Wild Card Weekend Games

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bring up the Simmons situation to Keim & you could immediately fry an egg on his bald head. In Keim’s mind, Simmons was a plug & play guy from day 1. If he knew for a second that it would take 8+ games for Simmons to see real minutes, I doubt he would have drafted him at 8. And he’s not blaming Simmons for that. There’s bad blood between Keim & Joseph.

He did everything by his own
He hired a coach we knew wasn't the most creative guy out there
Then he selected a hybrid safety linebacker
What should he expect
After the Simmons pick i posted how i was skeptical regarding Vance Joseph being able to use Simmons correctly

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
we couldn’t match it even if we wanted to

That was 2017 offseason we also had to pay Chandler Jones that year.

like I asked your brother please explain to me how your planning on paying Chandler Jones 80 million and CC 60 million in the same offseason
Not a capologist. But I see teams with lots of highly paid good players. Somehow they creatively do so.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bring up the Simmons situation to Keim & you could immediately fry an egg on his bald head. In Keim’s mind, Simmons was a plug & play guy from day 1. If he knew for a second that it would take 8+ games for Simmons to see real minutes, I doubt he would have drafted him at 8. And he’s not blaming Simmons for that. There’s bad blood between Keim & Joseph.
Then Joseph should be gone. If Mike B keeping him around it’s a big mistake but welp we can’t do anything about that unfortunately.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we couldn’t match it even if we wanted to

That was 2017 offseason we also had to pay Chandler Jones that year.

like I asked your brother please explain to me how your planning on paying Chandler Jones 80 million and CC 60 million in the same offseason

again, this is WRONG. This team should have never resigned Gresham to that atrocious 7 million dollar per year deal. He could have been replaced by a rookie FA who could have made as much of an impact as his worthless ass did. Right there, you could have thrown that 7 million per year at Campbell to make up the difference. Or you could have signed someone of the same level of pathetic production that Gresham gave us for four million dollars. There’s 3 million to add to Calais’ cume. Then, you have Bethel who was one of the worst CBs ever and wasn’t even playing special teams anymore. He was making 5 million per year. His ass should have either taken a pay cut because he was atrocious or he should have been cut outright. Valuing those two worthless players, who were a combined 12 million dollars the next season, instead of shifting that money towards CC was idiotic then and has only proven to be moving forward as Bethel was soon off the team, never to make anything close to his ludicrous 5 million per with us and Gresham was soon out of the league and an ugly dead cap hit for two years. Bottom line, Keim valued those two guys over CC and their salaries, Gresham’s ALONE could have been completely given over to CC and the offense wouldn’t have noticed for a second... except for gettin less moronic personal fouls penalties getting called on it.

I said this the moment we signed Gresham to that absolutely galling 4 year, 28 million dollar deal. That was a horrific decision that not only hur our cap but also make us talent deficient as well.

ultimate simplicity: I would have rather had CC @ 15 million per year for 4 years and totally invested in the D with a rookie TE, then Gresham making 7 million per year and a gaping hole on the D that STILL FOUR YEARS LATER hasn’t been filled.

Last edited:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Bethel did take a pay cut to 2.5 from the 5 million in 2017. I just don't remember if that was before or after Campbell was already gone or not. You're absolutely correct about Gresham. I have to admit I was wrong for i didn't think Campbell was worth the contract he signed with jacksonville, but he sure did earn it.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
again, this is WRONG. This team should have never resigned Gresham to that atrocious 7 million dollar per year deal. He could have been replaced by a rookie FA who could have made as much of an impact as his worthless ass did. Right there, you could have thrown that 7 million per year at Campbell to make up the difference. Or you could have signed someone of the same level of pathetic production that Gresham gave us for four million dollars. There’s 3 million to add to Calais’ cume. Then, you have Bethel who was one of the worst CBs ever and wasn’t even playing special teams anymore. He was making 5 million per year. His ass should have either taken a pay cut because he was atrocious or he should have been cut outright. Valuing those two worthless players, who were a combined 12 million dollars the next season, instead of shifting that money towards CC was idiotic then and has only proven to be moving forward as Bethel was soon off the team, never to make anything close to his ludicrous 5 million per with us and Gresham was soon out of the league and an ugly dead cap hit for two years. Bottom line, Keim valued those two guys over CC and their salaries, Gresham’s ALONE could have been completely given over to CC and the offense wouldn’t have noticed for a second... except for gettin less moronic personal fouls penalties getting called on it.

I said this the moment we signed Gresham to that absolutely galling 4 year, 28 million dollar deal. That was a horrific decision that not only hur our cap but also make us talent deficient as well.

ultimate simplicity: I would have rather had CC @ 15 million per year for 4 years and totally invested in the D with a rookie TE, then Gresham making 7 million per year and a gaping hole on the D that STILL FOUR YEARS LATER hasn’t been filled.

15 was his yearly salary but how are you getting his 36 million up front cause that’s what he got. 30 guaranteed and 6 signing bonus. When you do a contract in the NFL and you give someone guaranteed money you need to have that money on hand in the organization at the time of the signing if I’m not mistaken.

your trying to make it someone’s fault when in reality he got a huge offer from another team and took the money good for him

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Your arguing against yourself. Nobody is saying those guys are better. Of course CC is better than those guys but numbers are numbers.

Micheal Bennet signed a 3 year 30 million dollar contract at the time and the Jags came in and offered CC 60 million with 36 guaranteed they literally doubled it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bethel did take a pay cut to 2.5 from the 5 million in 2017. I just don't remember if that was before or after Campbell was already gone or not. You're absolutely correct about Gresham. I have to admit I was wrong for i didn't think Campbell was worth the contract he signed with jacksonville, but he sure did earn it.

it was what bothered me so much about that season. We were running back the entire team with the team and fans saying “one more run!”... but we were making that one more run... after a 7-9 season (I think) and we were going to make that BS run after losing one of the best players on the D? It was a dumb move from a personnel standpoint and an insulting PR campaign that that hollowed out husk of a team from 2015 was going to do anything.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your arguing against yourself. Nobody is saying those guys are better. Of course CC is better than those guys but numbers are numbers.

Micheal Bennet signed a 3 year 30 million dollar contract at the time and the Jags came in and offered CC 60 million with 36 guaranteed they literally doubled it.

you’re right. Numbers are numbers. We valued Gresham and Bethel at higher numbers than CC. We were wrong.

it’s okay to just admit you’re wrong sometimes.

the bottom line is the team could have resigned CC if they actually placed value on the right player. They didn’t. Period.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you’re right. Numbers are numbers. We valued Gresham and Bethel at higher numbers than CC. We were wrong.

it’s okay to just admit you’re wrong sometimes.

the bottom line is the team could have resigned CC if they actually placed value on the right player. They didn’t. Period.

explain to me how in 2017 your giving Chandler Jones 50 million guaranteed(82 million overall) and CC 36 Million guaranteed (60 million overall) for a grand total of 142 million on both of them.

your trying to point to that 15 million ignoring guaranteed money and the length of those contracts

that’s not how it works and you know that. Your honestly looking like a child trying to cling to this.

yes it is definitely ok to admit when your wrong and move on.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
explain to me how in 2017 your giving Chandler Jones 50 million guaranteed(82 million overall) and CC 36 Million guaranteed (60 million overall) for a grand total of 142 million on both of them.

your trying to point to that 15 million ignoring guaranteed money and the length of those contracts

that’s not how it works and you know that. Your honestly looking like a child trying to cling to this.

yes it is definitely ok to admit when your wrong and move on.

Put an extra voidable year on the back end of both to carry some of the cap hit.

It's not ideal, but it's doable.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has Keim addressed the media about the season yet? I’ve heard from some of his close PA friends that he is PISSED, PISSED, PISSED at how Simmons was used this season. If not for Michael’s intervention, Keim wanted to fire Joseph mid season.
Mike should have let him get rid of VJ mid season and bring in someone like Wade Phillips to take over.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey everyone on the board, if you’re paid to make those decisions, if you’re an nfl professional talent evaluator, raise your hand. Oh, no one? So an nfl professional thought that was a good idea? And it turned out it was? Huh. But certainly we shouldn’t expect keim to make such good assessments.

So you would have pumped $60m into Calais' bank account and another $82.5M into Chandler's in 2017?

Calais got $19m (bonus) at signing with the JAGS.

CJ got $22m (bonus) at signing with Cards.

and now add year one salary:

Calais: $9m
CJ: $7m

So the Cards would have needed $57m (cash-in-hand) to pull this off in 2017.

Now think of the 51 other needs!

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Put an extra voidable year on the back end of both to carry some of the cap hit.

It's not ideal, but it's doable.

why would Jones or CC do that?

That’s the problem fans love to tell athletes what they should do with there money. Do you take less at your job? I don’t?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Um, okay?

Are you seriously about to give KK, any mention at all as a better coach than Tomlin or Carroll? My own personal disdain for the man aside, both of those coaches would have had us in the playoff this past weekend. Or maybe you're just lamenting that we're all stating the obvious. LOL.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you seriously about to give KK, any mention at all as a better coach than Tomlin or Carroll? My own personal disdain for the man aside, both of those coaches would have had us in the playoff this past weekend. Or maybe you're just lamenting that we're all stating the obvious. LOL.
I wanna know how you & that other guy got all of this from two words.

Jesus Christ.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wanna know how you & that other guy got all of this from two words.

Jesus Christ.

It was an assumption yes, but you just simply said. "Um, okay". I'm only left to speculate. if that's not the case then that's fine. No big deal. If you see the post, I gave an either or scenario. Relax D.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson