What's wrong with Booker?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He just utilizes the clock and possessions all wrong. Over dribbles, passes when he should shoot and shoots when he should pass. He doesn’t get himself and the teams shots within the game. Everything is forced. He’s just not good at running the show most times.

as Mainstreet pointed out, as well i noticed, he tried to get in a pissing match with Beal in the first half tonight.

We might need to face the very real possibility that Booker is a Stephon Marbury type: Capable of putting up big numbers as the alpha on a bad team, but not capable of leading a good team anywhere.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Book is in a slump because he is putting a lot of energy into defense. He is improving, but still not great on D, but he keeps asking for the other team's best player. That's my theory anyway.

I’m getting really tired of so many “he can’t walk and chew gum at the same time” excuses for why Ayton and Booker can’t play great at both ends of the court.

superstars do both. We don’t have one.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m getting really tired of so many “he can’t walk and chew gum at the same time” excuses for why Ayton and Booker can’t play great at both ends of the court.

Tough to argue with this.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Don't have to worry about that anymore, as Booker now sucks on both ends of the floor.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I think Book is in a slump because he is putting a lot of energy into defense. He is improving, but still not great on D, but he keeps asking for the other team's best player. That's my theory anyway.
Bridges is the Wing who guards the other team's best player, isn't he?

I hate to keep repeating it, but Book is putting a lot of energy into
playing and guarding the point. And the frustration of making a lot
of turnovers.

Book is trying to be like Kobe, which is admirable, but he is not,
which is frustrating.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges is the Wing who guards the other team's best player, isn't he?

I hate to keep repeating it, but Book is putting a lot of energy into
playing and guarding the point. And the frustration of making a lot
of turnovers.

Book is trying to be like Kobe, which is admirable, but he is not,
which is frustrating.

What game did Booker guard the opposing PG for more than a possession here and there?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Expand your thinking, Cheese! There is more to basketball than play on the court.

DBook was our alpha dog in the backcourt and, even then, he wasn't voted to the
All Star team. Now he is sharing the backcourt with another alpha, CP3. His chance
of being voted an All Star is even less.

Don't you understand that DBook is motivated by fame, such as being a Kardashian?

It is reminiscent of the Suns employing three lead Point Guards a few years ago.
They need a sports psychologist on the staff. One whom Sarver will allow to do his job.

I call total B.S. on this. Book has said things in the past about how competitive he is, both the front office has made comments not to mention the fans about how worried they are about Book staying and not bolting. Someone who ONLY cares about fame wouldn't have all the talk swirling around that if the team doesn't start winning soon he is out.

You CANNOT add someone like CP3 and pretend it's not going to change the dynamics of the team. It's unrealistic.

Booker seems like he is pressing like he did back when he was the only option for offense on this team. During that time he was making a ton of bad decisions with the ball but it was obvious why. He seems to be back in that mode at times but it might be because the entire team is trying to still figure out the dynamic of having a ball handler on the team besides Book.

They need to figure it out but I am not surprised even in the in the slightest the team is having trouble adjusting from Book being the guy that everything runs through.

I am actually more surprised that people are surprised this is how it's going (which isn't all bad). The Western Conference is so close at this point had the Suns won the last game they are 8-4 and second place in the entire Western Conference. Not even close to panic time.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I call total B.S. on this. Book has said things in the past and the front office (not to mention fans) has been worried about Book bolting. Someone who ONLY cares about fame wouldn't have all the talk swirling around that if the team doesn't start winning soon he is out.

You CANNOT add someone like CP3 and pretend it's not going to change the dynamics of the team. It's unrealistic.

Booker seems like he is pressing like he did back when he was the only option for offense on this team. During that time he was making a ton of bad decisions with the ball but it was obvious why. He seems to be back in that mode at times but it might be because the entire team is trying to still figure out the dynamic of having a ball handler on the team besides Book.

They need to figure it out but I am not surprised even in the in the slightest the team is having trouble adjusting from when Book was without question the guy everything ran through.

I am actually more surprised that people are surprised this is how it's going (which isn't all bad). The Western Conference is so close at this point had the Suns won the last game they are 8-4 and second place in the entire Western Conference. Not even close to panic time.

Agree. A lot of teams are struggling to find their identity at this point with a quick turnaround to the season, new players, shortened preseason and dealing with COVID-19.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I've said, Booker is trying to find his role. I'm not worried about him finding his way. He's giving his all on defense and shows up in the 4th also. If the league doesn't shutdown then I suspect Booker will resemble who we all know before our 20th game, at the latest. He's looked better and more comfortable!e as the year has gone on already.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're banning the guy for thinking Booker sucks..? I thought there was an ignore function on this board...geez. You do you though.

This earned you a 3 day break. Read the board rules

OP
OP
eastcoastSUN

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Missed the Grizz game (1/18) but watched the highlights / replay. Yikes, Book had his worst game of the season (coming off a week long hiatus). 5/21 shooting, -10 PER. I think he is forcing it too much. The ball movement literally stops once he touches it. He is not on Harden's level to play legitimate iso ball (even then, Harden still can dish out 10+ dimes a game).

For those arguing that CP3 addition's has hurt Book's production - how should we resolve this? There is a -100% chance that Book would be moved to the bench. He needs the ball in his hands for his offense to get going, but we need CP3 to dictate the offense to set any flow. Kind of a conundrum that Monty needs to figure out.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like I've said, Booker is trying to find his role. I'm not worried about him finding his way. He's giving his all on defense and shows up in the 4th also. If the league doesn't shutdown then I suspect Booker will resemble who we all know before our 20th game, at the latest. He's looked better and more comfortable!e as the year has gone on already.

His role should be to score, he's our best scorer. He's not our best passer, thats cp3. When booker gets the defender on his hip, just shoot the damn ball! Score! Put the ball in the hoop, then the dominos will fall after that. I'm not sure why we are making him to play like cp3. I think at this point they're trying to develop Booker into that role. It isn't going well so far, i didn't go well last year and the year before when Booker was our facilitator instead of a scorer.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why do people find Kardashians so attractive? To me they look to plastic surgery type especially kim.... and there attitude ugh

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Why do people find Kardashians so attractive? To me they look to plastic surgery type especially kim.... and there attitude ugh

I think it has more to do with the lifestyle/vibe. Pro athletes don’t have any problem pulling any random 10...

In terms of that fake look I agree it’s not attractive. I just watched the Tiger HBO doc and the featured gal who was his mistress looked like she’d be flammable from all the plastic in her face and lips.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've managed to go through life without seeing any of them, that I know of. So I have no idea if they're beautiful, above average, average, below average or Dr Frankenstein's latest project.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Interesting take here, talks a lot about the pace being a lot slower and how this might be an advantage come playoff time if the team can figure it out down the line.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've managed to go through life without seeing any of them, that I know of. So I have no idea if they're beautiful, above average, average, below average or Dr Frankenstein's latest project.

You must be registered for see images attach

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I won't hold it against you. That picture will be forgotten before I go to bed tonight. Just out of curiosity, which member of the Kardashian clan am I forgetting tonight?

That would be the Queen of the Klan, the sex tape seductress responsible for the Kardashian pop culture assault on society, the one and only, Kim.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I was so unhinged about Book against Memphis that I made a bunch of statements about him that I regret. However, Booker's resume shows that this funk he's in is an anomaly. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he's getting accustomed to CP3 running the team.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose