Doug Pederson

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Also look like he rode Frank Reich’s cocktails to that Super Bowl win.
If you want Doug here, then you better ask to bring Reich with him too.

Pederson still took the team to 2 more playoff appearances without Reich.

2020 seems like an anomaly. Makes sense with rift going on with him and franchise QB.

OP
OP
MaoTosiFanClub

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Steve Keim and Bidwill need to fly Peterson out and see if he is willing to come on as a senior offensive assistant / Kliffs mentor
Hahaha, Pederson won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles. Ya think he's going to report up to a career loser who can't crack .500 every year even with Mahomes and Kyler Murray?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pederson will get another NFL HC job. IMO it will probably be for the 2022 season, he might even get some interviews right now with teams looking for a HC. He may want to take year off.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why can’t I shake the feeling that if he coached this Cards team they’d be preparing for a divisional playoff game this weekend?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IMO, Jeffrey Lurie is a pretty damn good owner. Long winded presser, but he’s willing to make the difficult decisions. Spoke glowingly of Pederson, but that it was the best mutual decision to split. Not sure Michael is capable of making such a decision. Michael would probably concede 50% ownership to the first Cardinal coach to win a SB.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I say hire Pederson and trade Murray for Watson and watch the Super Bowl roll in...

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
IMO, Jeffrey Lurie is a pretty damn good owner. Long winded presser, but he’s willing to make the difficult decisions. Spoke glowingly of Pederson, but that it was the best mutual decision to split. Not sure Michael is capable of making such a decision. Michael would probably concede 50% ownership to the first Cardinal coach to win a SB.

We will see how smart he is in the next couple of years. Head Coaches who win a super bowl and get to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years don't usually lose their job.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also look like he rode Frank Reich’s cocktails to that Super Bowl win.

If you want Doug here, then you better ask to bring Reich with him too.

I mean, he was OC of a Chiefs team that went 11-5 and finished 3rd in PPG, 9-7 and 11-5 again (9th in PPG).

But let's just ignore that and say it was Reich.

It's an odd thing to say really considering Pederson had a better record as an OC than Reich, became a HC off the back of that and won a superbowl in his 2nd season, but it's all Reich.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think Mike Bidwill gets too much credit just because he's a "nice guy".

In my opinion he's a pretty poor owner.

He interferes too much. He's way too involved in football operations. He's too conservative. His GM's are seemingly chosen based on their willingness to let Mike play with their toys.

The most consistent teams have the owners that run a football team without interfering in the football side. The worst teams such as Bengals, Cowboys, Jags, Washington etc and teams like the Brown's have only gotten better now Haslam has stepped back.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He interferes too much. He's way too involved in football operations. He's too conservative. His GM's are seemingly chosen based on their willingness to let Mike play with their toys.

The most consistent teams have the owners that run a football team without interfering in the football side. The worst teams such as Bengals, Cowboys, Jags, Washington etc and teams like the Brown's have only gotten better now Haslam has stepped back.

U are not saying anything wrong, it's the reality, facts

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean, he was OC of a Chiefs team that went 11-5 and finished 3rd in PPG, 9-7 and 11-5 again (9th in PPG).

It's an odd thing to say really considering Pederson had a better record as an OC than Reich, became a HC off the back of that and won a superbowl in his 2nd season, but it's all Reich.
Was it cause of him? Or was it because he was Reid’s lackey?

Matt Nagy was the OC for those Chiefs team that finished 12-4 & 10-6. Guess what fanbase wants him fired from their team?

Tell me why the Eagles’ offense turned stale ever since Reich left after the Super Bowl. Tell me why the Colts have been better than the Eagles since Reich got there despite having Brissett starting in 2019 & a over the hill Philip Rivers?

Your own hatred of Kliff doesn’t even have you thinking straight, but then I remembered who I’m talking to.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

The apple never falls far from the tree.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Being OC on an Andy Reid staff is being a glorified clipboard carrier. Good learning experience, but not one where you get to call the shots.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was it cause of him? Or was it because he was Reid’s lackey?

Matt Nagy was the OC for those Chiefs team that finished 12-4 & 10-6. Guess what fanbase wants him fired from their team?

Tell me why the Eagles’ offense turned stale ever since Reich left after the Super Bowl. Tell me why the Colts have been better than the Eagles since Reich got there despite having Brissett starting in 2019 & a over the hill Philip Rivers?

Your own hatred of Kliff doesn’t even have you thinking straight, but then I remembered who I’m talking to.

He must be the luckiest coach ever. 3 winning seasons as an OC and 3 out of 5 as a HC (and a 7-9) and all because of other coaches.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He must be the luckiest coach ever. 3 winning seasons as an OC and 3 out of 5 as a HC (and a 7-9) and all because of other coaches.
Stop acting like a OC under Andy Reid actually matters.

Congrats to him on going 9-7 in a awful division twice & the other due to Frank Reich’s obvious brilliance.