Arizona Cardinals offseason news for the week of Jan 4 2021

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Bevell makes sense because of his work with Russell Wilson. But, he would have to be ok with Kliff calling plays if that is what he wanted.

Kliff needs someone to either call the plays, OR help him understand the rhythm of the game, because he hasn't show, yet, that he has a feel for consistent play calling.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It depends if Kliff feels like he is stretched too thinn on gamedays or during the week. If he wants more time to be able to interact with the defense or other position groups. Kliff knows how he feels things are going. Maybe he recognizes he is missing something in his playcalling or scheme and wants an established NFL mind to bounce ideas off of why.

There are lots of reasons someone may be willing to give up some power. If he feels it is to his benefit, why wouldn't he.

I'm hoping he does because he clearly needs it. But the first thing that springs to mind is that he was brought in for his "offensive mind" and if that offensive mind is going to move away from play calling and play design to some degree and try be a more traditional HC then I'm not sure if there's a valid argument for him remaining HC.

If your bringing in a OC thats going to have play design and play calling duties you may as well rip the band aid off and put in a HC that can actually manage games.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Welp, more of the same crap playcalling:

"I would retire," Kingsbury said. "It's part of the game, I couldn't just sit there and watch it. A lot of people are great at that, managing games, and that's not my strong suit. My strong suit is calling it and interacting with the quarterback. I've got to play to my strengths

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

"I would retire," Kingsbury said. "It's part of the game, I couldn't just sit there and watch it. A lot of people are great at that, managing games, and that's not my strong suit. My strong suit is calling it and interacting with the quarterback. I've got to play to my strengths
That may be the dumbest thing a coach has ever said. What does he think a head coaches main duty is? It's managing the game.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Perhaps it's time for Kingsbury to reevaluate his strengths.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
That may be the dumbest thing a coach has ever said. What does he think a head coaches main duty is? It's managing the game.

didnt Arians say pretty much the same thing while here?

KK was hired as an offensive wiz. If he doesnt deliver it next year, he team will be below .500 and i suspect a change is made

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sean McDermott - HC Buffalo Bills

2017: 9-7
2018: 6-10*

* loud calls from fans to fire him

2019: 10-6 (lost W-C to Texans)
2020: 13-3 (Bills win the first playoff game in 25 years)

KK

2019: 5-10-1
2020: 8-8

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
didnt Arians say pretty much the same thing while here?

KK was hired as an offensive wiz. If he doesnt deliver it next year, he team will be below .500 and i suspect a change is made
I don't recall that. Do you have an exact quote? BA can manage the game, but even he has given up play calling to concentrate on managing the game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson