opted out so only 2 years of tape and only 2 years playing CB. Surtain has 3 years and went up against much stronger opposition. I'd take Surtain over Farley all day.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not even close for me. Farley opted out so only 2 years of tape and only 2 years playing CB. Surtain has 3 years and went up against much stronger opposition. I'd take Surtain over Farley all day.
I do but I say it's not the first time a better prospect slide down in favor of a workout warrior

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then u see Fairley flying in 40's and putting crazy numbers
Combine is overrated but it makes the difference
40 time for CBs is needed more than overrated than anything. Farley also has some advantages over Surtain.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If I had my druthers, I'd go:
Round 1-CB
Round 2-WR or RB (highest rated on their board)
Round 3-RB or WR (whichever we didn't get in the 2nd)

I don't in a 1,000 years want Keim drafting another 2nd-round receiver. I'd MUCH rather we sign a FA to address the #2 spot.

As to the OP, I'd love this pick.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave