How about kurt warner as our next head coach?

Reaction score
If he is interested?

He is a cardinals legend
I know he was a star with the rams, but anyone that can take the cards to the sb is a legend to me!

Lives in Phoenix area
Was more of a coach than whizz
Is respected and smart

any thoughts?

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
NFL head coach is a 100 hour per week job. I think Kurt COULD do it...but I don't think he wants to.

I could see him working as an executive in some compacity. Maybe he has an eye for draft talent?

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Id like to see he and Kyler get together.

Usually athletes as good as Warner are unable to relate what they see to the their lesser able counterparts.

I think Kyler getting the perspective of how Kurt would see the field would be a valuable.

Because Kliffs scheme isnt a McVay/Shanahan/Peyton etc where it exploits mismatches and creates for its players.

The players have to be able to create in this scheme and no position is more important in doing that than the qb.

He is going to have to play like a top 5 qb every week for this team to be successful.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
This kid has a great advantage in today's world with the virtual reality machine. Kurt could teach him what to look for pre-snap and the what players he should be reading on defense post-snap and then go and practice it all in the confines of home.

Is he willing to ask for help? Is he willing to put in the work? These are question that will be answered someday. Maybe he looks at like a video game and enjoys it? Kids today, they get everything. :madarms:

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This kid has a great advantage in today's world with the virtual reality machine. Kurt could teach him what to look for pre-snap and the what players he should be reading on defense post-snap and then go and practice it all in the confines of home.

Is he willing to ask for help? Is he willing to put in the work? These are question that will be answered someday. Maybe he looks at like a video game and enjoys it? Kids today, they get everything. :madarms:

Being able to put up 4500+ total yards and 40+ TDs and still seeing ridiculous questions like this.

I dont know what he does but he is doing something right to be as productive as he is.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Being able to put up 4500+ total yards and 40+ TDs and still seeing ridiculous questions like this.

I dont know what he does but he is doing something right to be as productive as he is.

He still cannot read a defense. If he thinks he can't get better then he might as well retire. If you think this is the best he can be, well then that's not good enough for me.

Winston threw for 5000 yards last year, so he must be good enough then huh?

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He still cannot read a defense. If he thinks he can't get better then he might as well retire. If you think this is the best he can be, well then that's not good enough for me.

Winston threw for 5000 yards last year, so he must be good enough then huh?

Eh I think its a little exaggerated.

I am not saying he is Peyton manning but I think he does better reading defenses than people give him credit for.
'
Especially for how telegraphic the offense is and the inability for any wr sans hop to win their 1 on 1s

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
He still cannot read a defense.
this is an overstatement

you dont put up his stats he did simply converting pre-determined throws

he needs to process just a tick faster, particularly 3rd down and redzone when D Coordinators save their best looks-

lots of examples this year where he made the right read, but was just a half beat late with the throw -- i think experience fills that gap

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Guys, lets just trade for Bill Belichick and solve all the problems.

Lets get someone in here who knows about football, coaching, players, and adjusting.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m sure you guys remember who Warner is married to. Right? Brenda is not going to allow him to take a job that would COMPLETELY take him away from her & the kids. It’s not happening. Now, perhaps he’d be a strong candidate for GM. He has far more a GM skill set than a HC skill set.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is an overstatement

you dont put up his stats he did simply converting pre-determined throws

he needs to process just a tick faster, particularly 3rd down and redzone when D Coordinators save their best looks-

lots of examples this year where he made the right read, but was just a half beat late with the throw -- i think experience fills that gap

anyone stating he cannot read a defense did not see the grand canyon difference between streveler and him in game 17