Raptors @ Suns Wednesday game thread 1-6-2021

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Look at their shooting numbers and Paul's low assist total. And look at what Lowry did against Paul.
I know you’ve likely never been told this, but you really need to know that your posts are BY FAR, the most off-base and misguided takes I see in this forum. Like, not every once in a while...but Every. Single. One.
Damn...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They had 36 points on 26 shots and 14 assists with only 1 turnover. Paul played great defense. Booker was poor on defense. They didn’t “struggle mightily” where the heck do you see that?
Just against siakam. They couldn’t slow him.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With all of the uhh... entertainment elsewhere in the world I totally missed the game tonight.

6-2 is a thrilling start, box score looks like another solid all-around effort. How'd they look?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
With all of the uhh... entertainment elsewhere in the world I totally missed the game tonight.

6-2 is a thrilling start, box score looks like another solid all-around effort. How'd they look?
Played even most of the first half. Would get up 8-15 in spurts in the second half and ease back to within striking distance for the raptors so it never felt like a game that was completely in hand. Obviously our three point shooting was stellar, and that was even including missing some really choice wide open threes.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Just against siakam. They couldn’t slow him.
The best defender on him was actually Ayton. When Raptors went small, Ayton did a good job of contesting 3s without fouling and sliding with him on the drives. Somewhat reminiscent of when he went up against Giannis and had a good defensive outing against him as well.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In the Clippers game the Suns forwards didn't produce much Crowder (6), Bridges (7) and Cam Johnson (8).

Tonight I thought their play made a big difference with Crowder (21), Bridges (13) and Cam Johnson (16).

The good thing is that any of those three can go off have "big" nights, like 15+.

Then we can also have a "big" night from anyone of Carter, Payne or Saric.

Just shows how deep we are while we still have Booker, CP3 and Ayton.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The good thing is that any of those three can go off have "big" nights, like 15+.

Then we can also have a "big" night from anyone of Carter, Payne or Saric.

Just shows how deep we are while we still have Booker, CP3 and Ayton.

Suns have a lot of weapons for sure. I'm impressed how they can play ugly and win. Every night they are not going to get the production from the same players.

Phoenix received a good game from Saric and Cam Johnson off the bench. Payne had a nice game distributing with 10 assists. Also Payne has become a very good defender.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to let one player get off to subdue the rest of the team.
It felt like that. In fact the comments were that they hoped to dedicate just a singe defender to siakam to concentrate on not allowing the rest of the team to beat us. Worked.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Which Cam and you left out CROWDER.
Raptor's are a good playoff team that needed a win, Suns beat them.
Siakam's spin move is one of the best I've seen
He’s incredibly slinky. I can’t understand how he could’ve been underperforming prior to last night.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Beautiful thing about having depth is that a couple of players should have good games at any given night. Crowder, Saric, and Cam J did a great job scoring, and Cam P was outstanding as well- haven't looked at the box score, but I am guessing he had seven or eight assists. Ayton was very good defensively and on the glass, and Booker stepped up when he was needed the most. Bridges had a solid game as well, as did Paul. They did a good job taking care of the ball.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beautiful thing about having depth is that a couple of players should have good games at any given night. Crowder, Saric, and Cam J did a great job scoring, and Cam P was outstanding as well- haven't looked at the box score, but I am guessing he had seven or eight assists. Ayton was very good defensively and on the glass, and Booker stepped up when he was needed the most. Bridges had a solid game as well, as did Paul. They did a good job taking care of the ball.
cam Johnson is becoming one of my favorite players dude pkays hard and is consistent from 3!!! Looking now like a good pic!!! Sure he is trying to prove haters wrong :)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Is Mikal Bridges the 2nd best player to come out of the 18 draft?

cam Johnson is becoming one of my favorite players dude pkays hard and is consistent from 3!!! Looking now like a good pic!!! Sure he is trying to prove haters wrong :)

Agreed. I was so wrong on him. I'll eat all the crow he dishes out to me.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Mikal Bridges the 2nd best player to come out of the 18 draft?

Agreed. I was so wrong on him. I'll eat all the crow he dishes out to me.

Theres still Ayton and Trae, toss up right now on Ayton and Bridges.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Luka
Trae
SGA
Sexton (looking like a young Arenas rn)
Bridges is perfect in his role

A lot of underwhelming lotto picks that year...

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
With Trae's defensive liabilities...... can he even be in the same conversation as Mikal? I don't think so. For every point he scores, he gives up a half a point on defense (guessing, but its probably bad).

Shai & Sexton are good debates though. Shai probably moreso.

Luka is clear.
The other 3 or 4 are debatable IMO

And I love that the conversation isn't clear cut.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think if anything more is asked of Shai his efficiency will go down, whether thats to score more or play better defense.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I believe Smith is back from ankle injury. Man would it be good to get him in the mix with the team playing well early. Seems like this year's rookie class has produced early with some rookies getting big minutes. Peyton Prichard hit the game winner against MIA last night.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The best part of the 2018 Draft discussion is that we have the best team out of Dallas/Memphis/Atlanta/Sacramento/OKC and the rest of the lottery teams, except maybe LA.

And a large reason why our team is better than the others is Ayton and Mikal.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The best part of the 2018 Draft discussion is that we have the best team out of Dallas/Memphis/Atlanta/Sacramento/OKC and the rest of the lottery teams, except maybe LA.

And a large reason why our team is better than the others is Ayton and Mikal.

Would you guys take Luka over Ayton + Bridges?

Right now, Ayton and Bridges fit the team. Before this season, i would have swapped Luka for those two if possible.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Would you guys take Luka over Ayton + Bridges?

Right now, Ayton and Bridges fit the team. Before this season, i would have swapped Luka for those two if possible.

I prefer Ayton and Bridges to Luka now and going forward. Last year Luka was a no-brainer over both of them combined.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson