Pick 16

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I think this is valid. The return element of Waddle is something that has to be considered and valued as AZ does not have much in that department. How much value, I don't know, but it is a need.

Waddle might be a true slot guy --

with Fitz likely retiring, nobody else really on the roster...

it would be an easier pick if they signed a bigger bodied outside vet

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Olave will be another player who will have an interesting matchup vs Alabama (similar to Wyatt Davis). He looked so clean and fast vs Clemson that I really am questioning what I aw from him prior. Maybe it is just because I know Clemson has better athletes than most programs but I never thought Olave was a 4.3 guy and he looked like he could be when watching that game.

Agreed. Olave looked legit vs Clemson and its hard to argue with his production this year. 6 games played - 5 100 yard games and 7 TD's.

Wyatt Davis didn't look like an elite G to me vs Clemson.

Reaction score
I don't but here is your rank.

Kyle Pitts
Jamar Chase
Jaylen Waddle
Chris Olave
Terrance Marshall Jr.
DeVonta Smith

People will freak out about Pitts being number 1, but his value increases because of the personnel decision it forces DC's to make. You can't just slap your #2 CB on Pitts and most teams do not have Ss big enough or LBs fast enough to match up with Pitts. It also impacts the run game. If teams go smaller to match up with Pitts, you have a size advantage in the run game. If they go larger, you have a speed advantage in the play action and vertical passing game.

Would it be possible the Cards trade up for Pitts or would they be able to stay at 16 & get him? Where would you project him going in other words?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I really like Pitts as well. I just truly hope he's ready to contribute day 1. That can be tricky for TE's.

football karma

Reaction score
TE seems to be a position that the NFL has a hard time scouting

the best two were 3rd and 5th round picks (IIRC)

meanwhile in the first round: Eric Ebron, Evan Engram, OJ Howard, Hayden Hurst etc are just guys

TJ Hockensen is pretty good i guess

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I really like Pitts as well. I just truly hope he's ready to contribute day 1. That can be tricky for TE's.
I would argue that what is different is that Kliff likes to spread things out and Maxx is on the roster for blocking purposes. Also, Pitts can be used like a WR so essentially a bigger, faster Larry Fitzgerald. So, our usage of that role should enable him to contribute right away.

All that said, Rashawn Slater.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A poster on reddit mentioned that we need taller receivers so its easier for Kyler to see them from pocket. Never thought of that myself but he may have a point lol

I can believe that, I dont think Kyler has learned out to create his own throwing yet so that would be way to go for the near term.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Farley's style of play reminds me a lot of Patrick Peterson. Not super interested in the run game despite great size. Able to play soft and recover due to this athleticism. Maybe I am missing it, but he doesn't seem have the Richard Sherman dog in him that I want out of a CB.

Also, his opt out was so weird for me. He had two years with injuries, and only 2 years experience at the position.He was a 3 star out of High School and recruited to be a WR. Also, his level of competition in the ACC is suspect at best IMO. Especially since he never played vs Clemson.

I just don't understand why he felt he had nothing left to prove or show once it was decided that the ACC would resume play. I think he will get eaten up at the NFL level early and I hope he has the confidence to bounce back. NFL WRs are no joke and his unrefined game will be targeted. (I understand that this may be in the running for future freezing cold takes but he is one of my biggest red flags in the first round)
Thought I responded to this.

Farley isn’t the best tackler, but he still shows more violence & doesn’t willingly let ball-carriers by like Peterson does.

Jalen Ramsey played in the ACC & he’s arguably the best CB in the league. Marshon Lattimore played in the Big 10 which is an awful passing league & he’s one of the best CBs in the league.

Farley has everything you want in a CB. Measurables, hip fluidity, recovery speed, plays the ball, great in press, competent run stopper. Durability is a cause for concern, but there are much bigger red flags to me.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I’m going Farley in round 1 , Olave in round 2.

But I have a feeling if Olave has a big game Monday, he’ll move into round 1.
It will be interesting to see who Surtain covers. Garret Wilson is another stud.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CBS Sports - FARLEY

NFL comparison

Floor: Prince Amukamara
Middle: Bradley Roby
Ceiling: Byron Jones

I'm going with a floor / middle ground / ceiling comparison for Farley because I felt like it'd give a good general idea of the type of player he is and provide a broad range of outcomes for his level of success in the NFL when considering factors outside his control (coaching, scheme, etc.) once he gets to the league.

Amukamara was the first corner picked in the 2011 draft after thriving as a fast, ultra-athletic man corner at Nebraska. While he's never made a Pro Bowl in his nine pro seasons, the 6-foot-1 corner has had 10-plus pass breakups in five separate years and a pair of three-pick campaigns. He can play.

Roby was a first-round pick in 2014 out of Ohio State, and like Amukamara, ran sub-4.4 at his combine. Also like Amukamara, his flashes are elite even though he's not super consistent. Roby has logged double-digit pass breakups in four of his six seasons in the NFL with a total of nine interceptions to date.

Jones, a first-round selection in 2017, would be the high benchmark for Farley. The shiny free-agent signing by the Miami Dolphins is probably more explosive than Farley with a slightly stiffer midsection. He was a second-team All-Pro in 2018 with the Dallas Cowboys and has emerged as one of the most reliable, big corners in the NFL.

Farley has the size and on-field traits closely comparable to all three of those corners, and, like them, will land in the first round of the NFL Draft. Because he's tall and so talented, he'll enjoy a long, successful pro career.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He got hurt, but Wyatt Davis struggled like I was worried he would against the power of Alabama up front. REally struggled with Barmore who blends power and quickness even though he is super raw. Non contact injury makes me think ACL which would take the first round out of it, but even healthy, not a top 20 guy for me.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Olave looked better than his statline. Not sure he will be there is round 2 but he would be a great option.

Some guys have Leatherwood as a first rounder, I don't see it. He almost would have to play OG from what I can see.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
He got hurt, but Wyatt Davis struggled like I was worried he would against the power of Alabama up front. REally struggled with Barmore who blends power and quickness even though he is super raw. Non contact injury makes me think ACL which would take the first round out of it, but even healthy, not a top 20 guy for me.

I just don't see it with Wyatt Davis.

What do we think about this guy? 6-4/350

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You must be registered for see images attach

football karma

Reaction score
Some guys have Leatherwood as a first rounder, I don't see it. He almost would have to play OG from what I can see.

Leatherwood is on my list of targets in the 2nd round with the intention that he is a guard

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
FWIW, Waddle is listed as smaller than Isabella at 5'10 180. Devonte is listed at 176 but at least he's 6'1 so he can likely add some weight. In fact, he will add weight naturally just by maturing.
Have you seen his frame? I can’t recall any nfl player with a more slight frame ever.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm always a fan of physical freaks.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

For Deonte Brown it is going to be about his ability to move. Lots of NFL teams run stunts and if OGs can't move their feet, it can lead to big problems on the interior. Not saying this is the case with him, but it is the concern.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
can Deonte Brown pull?

For Deonte Brown it is going to be about his ability to move.

He looks like the G version of Mekhi Becton.

https://twitter.com/mikegolicjr/status/1204962536426278917?s=20

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Vs Derek Brown (If you watch the game last year, first play had Deonte pulling for Najee 15-20 yards downfield blocking. Outside of these two plays - I saw him put Derek Brown on the ground 3 times.

First video is vs A&M

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose