2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is slick...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I like it much more than the black, white and charcoal colored court. IMO, the other court was a bit depressing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taj Gibson will be signing with Knicks. Omari Spellman will be waived.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns would have to waive someone unless he would take a two-way spot.

I'd say waive Damien Jones but Spellman isn't a true big, hes more of stretch 4. Too bad the Suns couldn't have signed Taj and waived Jones. Even though Taj is undersized as a center, he's a banger and can play inside. I think anyone would be an improvement over Jones also.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say waive Damien Jones but Spellman isn't a true big, hes more of stretch 4. Too bad the Suns couldn't have signed Taj and waived Jones. Even though Taj is undersized as a center, he's a banger and can play inside. I think anyone would be an improvement over Jones also.

Taj would have been better for sure.

Spellman might be better able to get more minutes than Jones though especially with Smith needing time to develop.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seattle Mayor is "pretty optimistic" about landing an expansion franchise.

By Brian Windhorst ESPN Senior Writer:

Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan has spoken with NBA commissioner Adam Silver and is "pretty optimistic" the city is moving toward landing an expansion franchise to replace the SuperSonics.

Silver said in a news conference last month that the NBA was dusting off its long-dormant expansion consideration and had put more time into the concept during the current pandemic. He spoke with Durkan shortly thereafter, and the mayor reaffirmed the city's desire to land a team; the SuperSonics relocated and became the Oklahoma City Thunder after the 2007-08 season.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...enny-durkan-pretty-optimistic-nba-return-city

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sixers staying over in New York for contact tracing.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This virus is EASILY transmittable. A team that is traveling, in hotels, eating in restaurants, interacting with family is going to be exposed at some point. It is going to get difficult to complete a season with present protocols. I have no solution. I have had it already.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder how many players have had Covid already. Apparently that is one reason James Harden wasn't following guidelines around training camp, he had it during the off-season and knows he can't get it again. Thankfully he's the only person I've heard blowing off the rules because he's had it already, I thought him doing that could start a bad trend and create more problems for the league.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Robert Horry on The Jump show on espn laughing his arse off about the Nash hip check. Guy could care less

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I wonder how many players have had Covid already. Apparently that is one reason James Harden wasn't following guidelines around training camp, he had it during the off-season and knows he can't get it again. Thankfully he's the only person I've heard blowing off the rules because he's had it already, I thought him doing that could start a bad trend and create more problems for the league.
They have had people who have gotten it twice!!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Russ Smith

I thought this might be of interest to you.

Thanks yeah they mentioned him and showed him on the game last night on ESPN.

I haven't been to the new arena yet, between cost and Covid, so I don't know if they do it regularly but during last nights game the guy doing the announcing in the arena was also channeling the late Warrior broadcaster Bill King who had a very unique way of saying "two" when someone made a basket.

Feeling a bit better about the season, Draymond is back and getting into shape, and they seem to be finding their sea legs. The Clips took their foot off the gas for a couple of minutes and then Steph went nuts and shot the Warriors back into the game and they actually came back and won.

Last night was interesting in that they sort of went to a death lineup again, obviously no Iggy anymore but they had a very effective run with Curry, Draymond, Lee, Wanamaker and Bazemore on the court. Ridiculously small lineup but they pulled ahead the Clips had to finally pull Zubac because the Warriors kept exploiting him. Paschall got the run started torching Zubac and then when he went out the run continued.

I've been very impressed with Wiseman but last night he was really not involved in the big run but was on the bench yelling and screaming for his team. Fun 2nd half to watch.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I haven't been to the new arena yet, between cost and Covid, so I don't know if they do it regularly but during last nights game the guy doing the announcing in the arena was also channeling the late Warrior broadcaster Bill King who had a very unique way of saying "two" when someone made a basket.

Feeling a bit better about the season, Draymond is back and getting into shape, and they seem to be finding their sea legs. The Clips took their foot off the gas for a couple of minutes and then Steph went nuts and shot the Warriors back into the game and they actually came back and won.

Last night was interesting in that they sort of went to a death lineup again, obviously no Iggy anymore but they had a very effective run with Curry, Draymond, Lee, Wanamaker and Bazemore on the court. Ridiculously small lineup but they pulled ahead the Clips had to finally pull Zubac because the Warriors kept exploiting him. Paschall got the run started torching Zubac and then when he went out the run continued.

I've been very impressed with Wiseman but last night he was really not involved in the big run but was on the bench yelling and screaming for his team. Fun 2nd half to watch.

Don't know if you have ESPN+ but they had a great article on the Warriors the other day. I enjoyed it quite a bit and think Wiseman will be a huge addition for them for years to.come.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/30657192/the-golden-state-warriors-learning-how-mortal

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So happy Steph is back to being Steph. The NBA needs him.

He still seems a bit off to me even with the 62 but then teams are throwing so much at him I guess not a surprise

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Steve Kerr kept saying the Warriors would turn it around and they have done a nice job of reversing course from early in the season.

Stephen Curry is back in form which is great news. Also Draymond Green should keep improving. The rookie Wiseman is a keeper.

Too bad about Klay Thompson because the Warriors could sure use another shooting guard to help Curry but it is what is. The Oubre experiment has not worked for whatever reason. He was never a pure shooter but I thought he might help more.

Anyway good to see the Warriors on the winning side of the ledger.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LaMelo Ball becomes the youngest player to record a triple-double.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thomas Bryant of the Wizards will get an X-rays and MRI on left knee.

The Suns will play at Washington on Monday.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Thomas Bryant of the Wizards will get an X-rays and MRI on left knee.

The Suns will play at Washington on Monday.

Bryant usually kills us every time we play the Wizards. Wasn’t it a game against us that was his coming out party a few years ago?