Arizona Cardinals offseason news for the week of Jan 4 2021

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I had to google Brett Maher I knew there was an Aussie basketball player by that name saw him on tv when we were there in 08. Not the same guy!

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Aparently when both defenders do it they cancel it out?
if D-Hop wasn’t a mouthy punk to the refs, they make that call. Dude needs to **** and just play. Complain when it’s legit. I see him pissing and moaning to the refs after almost every pass he doesn’t catch. I think the refs tune him out.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
if D-Hop wasn’t a mouthy punk to the refs, they make that call. Dude needs to **** and just play. Complain when it’s legit. I see him pissing and moaning to the refs after almost every pass he doesn’t catch. I think the refs tune him out.

Exactly! I made a reference a couple weeks back that Hopkins wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. No one can argue that he's a physically gifted WR, but I have my concerns now about his mental game.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's been trending upwards to be a top LT. I think this reflects Kuglers work with him.
Makes you wonder our WR coach (Raih)

Maybe its the new system, but Hopkins was in the 90s with the Texans. 87 here. Still great obviously, but a dip.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dennis Dodd
@dennisdoddcbs
· 4h
Tom Clements has retired as pass game coordinator of the AZ Cardinals. Cam Turner has been promoted to quarterbacks coach

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if Kugler gets the OC job outright or if they hire someone else.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I wonder if they will take a look at some of these guys as well.

Darrell Bevell (might come with Robert Prince who has been a pretty successful WR coach)

Keenan McCardell has done good work with the young WRs in JAcksonville.

Jay Gruden is available.

Pep Hamilton seems to do a good job with Justin Herbert this year as QB coach.

Dirk Koetter is available and has done well as an OC.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Darrell Bevell (might come with Robert Prince who has been a pretty successful WR coach)

Jay Gruden is available.

Bring me Gruden.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Jay Gruden is available.

I'd be amazed if they bring in anyone as an official OC. What does Kliff offer as a HC without play calling?

I don't see them replacing Clement but if they do I'd be amazed if it's anything more than an old NFL "guru" with zero power. But I wish they would.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'd be amazed if they bring in anyone as an official OC. What does Kliff offer as a HC without play calling?

I don't see them replacing Clement but if they do I'd be amazed if it's anything more than an old NFL "guru" with zero power. But I wish they would.
You can have an offense and develop a game plan without being the one calling the plays. I don't know if Kliff is ready to give that up yet, but he definitely could while still keeping the vision of what he wants to do on offense.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly, Bevell, Gruden, and Koetter are all decent play callers and OCs. A lot of it depends on how much control Kliff wants to keep.

Surely all of it? Was is he without plays other than bad clock management, bad use of timeouts and a penalty magnet?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Bevell makes sense because of his work with Russell Wilson. But, he would have to be ok with Kliff calling plays if that is what he wanted.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can have an offense and develop a game plan without being the one calling the plays. I don't know if Kliff is ready to give that up yet, but he definitely could while still keeping the vision of what he wants to do on offense.

He needs someone at least to assist him with the clock management

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Surely all of it? Was is he without plays other than bad clock management, bad use of timeouts and a penalty magnet?
It depends if Kliff feels like he is stretched too thinn on gamedays or during the week. If he wants more time to be able to interact with the defense or other position groups. Kliff knows how he feels things are going. Maybe he recognizes he is missing something in his playcalling or scheme and wants an established NFL mind to bounce ideas off of why.

There are lots of reasons someone may be willing to give up some power. If he feels it is to his benefit, why wouldn't he.

Last edited: