Hawks @ Suns Wednesday game thread 1-13-2021 (postponed)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns return home for three games. They play the Hawks on Wednesday.

On Friday and Saturday they play back-to-back games against the Warriors and Pacers.

Hawks are 5-5 on the season after winning their last game on Monday against the 76ers 112-94.

Suns are now 7-4 losing two of three games on there recent road trip back East.

Game time is scheduled for 7 p.m. Arizona time.

The game will be televised on FSAZ.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As of now, it looks like the game is a go. The Suns played the Wizards on Monday.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Payne is listed as doubtful and Jalen Smith remains out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what the Hawks injury report looks like.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tonight's Suns game has been postponed

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns loss to the Wizards and tonight's postponement adds more insult to the embarrassment on Monday.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might be for the best. This team is a mess right now.

No matter how you care to spin it, this team is 7-4 despite having played only 4 home games. And there are only 3 teams in the entire league with a better winning percentage than we have despite losing 3 of our last 5. We have some issues but we've seen a "mess" before and this isn't it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No matter how you care to spin it, this team is 7-4 despite having played only 4 home games. And there are only 3 teams in the entire league with a better winning percentage than we have despite losing 3 of our last 5. We have some issues but we've seen a "mess" before and this isn't it.

I want to agree with you, however the performances against Detroit and Washington are disturbing. I am getting some flashbacks to last seasons hot start and flameout.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Awww dangit was looking forward to watching suns.... especially young for hawks

But maybe some rest is goid for suns get there minds right

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to agree with you, however the performances against Detroit and Washington are disturbing. I am getting some flashbacks to last seasons hot start and flameout.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe we're much better than last season (yet). But keep in mind our strong start last season was fueled by a healthy and complete team, something we lost near the end of that start with Ayton's suspension which was followed by other key losses. I think our potential exceeds last season's potential by a little but most importantly, until we lose key players, we remain poised to meet and exceed that potential.

Again, we've seen some really bad Suns teams over the past decade and this team is nowhere close to those teams. Yes, we've had 3 horrible half's but look around the league and you'll see we're not alone as most teams are still coming together following the shortened preseason/training camp.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I don't believe we're much better than last season (yet). But keep in mind our strong start last season was fueled by a healthy and complete team, something we lost near the end of that start with Ayton's suspension which was followed by other key losses. I think our potential exceeds last season's potential by a little but most importantly, until we lose key players, we remain poised to meet and exceed that potential.

Again, we've seen some really bad Suns teams over the past decade and this team is nowhere close to those teams. Yes, we've had 3 horrible half's but look around the league and you'll see we're not alone as most teams are still coming together following the shortened preseason/training camp.

That hot start wasn’t with the full team last year. Ayton was suspended after the first game of the year.

I’ve definitely got last years hot start vibes, but not willing to say we’re going down the same ugly road that team did at this point.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Our problem is that with the exception of the blip that is the game at Indiana, we have become progressively worse since the 4th quarter in Denver...

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Last year Baynes was red hot to start the season. That skews the performance of last year's team as we saw the year progress.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Last year Baynes was red hot to start the season. That skews the performance of last year's team as we saw the year progress.

And this year, Bridges was red hot to start the season...

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe we restart hot again. Then 7 games from now they all start coughing get a game postponed and restart hot again. I guess any rest/practice we can get could help.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That hot start wasn’t with the full team last year. Ayton was suspended after the first game of the year.

I’ve definitely got last years hot start vibes, but not willing to say we’re going down the same ugly road that team did at this point.

You're right, I knew it was early but I'd forgotten how early. I guess it was just Baynes and Rubio that went down right after that hot start.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Covid sucks, was looking forward to it.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right, I knew it was early but I'd forgotten how early. I guess it was just Baynes and Rubio that went down right after that hot start.

Baynes was also playing out of his mind those first seven or so games.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Covid sucks, was looking forward to it.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

same. Would have at least killed some hours for me.

just a great year for me to shell out money to watch this team.