Cardinals part ways with WR coach David Raih and Tom Clements retires.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A couple thoughts.

1 - The lack of wide receiver development was easy to spot.

2 - Kliff admitted during the year that things were not clicking and we all saw the miscommunication.

3 - Just because it is not the change you want, doesn't mean it may not be needed change.

4 - Kliff seems fairly self-aware. I don't think he wants to fail in his first NFL HC attempt by being loyal to people in spite of evidence to the contrary.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A couple thoughts.

2 - Kliff admitted during the year that things were not clicking and we all saw the miscommunication.

3 - Just because it is not the change you want, doesn't mean it may not be needed change.

4 - Kliff seems fairly self-aware. I don't think he wants to fail in his first NFL HC attempt by being loyal to people in spite of evidence to the contrary.

That is a wonderful post, Chopper. I agree with all of it. It will be very interesting to see who replaces Tom Clements. I think Cam Turner have gotten some sort of promotion, but I don’t think it is to offensive coordinator.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is a wonderful post, Chopper. I agree with all of it. It will be very interesting to see who replaces Tom Clements. I think Cam Turner have gotten some sort of promotion, but I don’t think it is to offensive coordinator.

Cam Turner is now QB coach. Which isn't inspiring. Although we all know its in title only.

Likely they won't replace Clements.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Cam Turner is now QB coach. Which isn't inspiring. Although we all know its in title only.

Likely they won't replace Clements.
I don't think they would have promoted Cam if Kyler didn't like him.

Here is what I like. Raih and Clements, all people associated with McCarthy's garbage Green Bay staff, are gone. That gives me hope.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A couple thoughts.

I don't think Kliff has the last say about his coaching staff, he wants to keep his coaching job, his first NFL job, so he doesn't go against any of keim decisions

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't think they would have promoted Cam is Kyler didn't like him.

Here is what I like. Raih and Clements, all people associated with McCarthy's garbage Green Bay staff, are gone. That gives me hope.

Turner worked with Cam Newton in Carolina before coming here. I wouldn't be surprised to see the offense become even more simplified to make these reads easy for Kyler.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think they would have promoted Cam is Kyler didn't like him.

I'm glad both are gone. I just don't see them being replaced with anyone that's going to challenge Kliff on his scheme.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Turner worked with Cam Newton in Carolina before coming here. I wouldn't be surprised to see the offense become even more simplified to make these reads easy for Kyler.
It would be interesting if the Cardinals looked at bringing Cam into AZ if he doesn't get a starting job somewhere.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw an article where Cam says "hell no" to being a backup.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It would be interesting if the Cardinals looked at bringing Cam into AZ if he doesn't get a starting job somewhere.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw an article where Cam says "hell no" to being a backup.

I want what he smoking.

His arm is gone. I dont see what he can offer at this point as starter outside of being a tank commander.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I guess we had a WR coach. Not sure what he did out there. None of our WRs have grown on this team for the past 5 years it seems.

This...Especially AI. If he can't teach him to catch with his hands and not his body, what good is he? Also, the lack of being able to get separation and find open spaces can just be a lack of talent or speed. There are techniques to teach, to help with that.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Tom Clements

You must be registered for see images attach

Makes you wonder if some of the frustration Murray displayed and hinted at in his postgame presser, might be at Clements????? If he was QB coach and passing game Coordinator. Maybe there is just something not firing well between the 3.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Qb throws for ~4000, if we make it more simple, will kyler throw for ~5000?

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At the end of the day, this is an issue with scheme.

No matter who you bring, these wrs sans Hop will struggle as the scheme does not put them in the best position to maximize their strengths

As others said before, this is not solving anything

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don't think they would have promoted Cam if Kyler didn't like him.

I don't care if Kyler likes him. Too much comfort can be a bad thing. IMO he needs a QB coach that can light a fire under him so he develops fully.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't care if Kyler likes him. Too much comfort can be a bad thing. IMO he needs a QB coach that can light a fire under him so he develops fully.

Has been spoiled and he rely too much on his talent, he has to question himself in order to work harder and grow as a player
Need a coach with carrot and stick approach, kind of Bruce Arians

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

This, I want a cantankerous old fart on his ass 24/7 because he already has Kliff to balance that out :raccoon: