PFF Top 100 free agents

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
14. G JOE THUNEY
A starter from Day 1 as a rookie, Thuney has yet to miss a game in his five-year career while showing continual improvement. He transitioned smoothly from college offensive tackle to left guard, showing well in New England’s versatile run scheme. In pass protection, Thuney struggled with power players early in his career, but he’s improved every season and his 88.0 pass-blocking grade ranked third among guards in 2019. Thuney ranks in the 83rd percentile in overall pass-blocking grade since entering the league, though that drops to the 70th percentile when isolated to true pass sets, showing that there has been some protection for him in the New England scheme. Regardless, Thuney has developed into one of the best guards in the game and should fit in well in any system.

Contract Analysis: With the gift of hindsight, the Patriots probably trade Thuney before the 2020 season, as Patriots sixth-round draft pick Michigan G/T Michael Onwenu finished the season with an 84.3 PFF grade that tied for eighth among qualifying players at his position.

Prediction: Cardinals sign Thuney for four years, $57 million ($14.25M APY): $35M total guaranteed, $20M fully guaranteed at signing.

—————

I’m very good with this

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This, i like:
14. G JOE THUNEY
A starter from Day 1 as a rookie, Thuney has yet to miss a game in his five-year career while showing continual improvement. He transitioned smoothly from college offensive tackle to left guard, showing well in New England’s versatile run scheme. In pass protection, Thuney struggled with power players early in his career, but he’s improved every season and his 88.0 pass-blocking grade ranked third among guards in 2019. Thuney ranks in the 83rd percentile in overall pass-blocking grade since entering the league, though that drops to the 70th percentile when isolated to true pass sets, showing that there has been some protection for him in the New England scheme. Regardless, Thuney has developed into one of the best guards in the game and should fit in well in any system.

Contract Analysis: With the gift of hindsight, the Patriots probably trade Thuney before the 2020 season, as Patriots sixth-round draft pick Michigan G/T Michael Onwenu finished the season with an 84.3 PFF grade that tied for eighth among qualifying players at his position.

Prediction: Cardinals sign Thuney for four years, $57 million ($14.25M APY): $35M total guaranteed, $20M fully guaranteed at signing.

...dave

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
71. CB PATRICK PETERSON

Prediction: Cardinals sign Peterson for two years, $25M ($12.5M APY): $15M total guaranteed, $12.5M fully guaranteed at signing.

75. T KELVIN BEACHUM

Prediction: Steelers sign Beachum for one year, $4.5 million.

77. RB KENYAN DRAKE

Prediction: Cardinals sign Drake for three years, $20 million ($6.66M APY): $11 million total guaranteed, $8.5 million fully guaranteed at signing.

87. EDGE HAASON REDDICK

Prediction: Panthers sign Reddick for one year, $8.5 million fully guaranteed at signing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
71. CB PATRICK PETERSON

Prediction: Cardinals sign Peterson for two years, $25M ($12.5M APY): $15M total guaranteed, $12.5M fully guaranteed at signing.

75. T KELVIN BEACHUM

Prediction: Steelers sign Beachum for one year, $4.5 million.

77. RB KENYAN DRAKE

Prediction: Cardinals sign Drake for three years, $20 million ($6.66M APY): $11 million total guaranteed, $8.5 million fully guaranteed at signing.

87. EDGE HAASON REDDICK

Prediction: Panthers sign Reddick for one year, $8.5 million fully guaranteed at signing.

i will vomit if this is what we do. If Redick gets away for that little money, its Calvin Pace, Karlos Dansby, Jamir Miller all over again.

I mean, throwing 45 million at a washed up, terrible example for younger players PEDerson and Drake, who didn’t prove much in his prove it year after cashing the check, would be a terrible allocation of resources.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i will vomit if this is what we do. If Redick gets away for that little money, its Calvin Pace, Karlos Dansby, Jamir Miller all over again.

I mean, throwing 45 million at a washed up, terrible example for younger players PEDerson and Drake would be a terrible allocation of resources.

Many cb's available in free agency actually are better then him
25, mil is a joke, but talking about keim, I wouldn't be surprised

Drake can be replaced by a rookie, or one of the cheap veterans available, RBs has a very low market

Beachum, i would resign him 2/13 mil

Reddick I thought was worth the tag but maybe teams are skeptical cause his season was considered a one year wonder
Probably they let him test the market but personally I'm hope they can reach a deal, a 4year /40mil (25 guarantee)

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I mean, throwing 45 million at a washed up, terrible example for younger players PEDerson and Drake would be a terrible allocation of resources.

he’s really not that good.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

we really don’t know that yet.

and people said the same things about the other guys I mentioned. They all ended up being either very good players or even Pro-Bowl level for Jamir.

and what we DO know is that Peterson isn’t that good AND getting old. And Drake is next to nothing.

if you’re going to spend the money, at least do it with the young guy who’s got upside.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we really don’t know that yet.

and people said the same things about the other guys I mentioned. They all ended up being either very good players or even Pro-Bowl level for Jamir.

and what we DO know is that Peterson isn’t that good AND getting old. And Drake is next to nothing.

if you’re going to spend the money, at least do it with the young guy who’s got upside.

You don't luck into 12.5 sacks and 6 FFs. He finally played his natural position and basically excelled. Saying he isn't that good would be an exaggeration. In a full season as an OLB he showed that he could be good.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You don't luck into 12.5 sacks and 6 FFs. He finally played his natural position and basically excelled. Saying he isn't that good would be an exaggeration. In a full season as an OLB he showed that he could be good.

Excelled is a strong word, he needs to be consistent to excel for me. I do get he had a great year stat wise and hopefully he can continue his growth opposite CJ. Next I want to see him get some of these elusive QBs down when they break the pocket.

I do worry about him being a contract year wonder though

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Excelled is a strong word, he needs to be consistent to excel for me. I do get he had a great year stat wise and hopefully he can continue his growth opposite CJ. Next I want to see him get some of these elusive QBs down when they break the pocket.

Wasn't he the fastest guy sacking the qb?
I see some von Miller on him

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

More then a couple weeks he was recorded as the fastest player in the NFL to the QB if I'm not mistaken. Hard to say he was a contract year wonder when its his first year playing his actual natural position.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wasn't he the fastest guy sacking the qb?
I see some von Miller on him

More then a couple weeks he was recorded as the fastest player in the NFL to the QB if I'm not mistaken. Hard to say he was a contract year wonder when its his first year playing his actual natural position.

Oh really didn't know that. Fair play then for him. That has alleviated some of my worries somewhat I have to say :)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
14. G JOE THUNEY

—————

I’m very good with this
Haven’t some recent Pats OL FAs kinda busted with their next teams? Thinking of the dude now with Giants...are there more?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I mean, throwing 45 million at a washed up, terrible example for younger players PEDerson and Drake, who didn’t prove much in his prove it year after cashing the check, would be a terrible allocation of resources.
I’m meh on PP21...I’m okay with Drake at that amount, especially if fixing OL is also a priority. When he has lanes, he’s shown to be pretty good.

I’m on the fence with Redick...if that’s the amount it takes to keep him, you need to keep him, but if it’s way higher than that, then good luck in Carolina.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m meh on PP21...I’m okay with Drake at that amount, especially if fixing OL is also a priority. When he has lanes, he’s shown to be pretty good.

I’m on the fence with Redick...if that’s the amount it takes to keep him, you need to keep him, but if it’s way higher than that, then good luck in Carolina.

In the hypothetical signing by Carolina he would get a mediocre 1year 8 mil, the tag would cost 8 mil more, I think he wants to test the market giving the Cardinals the option to match the higher offer

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
An under the radar guy I would sign is Tyrod Taylor. The Cards NEED a capable backup and Taylor has shown he can step in and be adequate. Unlike the mess we had at backup QB this year. Plus, Murray's style of play makes backup QB a key position.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got to remember these rankings are based on PFF grades for one season. I doubt they bare much reality to how teams rank them.

Of all our own FA's the one I want back least is Drake. And it pains me to say that because I was a fan of the signing and a fan of his play last year. But he just hasn't been good this year.

I know he finished 13th in yards but he was 40th in YPA.

He finished with an average of 4 per carry with is below average by todays standards but he racked up most of that late in games vs tired defenses. Of his 955 yards 408 of them came in Q4 at 5.3 average.

When trying to establish the run and take the pressure off your QB early in the game he was awful. Only 162 yards in Q1 and 163 yards in Q2 all season. At a rate of 3.1 and 2.8 YPC.

Which is the exact opposite of his stats in 2019 where in Q1 Drake gave us 6.6 YPA and 502 of his yards.

Based on his play last year Drake isn't someone you can reply on as a primary back. I really don't know why we didn't use Edmonds more. He gave us 6.3 YPA in Q1 this season.

Another baffling decision by Kliff.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boy are they underrating reddick, a young edge pass rusher who is coming off a strong season gets a....one year contract??

I think fans here are massively over rating Reddick. He's not an OLB1, he's never getting OLB1 money and he's not a top end OLB2. The highest paid OLB2 in the league is Preston SMith at $13m. .

He had a good year. I'm really pleased for him, but I think PFF got it mostly right. I think on the open market he's looking at $10m tops which is what Leonard Floyd got paid this past year but if the salary cap goes down then more like $8.5 is right.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
An under the radar guy I would sign is Tyrod Taylor. The Cards NEED a capable backup and Taylor has shown he can step in and be adequate. Unlike the mess we had at backup QB this year. Plus, Murray's style of play makes backup QB a key position.

The crazy part is that Hundley showed he could be a decent back up here...but KK chose not to activate him.

Taylor is getting old, but I agree we do need someone that could give us 2 games a year and not blow up our season.

Reactions: PJ1

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave