Suns @ Wizards Monday game thread 1-11-2021

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I never said this. I consistently said Ayton has to make himself better.

Also, You were FOR the trade so spare me your normal drivel only when we lose.

I WAS for the trade...until CP3 looked done during preseason.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think Booker is the bigger disappointment. I know what Ayton is he’s not a star he’s never shown he’s wanted it so I don’t expect him to change who he is

but this was supposed to be Bookers big year. He’s been horrible and a turnover machine and missing free throws. He just seems like he’s the problem on our offense
I can’t disagree with the book part. But big soft serve talks a big game. Never backs it up.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I can’t disagree with the book part. But big soft serve talks a big game. Never backs it up.

Sadly, this team appears farther away from sustained success than last year's team. Both Booker and Ayton have taken huge steps backward, and I can't help but think Chris Paul has something to do with that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Booker is the bigger disappointment. I know what Ayton is he’s not a star he’s never shown he’s wanted it so I don’t expect him to change who he is

but this was supposed to be Bookers big year. He’s been horrible and a turnover machine and missing free throws. He just seems like he’s the problem on our offense

they’re both disappointments this season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns defense was not there tonight. Neither was their offense as they shot 4-27 from 3-point range (14.8%).

Suns missed backup point guard Cam Payne not that it would have been enough. Payne gives the Suns some defense and shot creation in addition to ball handling.

Booker had zero assists tonight and Carter only 1.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I want to see ayton shoot 20 times per game. I don’t care if he misses all of them.

He’s passive as hell and seems fine with taking a back seat to Chris Paul. They need to force him to shoot. Maybe he can’t handle it and he’ll shoot 40%, but if he’s a zero on offense this team has no future. It would be nice to see what he’s capable of.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Except none of those things happened tonight. The team is to blame, as always, but not Book specifically.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fourth road game in six nights? Feels like an excuse but that's all I've got.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He doesn't want it. You could see it in Tucson.

Wait.... what? There is a Suns only league pass?!?
Don’t inquire further and make the same mistake I did.

but yes... you can buy games ala carte or just for one team now. If you live out of state... join me in stupid, poorer misery.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I went to the gym thinking this would be an easy game. Got back, turned it on, thinking I'd relax and enjoy a great game. Boy, was I wrong! I think I finally understand the saying, "I literally can't even."

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
There is something broken with that kid. He literally has added NOTHING to his game offensively since the moment he stepped on the court his rookie year. And he’s only LOST aggressiveness over time on that side of the court.

On D he’s gone from atrocious to average/above average. But good lord... in that draft, to come away with a guy this mentally weak with the first pick is really disappointing. Year three should be the one where his entire game take a major leap, not be a major heap.

and yes, I realize there are other problems on this team. But none is bigger, figuratively and literally, than MasturbAyton becoming just a big stiff.

I’ve been saying it since UA there’s something off about him. He lives in a different world and can’t be reached. NBA coaches these days need a phD in psychology to deal with these kids’ minds.

I find it funny ppl here still want to pay him. You don’t pay potential franchise crippling money to guys who don’t care about being the best player they can. Booker isn’t a superstar or complete player but nobody batted an eye at that contract cause he’s a dog. This might be the rare time having Sarver might actually prevent them from making a financial mistake.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"We do have to figure it out. A lot of the games that we've won, we've been carried by our bench." - Devin Booker

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
"We do have to figure it out. A lot of the games that we've won, we've been carried by our bench." - Devin Booker

He's right. At this point, I think the Suns really only have two options:

1. Trade Booker; or

2. Trade Paul and Ayton to Minnesota for Towns and Russell.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's right. At this point, I think the Suns really only have two options:

1. Trade Booker; or

2. Trade Paul and Ayton to Minnesota for Towns and Russell.

uuuuh it’s a little early for that

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't wanna hear any crying, this is what most of you wanted. OOOHHHHH CP3 the Point God we have to do that. How could we go wrong. Welp ... HERE WE ARE!

"We don't need a PF" to keep our shooters untouched we need a Point God.

We traded the point god (RUBIO) to get this old slow the game down geriatric mess up the chemistry ima teach everyone this and that BS artist. So here we are DEAL WITH IT.

Get behind the team YOU wanted or ****!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't wanna hear any crying, this is what most of you wanted. OOOHHHHH CP3 the Point God we have to do that. How could we go wrong. Welp ... HERE WE ARE!

"We don't need a PF" to keep our shooters untouched we need a Point God.

We traded the point god (RUBIO) to get this old slow the game down geriatric mess up the chemistry ima teach everyone this and that BS artist. So here we are DEAL WITH IT.

Get behind the team YOU wanted or ****!

you realize the great Ricky Rubio is averaging a whopping 6 points and 5 assists, shooting 39% from 2 and 26% from 3 for the woeful 3-7 Wolves.

this post is a little over the top.

but there are problems that need to get worked out on this team. To early to go completely off the rails like the above.

that said, the fast start definitely could have been fools gold.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
you realize the great Ricky Rubio is averaging a whopping 6 points and 5 assists, shooting 39% from 2 and 26% from 3 for the woeful 3-7 Wolves.

this post is a little over the top.

but there are problems that need to get worked out on this team. To early to go completely off the rails like the above.

that said, the fast start definitely could have been fools gold.
What was he averaging with the suns a team he knew with players that were uninjured in a system that was good for a REAL PG. Without taking shots away from DBook and others.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was he averaging with the suns a team he knew with players that were uninjured in a system that was good for a REAL PG,

do you remember last season before the bubble when half of the teams rested their starters against us? This team wasn’t... eh. Maybe you’re right.

too early to tell, IMO but if you want to freak out, go for it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave