Pick 16

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
For those that don't understand, I quoted a post that said a Keim pick is a bust pick anyway. I posted examples of the opposite. Deal with it jeez.
That’s just it, Lawrence is not an example of “the opposite” of a bust. He’s nothing yet. And he’s certainly not an argument for, or against, keims draft acumen.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we lose Reddick than OLB shoots right back up with IOL/WR need.

Im not sure I get the huge want for Reddick. Sure he had a good season stat wise, but for me he goes missing for games at a time and not consistently dominating.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Caleb Farley, CB from VTech, is my guy at 16
Im not sure I get the huge want for Reddick. Sure he had a good season stat wise, but for me he goes missing for games at a time and not consistently dominating.
Look, I hated the Reddick pick and he's pretty much been meh at best. But maybe they found his role to excel in this defense. I would transition tag him and keep him. I want to see what he can do when teams are gameplanning and worrying about Chandler Jones on the opposite side. Having 2 outside guys bringing pressure is not a bad thing.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Caleb Farley, CB from VTech, is my guy at 16

Look, I hated the Reddick pick and he's pretty much been meh at best. But maybe they found his role to excel in this defense. I would transition tag him and keep him. I want to see what he can do when teams are gameplanning and worrying about Chandler Jones on the opposite side. Having 2 outside guys bringing pressure is not a bad thing.
Farley scares the crap out of me. Young and inexperienced to the position. Injury in 2017 and injury in 2019. 23 college starts in a bad conference and then he opts out so he feels like he has already shown enough. Great athlete (great!) but not a run enforcer for his size IMO. He might be amazing but he might be a train wreck.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If we lose Reddick than OLB shoots right back up with IOL/WR need.
And you could make the argument that the draft fits that need perfectly.

Thought exercise. You can sign Ted Karras, Brandon Scherff and two low cost bodies at CB in FA but you have to let Reddick and Golden walk, would you do it? There is an argument that with how this draft lines up, having to take two EDGE players in the first two rounds is the optimal play.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And you could make the argument that the draft fits that need perfectly.

Thought exercise. You can sign Ted Karras, Brandon Scherff and two low cost bodies at CB in FA but you have to let Reddick and Golden walk, would you do it? There is an argument that with how this draft lines up, having to take two EDGE players in the first two rounds is the optimal play.
Ehhh nah. I would go WR in the 2nd. Someone like a Amon-Ra or Chris Olave.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we had Reddick AND Chandler Jones I think our pass rush would be pretty good.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Farley scares the crap out of me. Young and inexperienced to the position. Injury in 2017 and injury in 2019. 23 college starts in a bad conference and then he opts out so he feels like he has already shown enough. Great athlete (great!) but not a run enforcer for his size IMO. He might be amazing but he might be a train wreck.
Farley’s durability is concerning, but for someone that was new to the position, he was consistently great. He’s not like a Derion Kendrick where he’s going to need some fine tuning.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Farley’s durability is concerning, but for someone that was new to the position, he was consistently great. He’s not like a Derion Kendrick where he’s going to need some fine tuning.
Farley's style of play reminds me a lot of Patrick Peterson. Not super interested in the run game despite great size. Able to play soft and recover due to this athleticism. Maybe I am missing it, but he doesn't seem have the Richard Sherman dog in him that I want out of a CB.

Also, his opt out was so weird for me. He had two years with injuries, and only 2 years experience at the position.He was a 3 star out of High School and recruited to be a WR. Also, his level of competition in the ACC is suspect at best IMO. Especially since he never played vs Clemson.

I just don't understand why he felt he had nothing left to prove or show once it was decided that the ACC would resume play. I think he will get eaten up at the NFL level early and I hope he has the confidence to bounce back. NFL WRs are no joke and his unrefined game will be targeted. (I understand that this may be in the running for future freezing cold takes but he is one of my biggest red flags in the first round)

Last edited:
Reaction score
For those wanting a WR (I believe CB is the best option, but WR is way more fun to discuss), how would you rank the following with how they would fit this team?

-Smith
-Waddle
-Chase
-Pitts (For this exercise I will group him in)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
For those wanting a WR (I believe CB is the best option, but WR is way more fun to discuss), how would you rank the following with how they would fit this team?

-Smith
-Waddle
-Chase
-Pitts (For this exercise I will group him in)

I don't but here is your rank.

Kyle Pitts
Jamar Chase
Jaylen Waddle
Chris Olave
Terrance Marshall Jr.
DeVonta Smith

People will freak out about Pitts being number 1, but his value increases because of the personnel decision it forces DC's to make. You can't just slap your #2 CB on Pitts and most teams do not have Ss big enough or LBs fast enough to match up with Pitts. It also impacts the run game. If teams go smaller to match up with Pitts, you have a size advantage in the run game. If they go larger, you have a speed advantage in the play action and vertical passing game.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
FWIW, Waddle is listed as smaller than Isabella at 5'10 180. Devonte is listed at 176 but at least he's 6'1 so he can likely add some weight. In fact, he will add weight naturally just by maturing.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
FWIW, Waddle is listed as smaller than Isabella at 5'10 180. Devonte is listed at 176 but at least he's 6'1 so he can likely add some weight. In fact, he will add weight naturally just by maturing.
A poster on reddit mentioned that we need taller receivers so its easier for Kyler to see them from pocket. Never thought of that myself but he may have a point lol

Reaction score
I don't but here is your rank.

Kyle Pitts
Jamar Chase
Jaylen Waddle
Chris Olave
Terrance Marshall Jr.
DeVonta Smith

People will freak out about Pitts being number 1, but his value increases because of the personnel decision it forces DC's to make. You can't just slap your #2 CB on Pitts and most teams do not have Ss big enough or LBs fast enough to match up with Pitts. It also impacts the run game. If teams go smaller to match up with Pitts, you have a size advantage in the run game. If they go larger, you have a speed advantage in the play action and vertical passing game.

I think you're 100% spot on with the top 2. Pitts would be a monster, and I can't imagine what he could do considering Arnold's success and them not even being close to the same stratosphere in terms of talent...

Waddle would be great to stretch the D, but I am terrified of these speed receivers seeming to bust more than any other "type".

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you're 100% spot on with the top 2. Pitts would be a monster, and I can't imagine what he could do considering Arnold's success and them not even being close to the same stratosphere in terms of talent...

Waddle would be great to stretch the D, but I am terrified of these speed receivers seeming to bust more than any other "type".

right. We seen Arnold get plenty of run now imagine that’s Pitts with Arnold on the other side. Yikes

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

yes, but Waddle is also the same size as DeSean Jackson, Tyrek Hill, Antonio Brown and TY Hilton

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But I thought Isabella just isn't being used right and ready to break out next year :D.

I honestly think he should just be out there to run go routes. The threat alone needs to be accounted for, even if you have no plans to throw to him it should at least open up the middle I would think.

He’s going to get cut and I’m good with Kirk being shown the door to

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Waddle has a vertical element that we lack and can help with the return game as well. Olave and Marshall are close to him for me because I feel they can do very similar things for the offense. Marshall gives us more size. Olave brings better down the field production from what I have seen. Waddle does everything pretty well but does not have a huge body of work.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Waddle has a vertical element that we lack and can help with the return game as well.

when i think of Waddle, there is the doubt that says "but Henry Ruggs....."

in defense of Waddle, especially on the return game: Ruggs wasnt all that good at returning. Didnt really do punts, and even his kickoff returns were....... ok.

Waddle on the other hand was electric. In 2019, he averaged over 24 yards a punt return. He averaged 35 yards a kickoff return.

It suggests that Ruggs may be more explosive in a straightline,but

Waddle has far superior short-area change of direction and acceleration. Those are good traits.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
when i think of Waddle, there is the doubt that says "but Henry Ruggs....."

in defense of Waddle, especially on the return game: Ruggs wasnt all that good at returning. Didnt really do punts, and even his kickoff returns were....... ok.

Waddle on the other hand was electric. In 2019, he averaged over 24 yards a punt return. He averaged 35 yards a kickoff return.

It suggests that Ruggs may be more explosive in a straightline,but

Waddle has far superior short-area change of direction and acceleration. Those are good traits.
I think this is valid. The return element of Waddle is something that has to be considered and valued as AZ does not have much in that department. How much value, I don't know, but it is a need.

Olave will be another player who will have an interesting matchup vs Alabama (similar to Wyatt Davis). He looked so clean and fast vs Clemson that I really am questioning what I aw from him prior. Maybe it is just because I know Clemson has better athletes than most programs but I never thought Olave was a 4.3 guy and he looked like he could be when watching that game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose