2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bryant usually kills us every time we play the Wizards. Wasn’t it a game against us that was his coming out party a few years ago?

Yes. Actually I've always liked Thomas Bryant as a player. He would have fit nicely on the Suns.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Report Maxi Kleber will miss 10-14 days per health and safety protocols. He is a solid player for Dallas.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Celtics- Heat game tonight has been postponed because Heat have insufficient players.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors beat Raptors 106-105 and move to 6-4 on the season with Curry shooting 2-16.

I think @Russ Smith needs to explain this magic.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors beat Raptors 106-105 and move to 6-4 on the season with Curry shooting 2-16.

I think @Russ Smith needs to explain this magic.

I watched it and have no clue how they hung on. 15 point lead, Toronto came roaring back, Lowry went bananas, Warriors couldn't score, lead got down to 1, Oubre of all people hit a 3. Toronto eventually took the lead on a tip in by Boucher who was great, box says 6 looked like 7 blocks. But the other guys made big shots. One interesting thing with the loss of Klay everyone wondered who besides Curry would make 3's, Bazemore 50%, Lee 48%, Mulder 44%, Curry is currently 8th on the team in 3%! THey continue to play a bench lineup where Paschall is the 5, at 6'6", and it continues to work.

They are much better defensively now they have Draymond back, Wiggins has become a very good defender to my amazement, honestly if Oubre starts to play better it would help but if he doesn't he's going to continue to lose minutes

Really good coaching job by Steve Kerr so far weathering the early storm and righting the ship, 4 out of 5.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched it and have no clue how they hung on. 15 point lead, Toronto came roaring back, Lowry went bananas, Warriors couldn't score, lead got down to 1, Oubre of all people hit a 3. Toronto eventually took the lead on a tip in by Boucher who was great, box says 6 looked like 7 blocks. But the other guys made big shots. One interesting thing with the loss of Klay everyone wondered who besides Curry would make 3's, Bazemore 50%, Lee 48%, Mulder 44%, Curry is currently 8th on the team in 3%! THey continue to play a bench lineup where Paschall is the 5, at 6'6", and it continues to work.

They are much better defensively now they have Draymond back, Wiggins has become a very good defender to my amazement, honestly if Oubre starts to play better it would help but if he doesn't he's going to continue to lose minutes

Really good coaching job by Steve Kerr so far weathering the early storm and righting the ship, 4 out of 5.

I thought you would be pleased. Just happened to be going through the box scores this morning.

Draymond Green getting 10 assists has to be big and the Warriors are getting good production from their bench: Damion Lee, Eric Paschall, Brad Wannamaker and Kent Bazemore.

Sounds like they are winning games much like the Suns with their second unit.

I'm not sure what is going on with Oubre but he needs to get to the rim to get his shooting going. Maybe it will come but I can see the Warriors starting Bazemore or Lee soon if it doesn't improve. Anyway the Suns will see the Warriors for a closeup look on Friday.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Porzingis will play for the Mavericks tonight versus the Pelicans.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought you would be pleased. Just happened to be going through the box scores this morning.

Draymond Green getting 10 assists has to be big and the Warriors are getting good production from their bench: Damion Lee, Eric Paschall, Brad Wannamaker and Kent Bazemore.

Sounds like they are winning games much like the Suns with their second unit.

I'm not sure what is going on with Oubre but he needs to get to the rim to get his shooting going. Maybe it will come but I can see the Warriors starting Bazemore or Lee soon if it doesn't improve. Anyway the Suns will see the Warriors for a closeup look on Friday.

Oubre is playing hard I will give him that but he continues to miss 3's. Kelenna Azabuike is on the Warriors tv broadcasts, last year he replaced Jim Barnett who'd been doing them for years. Kelenna said they teach you as a player open shots have to be taken, so Kelly has to keep taking those, and he did hit a huge one in the 4th q, but he said the same thing if he doesn't start to make some shots he's going to lose minutes. Damion Lee has been terrific.

Another nice game by Wiseman too I think he only played 17 minutes but had 10 points and played a large role in the Warriors getting ahead early, he only had 1 block but he changed a few shots early on.

Chris Boucher was terrific, the Warriors got him undrafted he eventually moved on boy has he found a niche there. The thing with him you think nice young player, but he's already 27 years old, he's not young. Really high level game both teams play very hard on both ends.

Next game up is the Pacers, get to see some Aaron Holiday, Pacers are quite good so far, Turner is blocking everything in sight and Brogdon off to a great start.

Lots of pretty good teams this year it seems.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oubre is playing hard I will give him that but he continues to miss 3's. Kelenna Azabuike is on the Warriors tv broadcasts, last year he replaced Jim Barnett who'd been doing them for years. Kelenna said they teach you as a player open shots have to be taken, so Kelly has to keep taking those, and he did hit a huge one in the 4th q, but he said the same thing if he doesn't start to make some shots he's going to lose minutes. Damion Lee has been terrific.

Another nice game by Wiseman too I think he only played 17 minutes but had 10 points and played a large role in the Warriors getting ahead early, he only had 1 block but he changed a few shots early on.

Chris Boucher was terrific, the Warriors got him undrafted he eventually moved on boy has he found a niche there. The thing with him you think nice young player, but he's already 27 years old, he's not young. Really high level game both teams play very hard on both ends.

Next game up is the Pacers, get to see some Aaron Holiday, Pacers are quite good so far, Turner is blocking everything in sight and Brogdon off to a great start.

Lots of pretty good teams this year it seems.

I liked Chris Boucher in free agency. The Raptors really got him on a good contract for two-years at $13.5M. He has a live body.

I think Oubre will find his niche even if he comes off the bench. Career stats show he is a decent shooter. I'm sure he will try to explode against the Suns.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two more games postponed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GMs to discuss tightening protocols.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyrie Irving continues to miss games.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wish we would have traded for him.

I mean it would of cost Josh Jackson on draft night

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Statement from Nets.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The improvement on defense from Andrew Wiggins is just staggering to me. He's legitimately the 2nd best defender on the team now behind only Draymond. I can't recall seeing a veteran player improve this much in one year on defense in my life.

Another bizarre Steph Curry event missing 2 FT's in a row. In the last minute of the half the Pacers were in a box and 1 on Steph the last 2 trips downcourt. Their coach is the same guy who was the defensive coach for Toronto when they played a box on Steph in the NBA finals.

Oubre already has 3 made threes tonight.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
James Harden throwing up the deuces in his press conference is more respectable than letting Rich Paul pull strings behind the scenes to get you out from under your team IMO.